SportsWrath

William Joseph

Money

Guest Floyd The Barber
Thank you "money" for taking the time to provide these stats !!!

But I'm sorry these stats mean very little.

When you look at it closely you find that when joseph wasnt playing the Defense

had .3 less sacks

2.5 more points allowed

10 yds more passing yds allowed

8 yd more rushing

and 20 total yds more.

These are not big delta's im sorry !

Gezz 10 yds more passing is one pass !!! 8 yds more rushing is a D players missing

one tackle. 2.5 more points allowed is a 55 yd FG !! Joseph in my opinion was not

responsible for these numbers but more to due with players being injured on D.

Are we saying that Joseph will make the play to stop the running back for

getting the extra 8 yds more rushing?

I dont hate Joseph but also know that we need and A player on the D line to support

our 2 best D players in Stray and Osi. Robbins , Clancy, Joseph, Duckett and Allen

are all B and C+ players none of these guys are A players and in order to create

havoic on the QB we need and upgrade here. Otherwise teams will continue to

double the DE"s!!!

Getting a great CB is not gonna change that!!

well put yet again !!! the FAB 4 has been saying this for 3 seasons now...we are in desparate need of a dominant DT !!! just look back to the days of Keith...we had a few seasons with suspect LB corps but there was one constant...the middle of the D-Line, anchored by Keith...this position is the single difference maker on defense for our unit this season, and adding a CB and a new set of LB's wont change that until a player is added up front !!!

well put yet again !!! the FAB 4 has been saying this for 3 seasons now...we are in desparate need of a dominant DT !!! just look back to the days of Keith...we had a few seasons with suspect LB corps but there was one constant...the middle of the D-Line, anchored by Keith...this position is the single difference maker on defense for our unit this season, and adding a CB and a new set of LB's wont change that until a player is added up front !!!

very critical indeed !!! i hope the FO pulls the trigger on this !!!

did you attend training camp in Albany ?? do you understand the politics of football ?? i did attend, and i udnerstand fully...

Joseph was manhandled the entire camp 2005...if it wasnt for Fred Robbins reporting in some of the worst shape of his life, Joseph would of been an afterthougth...he was pushed around i clearly remembered by NYJ 3rd team Offensive linemen...when in team drills he wouldnt even move...even Robbins in poor shape played better, but TC had a huge hard on for him...

Joseph did not "win" the job, it was handed to him by default...if we sign a DT, someone proven, or draft a few young studs, they will prove just had bad this guy is this pre-season...hes at the end of his rope and has been earning his check off the sweat of the next mans back...

Amazing. Sorry guys, but lets look back.

http://www.nyg-fans.com/showthread.php?t=5...ght=joseph+camp

http://www.nyg-fans.com/showthread.php?t=5...ght=joseph+camp

http://www.nyg-fans.com/showthread.php?t=6...ght=joseph+camp

There was nothing wrong with Joseph last year when he played. His position is not a concern as long as he's healthy. Clancy's is. I love how guys beat up on a guy who played his best year last year, but give a pass to guys like Robbins who turned up into camp in bad shape and lost his spot.

But then again, William Joseph is out of Miami. And we know who doesn't like Miami guys, don't we?

that is correct...i hate anyone who hinders the performance of my NYG's team in general...they do not need to pull his fat ass anymore...they will improve and all you suckers will be shocked
The only SUCKERS" on this board are Lockhart, NuttySack and You. Your 3somes would be bestsellers on gay web sites. :LMAO::clap:

Thank you "money" for taking the time to provide these stats !!!

But I'm sorry these stats mean very little.

When you look at it closely you find that when joseph wasnt playing the Defense

had .3 less sacks

2.5 more points allowed

10 yds more passing yds allowed

8 yd more rushing

and 20 total yds more.

These are not big delta's im sorry !

Gezz 10 yds more passing is one pass !!! 8 yds more rushing is a D players missing

one tackle. 2.5 more points allowed is a 55 yd FG !! Joseph in my opinion was not

responsible for these numbers but more to due with players being injured on D.

Are we saying that Joseph will make the play to stop the running back for

getting the extra 8 yds more rushing?

I dont hate Joseph but also know that we need and A player on the D line to support

our 2 best D players in Stray and Osi. Robbins , Clancy, Joseph, Duckett and Allen

are all B and C+ players none of these guys are A players and in order to create

havoic on the QB we need and upgrade here. Otherwise teams will continue to

double the DE"s!!!

Getting a great CB is not gonna change that!!

20 yards separates the best defense in the league (Tampa) from the 9th ranked defense in the league (Washington).

20 yards is the difference between the 12th ranked defense (Jets) and the 25th ranked defense (Kansas City)

20 yards could be the difference between holding a team to FG instead of TD on one possession. Or stopping a drive at midfield rather than allowing a team to get into FG range. 20 less yards per game could easily equate to 2-4 less points per game...

That is a much bigger differential than you realize.

20 yards separates the best defense in the league (Tampa) from the 9th ranked defense in the league (Washington).

20 yards is the difference between the 12th ranked defense (Jets) and the 25th ranked defense (Kansas City)

20 yards could be the difference between holding a team to FG instead of TD on one possession. Or stopping a drive at midfield rather than allowing a team to get into FG range. 20 less yards per game could easily equate to 2-4 less points per game...

For a moment forget stats. Do think the Giants have the personnel at DT that

compliments Stray and OSi? or would you upgrade if you could.

and by upgrade i'm taking FA

Correct! Football is a game of inchs :TU:

For a moment forget stats. Do think the Giants have the personnel at DT that

compliments Stray and OSi? or would you upgrade if you could.

and by upgrade i'm taking FA

I think we are one player away from having the best DL in football. A skilled under tackle, and we are set.

Guest Lockhart
Recently there has been a lot of negative sentiment directed towards William Joseph, with posters suggesting his performance in 2005 was problematic and that he needs to be replaced. So I decided to investigate this issue and provide a detailed examination of the Giants defensive performance with and without Joseph in 2005. Here are the results of my research...

Games With William Joseph

Arizona

@New Orleans

@San Diego

St. Louis

@Dallas

Denver

Washington

@San Francisco

Minnesota

Key Statistics

n = 9

Points Allowed Per Game: 18.6

Yards Allowed Per Game: 319.0

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 114.0

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 205.0

Sacks Per Game: 2.6

Games Without William Joseph

Philadelphia

@Seattle

Dallas

@Philadelphia

Kansas City

@Washingtion

@Oakland

Key Statistics

n = 7

Points Allowed Per Game: 21.0

Yards Allowed Per Game: 338.4

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 122.6

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 215.8

Sacks Per Game: 2.3

Conclusion

As the statistics indicate, the defense experienced a significant decline in production after Joseph was sidelined due to injury. By any objective measure, Joseph was a strong contributor to the defense when he was healthy, as evidenced by the drop-off in defensive output after he was injured. Therefore, those of you who suggest that Joseph was part of problem instead of being part of the solution are simply off base ... the defense performed better when he was in the line-up. Suffice to say, the methods employed by anyone who discredits William Joseph's play in 2005 are about as useful for evaluating defensive players as forks are for eating soup.

Discuss.

Analysis is greatly flawed, ignoring the quality of opponents and the LB injuries. Fact is Joseph is a first round bust. He is no more than a "Ron Dayne" to the Giants never showing first round ability. If Clancey is signed, Joseph should be immediately released - he is fat, slow and always hurt. time to replace Joseph and the guy that keeps picking these first round busts.

Recently there has been a lot of negative sentiment directed towards William Joseph, with posters suggesting his performance in 2005 was problematic and that he needs to be replaced. So I decided to investigate this issue and provide a detailed examination of the Giants defensive performance with and without Joseph in 2005. Here are the results of my research...

Games With William Joseph

Arizona

@New Orleans

@San Diego

St. Louis

@Dallas

Denver

Washington

@San Francisco

Minnesota

Key Statistics

n = 9

Points Allowed Per Game: 18.6

Yards Allowed Per Game: 319.0

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 114.0

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 205.0

Sacks Per Game: 2.6

Philadelphia

@Seattle

Dallas

@Philadelphia

Kansas City

@Washingtion

@Oakland

Key Statistics

n = 7

Points Allowed Per Game: 21.0

Yards Allowed Per Game: 338.4

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 122.6

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 215.8

Sacks Per Game: 2.3

Conclusion

As the statistics indicate, the defense experienced a significant decline in production after Joseph was sidelined due to injury. By any objective measure, Joseph was a strong contributor to the defense when he was healthy, as evidenced by the drop-off in defensive output after he was injured. Therefore, those of you who suggest that Joseph was part of problem instead of being part of the solution are simply off base ... the defense performed better when he was in the line-up. Suffice to say, the methods employed by anyone who discredits William Joseph's play in 2005 are about as useful for evaluating defensive players as forks are for eating soup.

Discuss.

Philadelphia

@Seattle

Dallas

@Philadelphia

Kansas City

@Washingtion

@Oakland

out of these games we only lost two.... andone we should've won.... I don't care for him "too much"

I still dont think those stats are a reflection of Joseph.

Lets buy a stud DT that can colapse the pocket and

have Osi and Stray clean up !!!

let the other DT's fight it out for the other starting position.

:rock:

Guest Nutty Sack
I still dont think those stats are a reflection of Joseph.

Lets buy a stud DT that can colapse the pocket and

have Osi and Stray clean up !!!

let the other DT's fight it out for the other starting position.

:rock:

Why does it seem so simple for us outsiders. With this one little fix our defense will be 98% there.

Players are an investment, so we've spent a lot on Willie Joe already. Rather than cry about him (as some of this Mb does about a number of our players), we should focus on Willie Joe's improved play between this past year and the two previous one's.

I'd rather have him mature than have him pull a Cornelius Griffin and just stagnate.

Pay attention to the progress, the rotation of personnel, and then you'll see some of the variables affecting our play in the DL.

I wouldn't buy a WIllie Joe jersey or anything, but investments mature over time, like Tiki Barber for example

Guest Lockhart
Players are an investment, so we've spent a lot on Willie Joe already. Rather than cry about him (as some of this Mb does about a number of our players), we should focus on Willie Joe's improved play between this past year and the two previous one's.

I'd rather have him mature than have him pull a Cornelius Griffin and just stagnate.

Pay attention to the progress, the rotation of personnel, and then you'll see some of the variables affecting our play in the DL.

I wouldn't buy a WIllie Joe jersey or anything, but investments mature over time, like Tiki Barber for example

.....how about the Ron Dayne investment? the Giants have seen enough of Blubber Boy - time to get a DT that plays hard, and isn't always on the sidelines. Sign Clncey, dump the "Horrible Haitian"!

Guest Floyd The Barber
.....how about the Ron Dayne investment? the Giants have seen enough of Blubber Boy - time to get a DT that plays hard, and isn't always on the sidelines. Sign Clncey, dump the "Horrible Haitian"!

they are the ones that are still chanting that Dayne needs some time and the correct system to perform !!!

William Jospeh is ok in my opinion...he had some big games, and then he will tale off a little then have a another good game.

So in other words he is a little inconsistent. And he is ALWAYS hurt, ALWAYS.

but he proved that he can be a starting DT in the NFL with his performance at times. He is a really big big guy who is very athletic at the same time. So he has some upside in him still, and should be a starter this upcoming year.

I don't think Joseph has fulfilled my expectations but by no means would I consider him a bust. I'm encouraged by the progress he made last season and if he continues to improve we'll be fine. He's better at rushing the passer than I thought he'd be, even at this stage of his career. However I'd like to see him anchor versus the run better. I will say that he seems to have shaken off some of the laziness he showed earlier in his career. We're definitely a better team with him in the lineup than we are without.

For a #1 draft pick he's a disappointment at best. Right now he's a good rotation guy and a pretty decent DT. Again....very disappointing for a 1st rounder. We need to address the position through the draft, but will now have to look in FA as well to replace Clancy.

Guest Nutty Sack

If the masses need to debate ad nauseum the worth of a player than he's no good bottom line. This guy is taking up valuable roster space and must be jetisoned from the roster. Let's get a DT from FA's !!!!

The most glaring fact is that he missed 44% of the games played. I would be surprised if he has played more than 10 games in a season yet. Let him come in shape and stay healthy and see what he can do.

Are you using that stat as an argument for him, or against him? :confused: