SportsWrath

Papelbon

nosebleedjints

Just so any of you Gay Sux fans know, just because he is 4/4 in save oppurtunties does not make him a future HOF.

Papelbon, Declaremen, and Hansen are not the next 3.

No, they are decent prospects, the first in a long while for the Red Sox.

No need to blow it out any further out of proportion.

I am so sick of you Peter Gammons knuckleheads going on about how awesome your prospects are.

Yes, compared to your 2004 "Purchased" championship team, you do have a lot of young talent, but that is compartively speaking.

After years of having the worst farm system, you finally have someone besides a mop up pitcher.

Congrats.

We are stacked in AA, so shut up

Just so any of you Gay Sux fans know, just because he is 4/4 in save oppurtunties does not make him a future HOF.

I am so sick of you Peter Gammons knuckleheads going on about how awesome your prospects are.

Yes, compared to your 2004 "Purchased" championship team, you do have a lot of young talent, but that is compartively speaking.

After years of having the worst farm system, you finally have someone besides a mop up pitcher.

Congrats.

:cwy: Tears of joy.....

That was beautiful man, beautiful.....

Congrats.

:clap::clap:

We're not the ONLY ones. <_<:doh:

Congrats.

I couldnt agree more. :clap::clap:

Actually, I dont know whether to fear or keep in mind it's just the begining of the season. The Sox have been pretty impressive.

Since it's so early, I have no clue how good or bad our AL East opponents look.

I didn't even know the Sox's record until today. I'm waiting 2-3 weeks until I start worrying about other teams.

Its ty[ical AL East. The Sux blow out of the gates, like theyre sumthin. The Yankees lose a few, then rally towards the end makin a strong playoff push. Win the division while the Sux fizzle out at the end. Like always. :LMAO:

Congrats.

Lol, yea and the yankees don't try to do that :doh:

I'm happy they're starting use more of the farm system now. Guys like Cano, Wang, Small and Crosby are the players that are going to get the Yankees back to the Promised Land :TU:

Its ty[ical AL East. The Sux blow out of the gates, like theyre sumthin. The Yankees lose a few, then rally towards the end makin a strong playoff push. Win the division while the Sux fizzle out at the end. Like always. :LMAO:

Exactly! Just like the last 5 years right? whistling2gv.gif

Crosby? Small did not come straight from their farm system, he's like 33.

I know it's early but it appears Wang is having a little trouble so far this season.

It only took Steinbrenner 30 years to realize he can build a world series team around his farm system and some signings here and there.

We won 3 pennants to your 1. :doh:

I wasn't talking about pennants. You were the favorites to win it all the last 5 years...

We're even in the WS dept. :brooding:

Not so fast, the last year you won was 2000.

Crosby? Small did not come straight from their farm system, he's like 33.

I know it's early but it appears Wang is having a little trouble so far this season.

It only took Steinbrenner 30 years to realize he can build a world series team around his farm system and some signings here and there.

Yes Crosby, he could be a good player if they would give him a damn chance.

And Small did come from the farm system last year.

Wang just needs to build up his endurance and he'll be better than last year, i love his poise.

We also should've kept guys like Soriano and Nick Johnson(My two favorite ex-yankees.)

I also am opposed to the a-rod trade, i know it has nothing to do with the farm system, but i liked aaron boone and he fits better into this yankee lineup.

Also should've kept Brad Halsey and Ted Lilly(also could've been great player) :TU:

I have been a Yankee Fan my whole life, but it's aquiring players like A-rod, Sheffield, etc. that are rly turning me into a Met fan.

Right now i'd say i'm about split between the two and i enjoy all baseball teams in general.

Wang just needs to build up his endurance and he'll be better than last year, i love his poise.

We also should've kept guys like Soriano and Nick Johnson(My two favorite ex-yankees.)

I also am opposed to the a-rod trade, i know it has nothing to do with the farm system, but i liked aaron boone and he fits better into this yankee lineup.

Also should've kept Brad Halsey and Ted Lilly(also could've been great player) :TU:

Yes, but the arguement was that was he drafted by the Yanks, and then spent a few years in the farm system and eventually called up like Wang, Cano, etc.

I think Crosby's an okay player too. But if you are trying to use him as an example of why the Yankees farm system is stacked, then you are reaching quite a bit.

He's a solid player. But that wind up looks like an injury waiting to happen. Good stuff but he should change his throwing motion.

Nick, yes. Vazquez was just a complete bust for you guys. But why Soriano? Now, the A-rod deal looks even better for you because now in return, the Rangers got Wilkerson and a couple of others. And with the way Alfonso is acting up in Washington and how much he strikes out, I would take A-rod over him in a heartbeat. Especially now that the Yanks have Cano to replace Soriano.

Come on. A-rod or Boone? Take your pick. How does he fit better in the lineup? And, he was going to be out for the season anyway with that knee injury.

Halsey's decent but in part of a Randy Johnson trade I would get rid of him in a second.

I have been a Yankee Fan my whole life, but it's aquiring players like A-rod, Sheffield, etc. that are rly turning me into a Met fan.

Right now i'd say i'm about split between the two and i enjoy all baseball teams in general.

Dont be band wagon fan. Nobody likes a traitor. Stick with the team you grew up with. While it's gut reching to see this shit go down the way it has, as soon as we get that elusive ring, everything is forgoten.

BTW, I think Sheffys lack of greenies and/or roids is showing.. :brooding:

Dont be band wagon fan. Nobody likes a traitor. Stick with the team you grew up with. While it's gut reching to see this shit go down the way it has, as soon as we get that elusive ring, everything is forgoten.

BTW, I think Sheffys lack of greenies and/or roids is showing.. :brooding:

Then why did Yankees fans respond so nicely to Damon today? ;)

Guest 26 TIMES
They didn't want to overpay him.

Why not? All that he did for the team and they didn't want to meet his price? Yet they go and pay Ortiz a boatload of money.

Again, how does that make him a traitor?