SportsWrath

Davis Webb sounds like he might be for real.

Sephiroth

This is probably the fifth or sixth article I've read praising this kid. Word out of camp is he's looked great throwing the ball and running the offense, and now we get this.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/52219/davis-webb-is-going-to-extremes-trying-to-learn-the-giants-offense

All encouraging signs.

From everything I've read;

Engram, LaCross(?) and Webb have been the stars of the OTAs so far.

Johnson is having a solid camp, #3 QB spot competition (if you call it any sort of news)

Shepard is a legit #2, nice to have a bunch of WRs who can be #1/2 on other teams, Gonna be a match up nightmare with OBJ/Shepard/Marshall being moved around from inside to outside every play.

No depth at CB, outside of DRC/Jenkins no one has been stepping up to fill the nickle corner spot.

Might have a real starting FB with Shane Smith who has reportedly "knocked the fuck out of people" when blocking.

Thompson has shown very good speed and movement after coming back from that injury.

Tomlinson looks like a copy of Snacks, eating up anything in the run game.

Soreness, soreness everywhere, Ellison, Flowers, Apple, Jenkins, Pugh, Hart, lots of starters missing time with "soreness", hopefully just rest the fuckers till the start of the season.

OBJ continues to show why you don't need to go to voluntary workouts by basically catching everything thrown his way.

Yeah so do I need to pull up all the great articles that were written on Geno Smith when he was drafted or can we just wait and see what he really is in the preseason? I like reading about what a great student of the game David Webb is and I wish that translated flawlessly to the field. I like what I'm reading about David Webb so far and will not let that turn into greater expectations for him in the preseason. Most likely David Webb will be a bag of flaming dog shit with people cursing Jerry Reese for the next four years based entirely on 20 minutes of preseason this year.

Yeah so do I need to pull up all the great articles that were written on Geno Smith when he was drafted or can we just wait and see what he really is in the preseason?

I'd actually love for you to do that because I remember reading just the opposite.

Yeah so do I need to pull up all the great articles that were written on Geno Smith when he was drafted or can we just wait and see what he really is in the preseason? I like reading about what a great student of the game David Webb is and I wish that translated flawlessly to the field. I like what I'm reading about David Webb so far and will not let that turn into greater expectations for him in the preseason. Most likely David Webb will be a bag of flaming dog shit with people cursing Jerry Reese for the next four years based entirely on 20 minutes of preseason this year.

Yea... who's David Webb? :Popcorn-emot:

But really I've been impressed with Davis Webb... I had him in my mock (the Giants selected him earlier than expected).

I'd actually love for you to do that because I remember reading just the opposite.

A couple of draft profiles that year, love reading all those comments from fans.
Once thought to be a top-five pick in the NFL draft. Jets were excited and so was the fanbase http://https://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/4/30/4286580/geno-smith-a-biography
At the time there was plenty of talk about how high Geno Smith would go in the first round and there was only one writer from ProFootball Weekly, Nolan Nawrocki who had a negative assessment of Geno Smith.
Apart from Nawrocki’s critique of Smith’s mechanics, Nawrocki adds this assessment of Smith: Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.”
Nawrocki then makes a strong prediction about Smith’s future. “Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room,” Nawrocki writes. “Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.

Yea... who's David Webb? :Popcorn-emot:

But really I've been impressed with Davis Webb... I had him in my mock (the Giants selected him earlier than expected).

Thanks for pointing out that typo. Surprised I missed it with the D and S key being so far apart. :TU:

A couple of draft profiles that year, love reading all those comments from fans.
Once thought to be a top-five pick in the NFL draft. Jets were excited and so was the fanbase http://https://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/4/30/4286580/geno-smith-a-biography
At the time there was plenty of talk about how high Geno Smith would go in the first round and there was only one writer from ProFootball Weekly, Nolan Nawrocki who had a negative assessment of Geno Smith.
Apart from Nawrocki’s critique of Smith’s mechanics, Nawrocki adds this assessment of Smith: Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.”
Nawrocki then makes a strong prediction about Smith’s future. “Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room,” Nawrocki writes. “Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.

Must have been reading from different places... i remember that last one about him being a dick (perfect fit for a Rex Ryan locker room I thought)... but aside from that, all I read is that his conditioning was terrible and that he threw the ball better than Mark Sanchez (which is like saying you're the fastest guy at Fat Kid's Camp).

I'd start him now what could it hurt

I mean outside of paying a QB 17 million to sit on the bench and potentially breaking the kids confidence.

We could probably get away with benching most of our starters just to see what the rookies got, really wont hurt at all.

I'd start him now what could it hurt

I mentioned earlier what the problem could be: Hurting his and fan confidence in the long run. It doesn't take much to throw a guy under the bus in the NFL. This is a third round pick and Nassib was a fourth round pick that did little or encourage much.