SportsWrath

Giants Sign CB R.W. McQuarters and S Quentin Harris; Re-Sign RB/PR Chad Morton and QB Tim Hasselbeck

Money

We gave Tyree a one-year tener, since he was an RFA, he may get an extension this year tough.

?? What does that nesessarily mean? Is it like an insentive contract like Ty Law got last year?

?? What does that nesessarily mean? Is it like an insentive contract like Ty Law got last year?

I think it means that if he accepts we have him, but if another team beats the offer, we have to match it, if we don't we get picks for him.

lol my thread that gave the whole article got deleted

xxi-xxv Posted Today, 10:22 PM

Morton

Priority #1 check

Priority #2 Whitfield

Priority #3 Tyree

1 down 2 to go!

I think Tyree is by far priority #1. We could survive without Morton and Whit, but not without Tyree(See Vikings Game)

Special teams gunner to go with Tyree (who we better sign long-term).

Get Lavar and a DT and I'll be happy.

I don't think Harris was gunner on the Cards punt team. He played on all special units, but he doesn't have the speed to be an effective gunner...

lol my thread that gave the whole article got deleted

I think Tyree is by far priority #1. We could survive without Morton and Whit, but not without Tyree(See Vikings Game)

Your thread was deleted for two reasons. First, it was reporting already-reported news, and secondly posting the full article is frowned upon because of copyright laws ... next time just post a link...

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that article is wrong. Morton deal fell through, that's why we signed McQuarters.

This is the second publication to report Morton signed (Star Ledger also reported it Sunday Night), so I think its probably right...

I don't think Harris was gunner on the Cards punt team. He played on all special units, but he doesn't have the speed to be an effective gunner...

Yeah I misused the word gunner, as he is slow ad molasses, but he was their special teams ace.

Morton will lead the NFL in KR and PR avg. and KR and PR TDs. :P Willie Ponder was a product of a good special teams blocking scheme. Morton has more talent than Ponder. Having him completely healthy and with the Giants for a full offseason...he'll be exciting...Punt returns will be fun to watch instead of painful.

Wondering do these moves show us that we are going to take an LB in the first????

Seems to be an agrument as to which LB to take 1st round. I seem argumnets for Sims..

IMO he's a little undersized...

and he has had a few concussions...

Wondering do these moves show us that we are going to take an LB in the first????

Seems to be an agrument as to which LB to take 1st round. I seem argumnets for Sims..

IMO he's a little undersized...

and he has had a few concussions...

I would hope that we'd go with LB in the first given the depth in the position in this year's draft. I'd also hope to see a FA linebacker signed as well.

Guest Nutty Sack

Very disappointing......... I dread to think what we would have done if the cap increase wasn't approved. Purchase some kicking tees ??

Thanks for the reply gmenroc.

I'd say we are certainly looking at DT and LB in the draft. CB and Safety seem to have been adderssed using FA.

That gives us Madison, Webster, Delotch, Walker, McQuarters and maybe Peterson at CB.

Wilson, Harris and Butler at Safety. Top 3 picks go on LB's and a DT plus later rounds for another Safety and a CB if needed.

Thanks for the reply gmenroc.

I'd say we are certainly looking at DT and LB in the draft. CB and Safety seem to have been adderssed using FA.

That gives us Madison, Webster, Delotch, Walker, McQuarters and maybe Peterson at CB.

Wilson, Harris and Butler at Safety. Top 3 picks go on LB's and a DT plus later rounds for another Safety and a CB if needed.

You could probably find it in a number of my other posts in other threads, but my top 4 picks are LB, DT, CB, and WR, in that order. Although, with the recent signings of Madison and McQuarters, I'm beginning to think that 3rd rounder might be better spent on a safety. I'd rather see us sign one of the better FA safeties prior to draft day and use that 3rd rounder at CB as I planned originally, but if we don't get a FA safety, than that 3rd rounder becomes a Safety.