SportsWrath

Cowboys in 2012

Cowboyz

ok i understand.

anything i say should be taken with a grain, i'm not a troll or anything

It really depends on when we can get started. But as it stands, Cowboys, gints, eags, skins.

I'm thinking Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Skins.

Please, your think I didn't know who Mark Bavaro was? If you wanna feel welcomed here you might want to stop being a douche. How many other teams can you find the last 25 years that won the Big Dance with a TE as their leading receiver?

The 86' Giants were one of the most dominant defenses in league history. That's why they won, not because of an underachieving receiving corps. They also had a dominant RB. Your D doesn't even come close and your one example doesn't prove a trend. Go look up the win/loss records for the teams I listed, having a TE as your lead receiver is not a sign of a good team, it's a sign that you are relying on your safety valve too much.

You guys have a loaded backfield and Bryant may turn into a legit deep threat, he certainly has the physical tools, there's reason of optimism on your end but you need to sort your line out or Romo won't last much longer. Not in this division.

hah no, I'm sure you know who Bavaro IS. He's still alive. I just think you were clueless that he led the team in recs. during a sb run.

Ah, it's ok for you to be a douche to new members though?

The point is gunslinger, not every te is the safety valve. Some are legitimate threats in their own rite.

If the Gints were sporting Gates, you think he'd be Elisha's safety valve? You think he wouldn't be targeted more than Boss?

If you have an elite te, and he's leading the team in recs., it's not like Boss leading the gints in recs.

apples and oranges.

I'm hoping the real Ron Mexico comes back this year.

He lost his QB coach, they could struggle. Michael Vick is not Tom Brady all the sudden, where he's gonna spread the field. Neither, was Mcnabb though, and a one read offense seems to work for Philadelphia. We certainly can not stop it.

I don't think he ever left. He's the same player he always was, last year he was just in the right place at the right time.

We'll see, but... I think he comes back to earth.

we couldn't seem to do anything. If we pressed the receivers they go over the top for a quick td, or we would leave gaps for Vick to run 50 yards. If we played off coverage, they would throw screens for 8-9 yards and killed us slowly. We had shots at Vick too, and thats the key, on the game tying drive in that comeback both Kiwi and JPP had clean shots on Vick and whiffed. Phillips tries to kill Celek, instead of playing the ball and Celek jogs 50 yards to the end zone. :furious: I know it's beating a dead horse, and I can't wait till next year, I think we fucking kill them.

I did some homework gunslinger. time consuming so hope ur apprec.

I only looked at the last two years because it takes so long to chk every teams leader boards.

6 teams with te's leading catches.

combined record 46-50

I would also include san diego. gates had more catches than anyone other than sproles. and since rb's are the true safety valve in the passing game it doesn't help your argument.

one could put an asterisk on the pats and include them considering both te's combined for more catches than any single wr/rb. And that rarely happens so they should be included in my opinion.

combined record w/ pats and chargers incl. 69-59

broken down thats 4 teams over 500 and 4 teams at or below. 2 and 4 resp w/o the pats and sd ofcourse.

Not too damning by 2010 alone.

8 teams with te's leading catches

combined record 72-56

broken down thats again 4 over and 4 at/below .500

one of the losing teams btw is Tampa, who became one of the winners in 2010 with Winslow leading in recs.

you tell me what the trend is. looks like to me there's two scenarios at play here. 1. teams who have elite te's use them often and without remorse, and they do it successfully most of the time. 2. teams who don't have elite te's, have to utilize the te because of poor wr/rb/qb play. these teams would not be successful throwing 100% to wr's.

ha ha ha...the dog loves it. golfingguy...treehugger....etc...etc...yeah, the dog gets "pulled in hook, line and sinker"...right. one cowboy fan posts one thread and you all spend the better part of the day responding. ha ha ha...too funny. too easy...too predictable...ha ha ha...WOO!

on that note, the dog is happy to see more diversity in here...and logic...

ha ha ha...the dog loves it. golfingguy...treehugger....etc...etc...yeah, the dog gets "pulled in hook, line and sinker"...right. one cowboy fan posts one thread and you all spend the better part of the day responding. ha ha ha...too funny. too easy...too predictable...ha ha ha...WOO!

falling-asleep-at-your-desk-on-a-sunday-is-never-a-good-thing.jpg

I did some homework gunslinger. time consuming so hope ur apprec.

I only looked at the last two years because it takes so long to chk every teams leader boards.

6 teams with te's leading catches.

combined record 46-50

I would also include san diego. gates had more catches than anyone other than sproles. and since rb's are the true safety valve in the passing game it doesn't help your argument.

one could put an asterisk on the pats and include them considering both te's combined for more catches than any single wr/rb. And that rarely happens so they should be included in my opinion.

combined record w/ pats and chargers incl. 69-59

broken down thats 4 teams over 500 and 4 teams at or below. 2 and 4 resp w/o the pats and sd ofcourse.

Not too damning by 2010 alone.

8 teams with te's leading catches

combined record 72-56

broken down thats again 4 over and 4 at/below .500

one of the losing teams btw is Tampa, who became one of the winners in 2010 with Winslow leading in recs.

you tell me what the trend is. looks like to me there's two scenarios at play here. 1. teams who have elite te's use them often and without remorse, and they do it successfully most of the time. 2. teams who don't have elite te's, have to utilize the te because of poor wr/rb/qb play. these teams would not be successful throwing 100% to wr's.

Catches though, not yardage, which was what I looked up:

Cowboys 6-10

Cleveland 5-11

San Fran 6-10

Oakland 8-8

Not a good trend, elite TE or not.

Catches though, not yardage, which was what I looked up:

Cowboys 6-10

Cleveland 5-11

San Fran 6-10

Oakland 8-8

Not a good trend, elite TE or not.

haha I smell bullshit gunslinger

why didn't you mention yards before? I've mentioned I was talking leading in catches 3 or 4 times in this thread, and you don't specify yards until you're proven wrong.

cowardly, shameful

i can't talk football with a coward, sorry

btw you have to take the boyz off that list. witten led in recs, austin led in yards.

guffaw!!!

hi dog are you a boyz fan as well?

are there more of us here?

is it typical that there is such a complete lack of humor or amicability here?

hi dog are you a boyz fan as well?

are there more of us here?

is it typical that there is such a complete lack of humor or amicability here?

the dog is simply no fan of the giants. you do need to meet badegg, although he has not been here for some time. logical fellow, although a diehard cowboys fan with a more singular focus. you'll find quite a blend here...some who get it, some who don't...do seek out bigblue01...his conversations are quite dizzying...

haha I smell bullshit gunslinger

why didn't you mention yards before? I've mentioned I was talking leading in catches 3 or 4 times in this thread, and you don't specify yards until you're proven wrong.

cowardly, shameful

i can't talk football with a coward, sorry

btw you have to take the boyz off that list. witten led in recs, austin led in yards.

guffaw!!!

Oh fuck off, I was always referring to yardage. You're right that I missed Austin though, plumb forgot about him until you mentioned him. That was a fuck up for sure.

Oh fuck off, I was always referring to yardage. You're right that I missed Austin though, plumb forgot about him until you mentioned him. That was a fuck up for sure.

haha touchy. one of those guys who hates to say he's wrong, right?

next time just say what you mean and no one will be confused by your ignorance

you see, saying 'leading receiver' can mean several things. most targeted, most catches, most yards.

specify like i did from the start

haha touchy. one of those guys who hates to say he's wrong, right?

next time just say what you mean and no one will be confused by your ignorance

you see, saying 'leading receiver' can mean several things. most targeted, most catches, most yards.

specify like i did from the start

don't be a douche/

the dog is simply no fan of the giants. you do need to meet badegg, although he has not been here for some time. logical fellow, although a diehard cowboys fan with a more singular focus. you'll find quite a blend here...some who get it, some who don't...do seek out bigblue01...his conversations are quite dizzying...

You should do categories of those who "get it" and "don't get it". I think people really need to know just exactly where they stand. And who better an authority I say.

I like Witten and respect his game. Easily he's the best TE in the NFC imyo. Why do some people act surprised that a Dallas fan is going to root for his team... although he does talk a lot of shit... I guess it's all in fun..

Cowboys do have some guys that can pose a threat in the next few years lets not kid ourselves

Witten will still be a problem, our DB's are good but so are Dez and Miles.

Demarcus Ware

I see them at 10-6 this upcoming year maybe 9-7

Philly 11-5

Giants 11-5

Dallas 10-6

Washi 6-10

bet the house.