SportsWrath

A Realistic View on the Defense

Martin

I know many of you are solid (giants) football fans.

We dont always agree with one another but there

is a very basic area of concern for me that the Giants

I hope will address.

The Defense Line in Football is critical to winning championships and

with clancy gone and the fact that we only have $4 mil remaining is a

major concern.

Many beleive that Joseph can play and play well.

Please !! the guy is inconsistant give me that at least !! he is !!!

Robins came in last year out of shape and he isnt blow away material either.

who know what he comes in at this year?

Kenderick Allen and Duckett are great subs but not starters at least

not from what i have seen. But they can fill the backup role.

So as you know we need a stud DT one who can grab a bunch of sacks

up the middle and also colapse the pocket. Getting a player in the draft

to fill the role of a stud aint gonna happen as you all say it takes time to

develope the DT's SO WHAT NOW !!

Our D line right now is great on the ends but mediocre in the middle and unless

we sure up the middle with a stud DT the offense's will continue to double team

Stray and Osi. Are we talkin super bowl giants here???

If we are then we can not live without a stud DT !!!

Its not looking very promising at the moment and dont sell this position short

by constantly talking about the secondary. The secondary means nothing if

we cant colapse the pocket and put pressure on the QB straight up the middle!

WHo is out there that we can sign???

comments!! :mellow:

Guest Nutty Sack

Martin....you are one of the few who has a real knowledge of the game here and you are to be commended for it. I also want to say that you sharing the same views and opinions as the Fab Four takes guts since it is liable to get you banned.We are chastised for our negativity, as they interpert it, but we only want the Giants to be a better team. However, you couldn't be more right in your assessment. The defense starts at the line. We have two jewels there now with no other support. With the loss of Kendrick we are worse off then when the season ended. Why let the opposition exploit the middle as they did all last year ??

There is still time. There are viable options out there. What has been done to date is not the priority. EA has to make the proper move before it's to late. It is so obvious .

My comments.

Martin....you are one of the few who has a real knowledge of the game here and you are to be commended for it. I also want to say that you sharing the same views and opinions as the Fab Four takes guts since it is liable to get you banned.We are chastised for our negativity, as they interpert it, but we only want the Giants to be a better team. However, you couldn't be more right in your assessment. The defense starts at the line. We have two jewels there now with no other support. With the loss of Kendrick we are worse off then when the season ended. Why let the opposition exploit the middle as they did all last year ??

There is still time. There are viable options out there. What has been done to date is not the priority. EA has to make the proper move before it's to late. It is so obvious .

My comments.

I appreciate your comments and I also appreciate the non- joseph bashing !!

you held your tongue well. I dont beleive in bashing giants player because its

management who put them on the team. Its the FO that make mistakes or coaches

that have the input that hire the wrong player.

I agree 1000% that the most critical area on this Defensive team is DT.

We have lost major ground on the line of scrimage at this point!

Thanks Nutty!

I

My comments.

:rolleyes:

Believe me when I tell you that everyone knows we have problem in the DT position. But the problems most member have with the fab4 is:

- A) You guys contantly bring it up. When we are talking about the CB, ST, K you guys have to put jabs on William Joseph, Eli, Shockey and Burress. Why? We get it, you guys don't like these players! move on!...

-B ) You guys don't have realistic solutions to these so call problems. For example: Why sign for brees and pay him all that money, when we have other areas of concern? That doesn't make sense, does it? So you guys NEVER bring any realistic solution.

-C) Wishing and thanking for a player to get hurts is just plain classless. I don't care how bad someone plays...No one deserves to be injured.

Like we have stated on several occasions. We don't mind you having your own opinions. What we don't like is how you present it.

:rolleyes:

Believe me when I tell you that everyone knows we have problem in the DT position. But the problems most member have with the fab4 is:

- A) You guys contantly bring it up. When we are talking about the CB, ST, K you guys have to put jabs on William Joseph, Eli, Shockey and Burress. Why? We get it, you guys don't like these players! move on!...

-B ) You guys don't have realistic solutions to these so call problems. For example: Why sign for brees and pay him all that money, when we have other areas of concern? That doesn't make sense, does it? So you guys NEVER bring any realistic solution.

-C) Wishing and thanking for a player to get hurts is just plain classless. I don't care how bad someone plays...No one deserves to be injured.

Like we have stated on several occasions. We don't mind you having your own opinions. What we don't like is how you present it.

i would totally agree with that . its there presentation thats lacking. your right!

They alway sound too negative. I for one can be critical yet not negative.

the giants are my team and i always give them respect even if i am critical of them!

:rock:

Fuck the Fab 4. All they try to do is grab attention. I don't know how you can be a fan of a team and truly hate the players on it. My only team that happened with was the Knicks. I gaurantee that if Eli has a huge year next year you all will be on his cock. Same thing with the other players.

I know many of you are solid (giants) football fans.

We dont always agree with one another but there

is a very basic area of concern for me that the Giants

I hope will address.

The Defense Line in Football is critical to winning championships and

with clancy gone and the fact that we only have $4 mil remaining is a

major concern.

Many beleive that Joseph can play and play well.

Please !! the guy is inconsistant give me that at least !! he is !!!

Robins came in last year out of shape and he isnt blow away material either.

who know what he comes in at this year?

Kenderick Allen and Duckett are great subs but not starters at least

not from what i have seen. But they can fill the backup role.

So as you know we need a stud DT one who can grab a bunch of sacks

up the middle and also colapse the pocket. Getting a player in the draft

to fill the role of a stud aint gonna happen as you all say it takes time to

develope the DT's SO WHAT NOW !!

Our D line right now is great on the ends but mediocre in the middle and unless

we sure up the middle with a stud DT the offense's will continue to double team

Stray and Osi. Are we talkin super bowl giants here???

If we are then we can not live without a stud DT !!!

Its not looking very promising at the moment and dont sell this position short

by constantly talking about the secondary. The secondary means nothing if

we cant colapse the pocket and put pressure on the QB straight up the middle!

WHo is out there that we can sign???

comments!! :mellow:

Consider moving More over to LDT, the coaching staff was high on him until the injury. And what about robbins? has he gotten his weight down? last year in camp it seemed the TC was high on him over Jospeh until the end of camp. We do need DT's but IMO from interviews and arts that I have seen and read Moore will contribute this year. and If Robbins takes the offseason seriously he could potienitaly be better.

With 4 mil under the cap, can we get another big Name LB and DT and still have money to sign picks?

i say f arrington, draft and LB and pick up a DT like Lional Dalton or wrestle away a guy like Aubrayo Franklin...agian just my opinion.

Consider moving More over to LDT, the coaching staff was high on him until the injury. And what about robbins? has he gotten his weight down? last year in camp it seemed the TC was high on him over Jospeh until the end of camp. We do need DT's but IMO from interviews and arts that I have seen and read Moore will contribute this year. and If Robbins takes the offseason seriously he could potienitaly be better.

With 4 mil under the cap, can we get another big Name LB and DT and still have money to sign picks?

i say f arrington, draft and LB and pick up a DT like Lional Dalton or wrestle away a guy like Aubrayo Franklin...agian just my opinion.

i dont like arrington either!

lets draft the talent at LB Jonathan Vilma aint to shabby for the Jets !

Lets buy into a DT !!!

Here is a list of FA DT's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Pos. FA Type Ht. Wt. Exp. 2005 Team 2006 Team Grade Comment

Rocky Bernard DT UFA 6-3 293 4 Seahawks 75 Expert's Take

La'Roi Glover DT Released 6-2 282 10 Cowboys Rams 75 Expert's Take

Russell Davis DT UFA 6-4 306 7 Cardinals 74 Expert's Take

Ron Edwards DT UFA 6-3 320 5 Bills 73 Expert's Take

Larry Tripplett DT UFA 6-2 295 4 Colts Bills 73 Expert's Take

Maake Kemoeatu DT UFA 6-5 350 4 Ravens Panthers 72 Expert's Take

James Reed DT UFA 6-0 286 5 NY Jets 71 Expert's Take

Kimo von Oelhoffen DT UFA 6-4 299 12 Steelers 71 Expert's Take

Gerard Warren DT UFA 6-4 325 5 Broncos Broncos 71 Expert's Take

Sam Adams DT Released 6-4 335 12 Bills 70 Expert's Take

Brentson Buckner DT Released 6-2 310 12 Panthers 70 Expert's Take

Grady Jackson DT UFA 6-2 345 9 Packers 70 Expert's Take

Ted Washington DT Released 6-5 365 14 Raiders Browns 70 Expert's Take

Kindal Moorehead DT RFA 6-2 285 3 Panthers 69 Expert's Take

Lance Legree DT Released 6-1 300 5 NY Jets 67 Expert's Take

Langston Moore DT UFA 6-1 303 2 Cardinals 66 Expert's Take

Brandon Noble DT Released 6-2 305 6 Redskins 66 Expert's Take

Kendrick Clancy DT UFA 6-1 305 6 NY Giants Cardinals 65 Expert's Take

Justin Bannan DT UFA 6-3 305 4 Bills Ravens 64 Expert's Take

Lional Dalton DT UFA 6-1 315 8 Chiefs 64 Expert's Take

Player Pos. FA Type Ht. Wt. Exp. 2005 Team 2006 Team Grade Comment

Monsanto Pope DT UFA 6-3 300 4 Broncos 64 Expert's Take

Kenny Smith DT UFA 6-4 303 4 Raiders 64 Expert's Take

Josh Williams DT Released 6-3 285 6 Colts 64 Expert's Take

Terdell Sands DT RFA 6-7 335 3 Raiders 63 Expert's Take

Willie Blade DT Released 6-3 315 4 Cowboys 62 Expert's Take

Ross Kolodziej DT UFA 6-3 292 4 Cardinals 62 Expert's Take

Rob Meier DT UFA 6-5 293 6 Jaguars 62 Expert's Take

Chris Cooper DT Released 6-5 285 5 49ers 61 Expert's Take

Kenderick Allen DT RFA 6-6 315 3 NY Giants 60 Expert's Take

Aubrayo Franklin DT RFA 6-1 320 3 Ravens 60 Expert's Take

Cedric Killings DT UFA 6-2 310 3 Redskins 59 Expert's Take

Antwan Lake DT RFA 6-4 308 4 Falcons 59 Expert's Take

Josh Shaw DT UFA 6-2 290 3 Dolphins 58 Expert's Take

I agree, the DT position might be the most important position on the defense other than MLB. I don't really agree we need someone at DT to get sacks, but a hole plugger who can stuff the run is esential. Joseph showed some promise before getting injured last year, he needs to improve on that, I don't think we can afford to go get a FA DT when we need immediate help in other areas, but in the draft I'd like us to get a solid DT who can get significant playing time and make at least a small impact right away.

I agree, the DT position might be the most important position on the defense other than MLB. I don't really agree we need someone at DT to get sacks, but a hole plugger who can stuff the run is esential. Joseph showed some promise before getting injured last year, he needs to improve on that, I don't think we can afford to go get a FA DT when we need immediate help in other areas, but in the draft I'd like us to get a solid DT who can get significant playing time and make at least a small impact right away.

"hole plugger" is absolutely correct. We must solidify our run defense... :flex:

Robbins (when he was in shape) was a pretty good pass rusher from the inside but wasn't really strong against the run, I don't think that moving Moore inside would be a solution as he lacks the heft to take on double teams & has always been projected to be an edge rusher as opposed to an interior defender.

IMO, the solution to this "problem" (if there really is one) will not come at the expense of a high priced FA.... Clancy really didn't cost us an arm & a leg but was more than adequate when called upon. The Giants will either sign a mid-price FA DT or draft one on the first day of the draft.