SportsWrath

Dockery

gateb

He had himself a fine game today. You may say he was beat twice by Carter, but I don't think that was the case. I think he played it as well as he could, except Weinke made two perfect throws. The pick was a great play, a nice read and a nice catch. He also did a good job when covering Smith and when covering Keyshawn.

Thoughts? He's better than Frank Walker, that's for sure.

He had himself a fine game today. I think he played it as well as he could, the pick was a great He also did a good job when covering Smith and when covering Keyshawn.

Thoughts? He's better than Frank Walker , that's for sure.

Yes he is!

Can we find another guy out there better than "Pretty Ricky"? (#47)

He had himself a fine game today. You may say he was beat twice by Carter, but I don't think that was the case. I think he played it as well as he could, except Weinke made two perfect throws. The pick was a great play, a nice read and a nice catch. He also did a good job when covering Smith and when covering Keyshawn.

Thoughts? He's better than Frank Walker, that's for sure.

I have liked Dockery since that TD pick he made against the Broke Backs.

overall. i think our secondary played well today.. to shut down Steve Smith and K.Johnson i guess i'll live with having that Carter prick have a good game...

I wouldn't say 'well' but I'd say so-so. 400 plus yards allowed by a 45 yr old back up is not acceptable. Good thing the Giants had 3 picks.

i was listening to the first half on the radio and it sounded like he was getting picked on a lot. did he have a good 2nd half or something?

He was, but the long pass on Dockery were perfectly thrown balls. He was with his man step for step, but Carter made unbelieveable catches.

Weinke is not old, he's only 34, and his body has taken a lot less of a pounding than most football players his age. Weinke had some great throws and bad throws, I did not think it was going to be any advantage having him in there rather than Delhomme. Jake has been crappy this year anyway. I'm glad the Giants took Weinke seriously.

Weinke is not old, he's only 34, and his body has taken a lot less of a pounding than most football players his age. Weinke had some great throws and bad throws, I did not think it was going to be any advantage having him in there rather than Delhomme. Jake has been crappy this year anyway. I'm glad the Giants took Weinke seriously.

I'm glad the Giants weren't 'joking around' or taking Weinke lightly....if so, he could have threw for 700 yds.

:P

Like I said the secondary played so-so. It's STILL a weak link for our Giants. I was more impressed with Eli and Company...the way they moved the ball. I would like to see more touches for Shockey, at least 8-10 touches.

I thought Dockery was very impressive today and could have had the best performance by a corner this year, ( I know that's not hard), when you consider he barely plays, he did a good job.

If Dockery is on the squad the rest of the year, then Frank Walker should not darken the playing again this year. He needs to go away. How the Giants felt he'd contribute over the kid we let go to the Saints is beyond me.

I wouldn't say 'well' but I'd say so-so. 400 plus yards allowed by a 45 yr old back up is not acceptable. Good thing the Giants had 3 picks.

400+ years on 61 attempts. in a typical game of 30 passes, this means we merely allowed 200 passing yards.

Randoff, don't be too down on the secondary. They actually caught three balls, and a lot of the yards were garbage yards or were perfectly thrown passes.

I think we're at the point where we are realizing this defense will be giving up 20 points a game. It's really up to the offense to have success. If we want to beat the Saints, we have to do to them exactly what we did to Dallas last week. 14 plays 73 yards 6:30 mins. That's how you beat an explosive offense with an okay defense. Not by 77 yard runs and 4 play drives.

They threw the ball 61 times and were completely one dimensional. The Giants should've had six picks. Demps dropped one and McQuarters should've had another. I'm pretty sure there was at least one more that should have been picked.

You know, we complain about our coaching a lot but the Panthers was horrible. They gave up on the run immediately. They weren't doing bad, they just completely gave up on it. That was a terrible display of game calling.

We are more similar to Carolina than we all think.

Randoff, don't be too down on the secondary. They actually caught three balls, and a lot of the yards were garbage yards or were perfectly thrown passes.

I think we're at the point where we are realizing this defense will be giving up 20 points a game. It's really up to the offense to have success. If we want to beat the Saints, we have to do to them exactly what we did to Dallas last week. 14 plays 73 yards 6:30 mins. That's how you beat an explosive offense with an okay defense. Not by 77 yard runs and 4 play drives.

If this Defensive coach of ours doesn't prepare these guys on cover techniques and actually catching the INT's (like u said 6 INTs shoudda happened)...I will always be down on the secondary, the Achilles Heel! Too many times this year you have LB's covering recievers. Demps gets turned around somehow and gets lost in the middle....when #23 was in there, he was late getting to WR's. Dockery is a better choice to have back there. Walker isn't a cover guy, Madison has lost a step and R.W. hasn't gotten used to the scheme yet (IMO). This defense CAN be fixed IF these coaches prepared better during the week. The best preperation I've seen so far was the 'plan' they had vs. the 'Vick-lanta Falcons.

(Runner up: the first Cowboy game where the Giants used the Blitz all game and utilized Wilson in getting to a stff Drew Bledsoe.)

he also played evry well against the texans. he was matched up against andre johnson, the best wide reciever in the league, and was battin balls down like it was nobody's business. he's a good cover corner, i liked how he and madison have the ability to line up face-to-face with recievers instead of giving 15 yard cushions like the WILLS and webster.

I'm glad the Giants weren't 'joking around' or taking Weinke lightly....if so, he could have threw for 700 yds.

:P

Like I said the secondary played so-so. It's STILL a weak link for our Giants. I was more impressed with Eli and Company...the way they moved the ball. I would like to see more touches for Shockey, at least 8-10 touches.

Dude, Weinke had 50 something attempts...they couldn't run the ball and played from behind...of course they are gonna have mad yards. I'll take the 3 picks and 400 yards.

Dude, Weinke had 50 something attempts...they couldn't run the ball and played from behind...of course they are gonna have mad yards. I'll take the 3 picks and 400 yards.

Even worse, he had 60 somthing attempts.

Dockery is a rookie. Im very exited about his performance. Cant wait to see some more of this kid.

Even worse, he had 60 somthing attempts.

Dockery is a rookie. Im very exited about his performance. Cant wait to see some more of this kid.

I agree. I just don't want to jump on the bandwagon just yet. I have to see the kid play a few more times before I get my hopes up.