SportsWrath

McDaniels Says No to Colts

Sephiroth

It just speaks volumes about McDaniels, quite the chip off the old block. He all but agreed to coach the Colts then turned it down making Irsay and the entire Colts organization look stupid. I would be surprised if he ever gets a head coaching opportunity again from other teams in the league. McDaniels has gone all in on being the Patriots head coach someday...

It just speaks volumes about McDaniels, quite the chip off the old block. He all but agreed to coach the Colts then turned it down making Irsay and the entire Colts organization look stupid. I would be surprised if he ever gets a head coaching opportunity again from other teams in the league. McDaniels has gone all in on being the Patriots head coach someday...

I think all of this too.

You think it was spite? People are saying it's Luck's shoulder. Do you think they do this if they won the SB?

No i think its just coincidence and a nice bonus for kraft to screw irsay. I dont think McDaniels wouldve gotten to the point where he agreed to the job without doing his due diligence on lucks shoulder. I think a succession conversation took place between coach, oc and owner

No i think its just coincidence and a nice bonus for kraft to screw irsay. I dont think McDaniels wouldve gotten to the point where he agreed to the job without doing his due diligence on lucks shoulder. I think a succession conversation took place between coach, oc and owner

You think Bill walks away this off season?

I have no idea. I would not wait a year on a guys word that hes gonna retire, then again belichick is empathetic to the successor in such a situation so maybe he gave a time table and plans to stick to it. Maybe theres just a year left on the contract and he got a guarantee from bill and kraft that its next year

Belichick accepted, and then resigned from the Jets head coaching position after one day.

Parcells has retired late in the offseason out of spite.

I see no reason this will affect McDaniels career. So he'd rather wait out Belichick than risk working for Jim Fucking Irsay. Well, no shit, if I had the choice, so would I.

Belichick accepted, and then resigned from the Jets head coaching position after one day.

Parcells has retired late in the offseason out of spite.

I see no reason this will affect McDaniels career. So he'd rather wait out Belichick than risk working for Jim Fucking Irsay. Well, no shit, if I had the choice, so would I.

The difference being those guys left and didn't do a thing to the organization.

McDaniels actually starting hiring coordinators out of college and from other teams guys who were expecting to move up in the NFL.

Now they have no job basically.

Joshy boy is done and probably blacklisted by e wry owner in the NFL outside of Kraft and he better hop he has success after Bill leaves.

I mean Brady.

Brady is probably the biggest system QB I'm the history of the game.

They had a guy who never started a game since high school, and still win 11 games with him.

The day Brady moves on is the day the Pats start winning with another QB.....As long as Billy is there.

They had a guy who never started a game since high school, and still win 11 games with him.

The day Brady moves on is the day the Pats start winning with another QB.....As long as Billy is there.

If it's a system up there, then why hasn't he been replaced by now, when his teamates have been replaced twice maybe 3 times since he became QB. He's 40 years old and they want to keep him so much, they just traded the backup who's a starter now. It's going to be a sad day in New England when he retires because they know they are returning to the pack.

You can fry an egg on this hot take

If it's a system up there, then why hasn't he been replaced by now, when his teamates have been replaced twice maybe 3 times since he became QB. He's 40 years old and they want to keep him so much, they just traded the backup who's a starter now. It's going to be a sad day in New England when he retires because they know they are returning to the pack.

You didn't read that article on how annoyed Belichick was that they traded Garoppolo. I absolutely believe if Belichick had complete control he would have traded Brady and kept Garoppolo this year.

The difference being those guys left and didn't do a thing to the organization.

McDaniels actually starting hiring coordinators out of college and from other teams guys who were expecting to move up in the NFL.

Now they have no job basically.

Joshy boy is done and probably blacklisted by e wry owner in the NFL outside of Kraft and he better hop he has success after Bill leaves.

not sure where you're getting your info. Colts front office, oddly enough, was doing the coaching hires. All the assistant coaches the Colts have hired still have those jobs.

The new head coach will want his own staff.

you can't always get what you want....

the whole thing is weird.... bottom line for me, I think the rush to judge McDaniels may be a little premature.... a lot of public criticism is based on assumptions about how the process usually works that do not appear to hold true in this case. Some of the other criticism is coming from guys that are just trying to cover their own asses or who perhaps lost out on a pay day.

And.... Irsay is a dick..... so I tend to applaud anything bad that happens to his team.