SportsWrath

Just got in from the Parade

GorillaNJ

The dumbest thing about the parade is none of the players wore their Jerseys, and there were lots of non-players on the floats. So everyone was trying to guess who was who.....

Spags got a huge pop, we started chanting redskins suck and he gave us the :TU:

The dumbest thing about the parade is none of the players wore their Jerseys, and there were lots of non-players on the floats. So everyone was trying to guess who was who.....

yeah that was kinda fucked up. I mean really wear your jersey for god sake.

Gorilla, I just got back, I was across the street from Chase Bank under the scaffolding. Spags did the same thing because the float stopped right where we were and we were chanting Redskins suck.

I forgot our digital camera so all I have is cell phone pictures. No sighting of Jacobs and Burress and I didn't see Osi.

The funniest thing was all the people booing when Spitzer and Shoomer came buy, it was priceless! Watching them fake smile and queen wave :bye:

If the Bills won a Super Bowl (stop laughing you never know) they would be there as well.....fair weather indeed.

Gorilla, I just got back, I was across the street from Chase Bank under the scaffolding. Spags did the same thing because the float stopped right where we were and we were chanting Redskins suck.

I forgot our digital camera so all I have is cell phone pictures. No sighting of Jacobs and Burress and I didn't see Osi.

wow i was right next to you..

and jacobs i thought was the one who came through on the very first car

but i didn't see plax or osi which was a little dissapointing

yeh just got back... people were crazy.. i'm soo tired... i should of camped out there... and yes, they should of wore their jerseys

forgot to mention.. some fool was wearing a Packers Jacket and i mean the whole green and yellow.. about 200 to 300 of us all chanting " Packers Suck!!!, Packers Suck!!"... guy next to me started chanting " Burn that coat".. haha i had to stop him.......

yeh just got back... people were crazy.. i'm soo tired... i should of camped out there... and yes, they should of wore their jerseys

forgot to mention.. some fool was wearing a Packers Jacket and i mean the whole green and yellow.. about 200 to 300 of us all chanting " Packers Suck!!!, Packers Suck!!"... guy next to me started chanting " Burn that coat".. haha i had to stop him.......

There was some asshole pats fan by me during the parade, he wasn't wearing a hat or anything but all his buddies were busting his balls.

Im ready to go and grab myself a beer now......

wow i was right next to you..

and jacobs i thought was the one who came through on the very first car

but i didn't see plax or osi which was a little dissapointing

Well, if you saw an ugly, 6ft 2inch guy with a beard, brown suit and a superbowl champs hat that was about 3 rows back from the road, chances are that was me. If you didn't then.......

One more year as assistant and then HC :D

No matter what contract Coughlin gets and how bad the Giants do next year, Coughlin will be head coach for the next 2 years at least. If Spags keeps going like this he won't want to wait around.

No matter what contract Coughlin gets and how bad the Giants do next year, Coughlin will be head coach for the next 2 years at least. If Spags keeps going like this he won't want to wait around.

Unless he decides to retire after his second superbowl vicotry. :rolleyes:

I was on Rector St and was one of the first people there.

The cops were very nice and one even tried to get my hat autograph,

and most cops were giving us back the toilet paper that fell in the street.

I had a hell of a time.

Cops were cool, but overall the crowd was having a lot of fun.

We did the same thing. Where were you? I was on cedar street i think. Cedar or Pine I forgot.

I originally went to wear the floats were. 9:30 and i was so pumped we were in front. Sure enough, the floats pull away with no players on them. Parade starts on opposite side.

We managed to make our way into Cedar and had to work our way through to the front for forty minutes. I was too far in back to see Strahan and Eli and company but I got to see some guys. Couldn't recognize anyone because of what you said, you're 100% right.

I saw Jacobs on the front of one float on TV. Osi is in Hawaii already for the Pro Bowl. I read an article that said he called Strahan in the middle of the parade. I can't beleive that Plax wasn't there though. :huh:

I went, stood under the scaffolding right near the start of the parade, could not get near City Hall. I kind of wish we went to Giants STadium and tailgated and watched it on TV and then did the thing over there, but quite frankly I am bone tired and have drank enough to kill an army of livers.

I was at both the parade and the Stadium event. The parade was good because it was the first "Canyon of Heroes" parade I ever went to, but it was a little subdued where I was (around Maiden Lane). As some have said already, I think it was because there were so many floats with non-players on them that you couldn't tell who half the players were, and also the floats were spaced out so far apart that I kept having to take my son off my shoulders out of exhaustion. Did not see Plax at the parade, either, but he was at the Stadium and the crowd was absolutely loving him. Of course, he encouraged us on by bowing about 5 times and waving his hands. The Stadium event was great. Lotta love in the house, and it was a more intimate crowd.

I was at both the parade and the Stadium event. The parade was good because it was the first "Canyon of Heroes" parade I ever went to, but it was a little subdued where I was (around Maiden Lane). As some have said already, I think it was because there were so many floats with non-players on them that you couldn't tell who half the players were, and also the floats were spaced out so far apart that I kept having to take my son off my shoulders out of exhaustion. Did not see Plax at the parade, either, but he was at the Stadium and the crowd was absolutely loving him. Of course, he encouraged us on by bowing about 5 times and waving his hands. The Stadium event was great. Lotta love in the house, and it was a more intimate crowd.

Yeah I didn't even know who most of the players were, they should have

worn their jerseys. How long did the thing at Giants Stadium last?

I was on Rector Street and my friends got their early enough to be in the first

row of people, we were about 10 feet from every float.