SportsWrath

AJ Burnett

this has been the yankees problem for some time now..they cannot hit pitchers with little to no mlb experience. I dont know if its bad scouting or what, but teams that potentially will face the yankees in the playoffs will have an ace in the hole if they add a no name minor league pitcher to their roster come playoff time.

that seems to be the case with a lot of teams. they dont have enough scouting on a guy cuz of his inexperience and he shuts them down. the true great pitchers stay great after hitters adjust to them which is why strasberg's first few starts haven't surprised me, im more interested in how he does next year

i mean even hideki irabu struck out 9 or something in his debut :laugh:

that seems to be the case with a lot of teams. they dont have enough scouting on a guy cuz of his inexperience and he shuts them down. the true great pitchers stay great after hitters adjust to them which is why strasberg's first few starts haven't surprised me, im more interested in how he does next year

I hear you, but still...the yankees have future hall of famers or borderline future hall of famers up and down the line up, youd think theyd be able to scratch out a few runs off of a nobody no matter what. Its concerning, not much, but a little.

i think the pads are for real.

I hear you, but still...the yankees have future hall of famers or borderline future hall of famers up and down the line up, youd think theyd be able to scratch out a few runs off of a nobody no matter what. Its concerning, not much, but a little.

It baffles me too. Especially when a guy who's been going struggling (Burnett) goes out there and pitches a great game and they can't get him any run support against a scrub.