SportsWrath

Khaseem Greene Update Thread!!!!

JMFP

http://beargoggleson...khaseem-greene/

I decided to do a countdown to the Chicago Bears season opener on September 8th versus the Cincinnati Bengals. Thanks to one of my Twitter followers, I decided to combine the countdown with a roster preview of sorts.

We’re Khaseem Greene days from the start of the Chicago Bears season. If you prefer to root for underdog offensive linemen, you could say we’re Taylor Boggs days from kickoff. Let’s learn about these prospects.

trans.gif

The Bears drafted Khaseem Greene in the fourth round of the 2013 draft, the second linebacker they selected. Along with Jon Bostic, this duo figures to be the future of the Bears linebacking corps. The big question that looms is whether or not Greene will be able to ahead of veteran James Anderson to start at the strong side linebacker spot.

Keep an eye on Greene during camp. A lot of experts think the linebacker out of Rutgers is a steal for the Bears in the fourth round. He was ultra-productive in college after switching to Will linebacker his junior year. He racked up a ton of tackles and turnovers over his last couple of seasons. He was named All Big East and a first team All American by ESPN.

On the other side of the ball, Taylor Boggs is an undrafted free agent center out of Humboldt State.

He was signed by the New York Jets following the 2011 draft and ended up on their Injured Reserve.

He was cut in April of 2012 before catching on with the Bears in April of this past offseason.

Boggs is another longshot offensive lineman on the roster that will be competing for a job in camp.

Since there aren’t a lot of true centers on the roster, he could have a shot to make in impact and at least get a shot for a reserve job or a practice squad.

We’re 60 days from kickoff. Are you ready???

:party-smiley-048:

The Bears are stupid. They took a starting-caliber linebacker when a third-string QB was available?

Schmucks.

Well, the Giants are so stocked at linebacker......but they couldn't pass up the chance of getting the next Jeff Rutledge.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.suntimes....nce-briggs.html

BOURBONNAIS — Rookie linebacker Khaseem Greene has a lot to learn, but he’s learning from the best.

Greene, a fourth-round draft pick from Rutgers, is playing on the second team at weak-side linebacker behind Lance Briggs, a seven-time Pro Bowl player. And Briggs is doing everything he can to bring the rookie along quickly.

‘‘He’s great,’’ Greene said. ‘‘I’m picking his brain. I’m watching him on film. I’m watching him in practice. I’m asking him a lot of questions, and he’s giving me

answers.

‘‘He’s been a dominant player for all these years. That’s something I want to be. Having him in front of me, somebody I can go to when I have doubt or questions, it’s amazing. It’s a really good situation for me.’’

The 6-1, 241-pound Greene, a two-time Big East defensive player of the year, is a former safety who became a playmaking strong-side linebacker at Rutgers. He can play any of the three linebacker positions.....

Ummmm. Funny why the Giants didnt take a cold hard look at this dude. I mean Rutgers is next door. I'm sure the scouts know why we went with a Back up QB than a needed LB.....................

We bought him for a visit, he has a history of injuries and we already have two guys, that are young at WLB. Greene may even, convert to S.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/tag/_/name/2013-week-3-nfl-buzz

Locker Room Buzz: Chicago Bears
September, 23, 2013
Sep 23
1:00
AM ET
By Michael C. Wright | ESPN.com
PITTSBURGH -- Observed in the locker room after the Chicago Bears40-23 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers:

Deference: Bears rookie linebacker Khaseem Greene clutched in both arms several sets of team travel sweatsuits and passed them out to all of the linebackers. Asked if the gesture had anything to do with him being a rookie, Greene said, "No, I was just going to get my suit and figured I’d grab all my boys', too." Green finished the day contributing mostly on special teams. The linebacking corps as a whole totaled 12 tackles, including four for lost yardage.
Game ball: Safety Major Wright ran back an interception for a touchdown and forced a fumble, in addition to contributing seven tackles, and received the game ball for his performance. Wright gripped the ball tightly as he fished a drink out of a refrigerated cooler in the middle of the locker room. “This is my first one ever,” Wright said.

Coach, QBs huddle: Quarterbacks Jay Cutler and Josh McCown huddled for several moments in front of Cutler’s locker after the game, holding what appeared to be a serious discussion. Cutler finished with a passer rating of 90.8 and threw for a touchdown. The trio seemed to be talking strategy after the game.

• 1 month later...

Chicago coach happy with the play of his rookie linebackers....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-trestman-content-rookie-linebackers-20131113,0,2798262.story

For the first time this season, the Chicago Bears have limited their opponent to 21 or fewer points in consecutive games. Surprisingly, that has coincided with leading tackler Lance Briggs' absence due to a fractured left shoulder.

Rookie weak-side linebacker Khaseem Greene played 15 of 62 defensive snaps in Sunday's 21-19 loss to the Lions. Rookie middle linebacker Jon Bostic, starting for the third game in place of injured first-stringer D.J. Williams (left pectoral), played all 62.

"From the sideline, I thought (Bostic) was physical," coach Marc Tretsman said. "I thought he was good on his run fits. He moved around. I think he’s getting better, and I think that Khaseem played well. Did he play great? No, but most of the time he’s in the right spot."

The NFL credited Bostic with three solo tackles and three assists. Greene had one tackle.

"This is a great opportunity for them," Trestman said. "I don’t think they’re hurting us at all. I think they’re getting better each and every day. I’m excited about those two young guys."

In other news, Coach Coughlin indicated that Ryan Nassib "looked outstanding holding the clipboard".

You know I'm willing to bet if we put Nassib in at LB, he would manage one tackle as well.

Nassib=Greene same talent at LB, fact.

BTW Greene hates white people, fact.

The main difference between Greene and Nassib is that Greene is helping his team.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-11-18/sports/ct-spt-1119-biggs-film-session-20131119_1_bears-film-session-ray-rice-vonta-leach

11/18/2013

....It's going to take time for rookies Jon Bostic and Khaseem Greene to get acclimated, but they're growing together with Lance Briggs sidelined. At the end of the third quarter, Greene used proper technique, taking on the outside shoulder of Leach, as Bostic flowed to stop Rice for a 1-yard gain. Bostic looked more confident in coverage, not just on the interception that led to a field goal but in a zone in the flat with tight end Ed Dickson in the first quarter. Bostic was blocked out of the play by Shipley on Rice's 47-yard run. The Ravens' reliance on three-wide-receiver sets limited Greene to 18 snaps, but he made four tackles, including two for no gain.....