SportsWrath

I'm officially in favor of bringing DT Rocky Bernard in

Barens

I know some of you guys are against signing Bernard, but I'm starting to prefer spending money on an active, relatively young and healthy DT than to spend a large sum of money on LB Lavaar Arrington. We certainly need to fill another roster spot at DT after losing Clancy, and IMO, Bernard would be a nice addition, and maybe an improvement.

Bernard recorded 8.5 sacks last year during the regular season, and 2 more during the post season, all the while helping Seattle defense to become the 5th stingiest rush defense in the league.

And quite frankly, with this year being one of the deeper drafts in quite some time at the LB position, I'd be comfortable spending money on a DT, drafting 2 or 3 LB's, and if we have some money left, maybe take a stab at Nick Greison if he's still not a hot commodity.

I know some of you guys are against signing Bernard, but I'm starting to prefer spending money on an active, relatively young and healthy DT than to spend a large sum of money on LB Lavaar Arrington. We certainly need to fill another roster spot at DT after losing Clancy, and IMO, Bernard would be a nice addition, and maybe an improvement.

Bernard recorded 8.5 sacks last year during the regular season, and 2 more during the post season, all the while helping Seattle defense to become the 5th stingiest rush defense in the league.

And quite frankly, with this year being one of the deeper drafts in quite some time at the LB position, I'd be comfortable spending money on a DT, drafting 2 or 3 LB's, and if we have some money left, maybe take a stab at Nick Greison if he's still not a hot commodity.

Not to mention he played against the Cards, 49ers, and Rams twice. i don't think he's worth it.

Guest Nutty Sack
Not to mention he played against the Cards, 49ers, and Rams twice. i don't think he's worth it.

He appears to be the best DT available. I agree with Baren 100 %. We need to sign him.

Guest nosebleed

The Giants need quality, Ernie forget about the malcontent linebacker, focus on Rocky.

Guest nosebleed
Nem, he also recorded 2 sacks against Carolina. How did our DT's do against them?

Since you ask that question, refer to the playoff game when the piece of Haitian trash was thrown around like a baby seal. He play was so bad, it was comical.

Since you ask that question, refer to the playoff game when the piece of Haitian trash was thrown around like a baby seal. He play was so bad, it was comical.

Please tell me in which play was Joseph 'thrown around like a baby seal.'

considering what some of the other DT's got...Bernard is going to want atleast what they got and he is not worth it...

considering what some of the other DT's got...Bernard is going to want atleast what they got and he is not worth it...

What did the other DT's get? And what did Will Witherspoon get? You don't think Arrington's going to want a pretty penny?

Please tell me in which play was Joseph 'thrown around like a baby seal.'

Obviously, this thread was in no way meant to downplay the importance of Joseph, and I think it would quite exciting to have a line consisting of Strahan, Joseph, Bernard and Osi, with Tuck, Robbins, and Allen behind them.

Arrington, to me, is just to big of a risk to throw so much money at. At least with Bernard, I think we'd get a solid player.

Gerard Warren got a 6-year deal worth $36 million. Kemoeatu signed a 5-year deal worth $27 million. Bernard will get more money than either of these guys, and based on that I would steer clear of him.

People are making him out to be another Rod Coleman. He's not.

Imagine if we outbidded the Falcons for Rod Coleman?

Osi, William, Rod, Michael.

And to think many reports claimed that he was a Giant, a few hours after we signed Emmons. And I was content with Emmons at the time :TD:

They are trying to set up meetings with Bernard, Adams, and Jackson.

Jackson intrigues me as a stop-gap. He played under Wauffle, but the big question is is he in shape? There is a very strong chance he isn't...

Jackson intrigues me as a stop-gap. He played under Wauffle, but the big question is is he in shape? There is a very strong chance he isn't...

I doubt he is either, but not many guys of his size are. I'd prefer a run-stopper like him as opposed to a pass-rusher like Benard. I miss Norman Hand!

Gerard Warren got a 6-year deal worth $36 million. Kemoeatu signed a 5-year deal worth $27 million. Bernard will get more money than either of these guys, and based on that I would steer clear of him.

Maybe so, and it appears the Falcons got a hell of a deal with Colemen, but I'd rather overpay a solid player like Bernard than really overpay a guy like Arrington. You can bet he'll be looking for a contract bigger than Will Witherspoon's. Unfortunetely, after the increase in the salary cap, players like Bernard will be looking for large contracts, but if the demand isn't as great, I sure hope we can get him.

I think it would be a big improvement to our defensive line rotation.

I dunno ... the Redskins are starting to run out of money ;)