SportsWrath

3rd and 4th and 5th QB taken...

gmenroc

...are rumored to be Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, and Garrett Grayson. I'll admit, I know nothing of these 3 QBs aside from the fact that they're ranked a world away from Winston and Mariota.

I bring them up for a reason. They'll likely be second or third round picks. And because we pick fairly high in the draft order, it really brings into question the ability to trade down in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds with a team that's looking for a QB. Of course, if one of these 3 sneaks into the bottom of the first, we'd still have the leverage in the 2nd with the other two guys, but likely not the 3rd.

I guess my question is two-fold. First, where do you see these 3 QBs going in the draft? And second, how far would you be willing to trade down (obviously this partially depends upon what players are still available when we're selecting)?

I recently did a full 3-round, NFL-wide draft and don't have Hundley going until 43 overall to Cleveland. Have the other two going 80 and 81 to Kansas City and Buffalo. In that scenario, in the second round - we'd have to convince Cleveland that another team was looking to jump them to get Hundley. Likewise, in the third, we'd have to convince Buffalo and Kansas City of the same. It might not be that difficult given I'd think there would be plenty of teams who need a QB to develop (or start) that had no chance at Mariota or Winston.

The top two QBs in the draft aren't even the best players in the draft. The others are going in the fourth and later rounds so I doubt there will be teams moving up to grab one.

The priority placed on the QB position pushes those players up in the draft. Despite not being the best two players in the draft, they'll likely be selected 1-2. Likewise, though to a lesser extent, despite being complete projects, the next 3 QBs will be drafted higher than their talent indicates (when compared to the talent at other positions) because of the position they play.

I'd be shocked if the top 2 QBs go 1-2 and then we don't see another one selected until the 4th round given the number of QB needy teams in the league.

I have Petty has the the third QB off the board in round two to Buffalo. Hundley and Grayson in round three. I doubt anybody moves up for any of them. The sixth QB is Brandon Bridge from South Alabama. This is a really bad class for QB's

I have Petty has the the third QB off the board in round two to Buffalo. Hundley and Grayson in round three. I doubt anybody moves up for any of them. The sixth QB is Brandon Bridge from South Alabama. This is a really bad class for QB's

Wouldn't that provide justification for teams TO move up or are you suggesting teams bag the year with the QB they have that incidently, they have an interest in replacing?