SportsWrath

Brandon Scherff

Sephiroth

Every highlight reel I see of this guy has the same thing. "Watch this guy pull and totally bulldoze a guy 200 lbs less than him!" Also, "look at him late hit all these guys!"

Very little film countering speed rushers, and his feet look very slow. Might be a very good guard but I don't see him as a tackle.

Yeah I think he'd make a great guard. I"m not sure you take a guard with the #9 pick though.

You don't. But any highlight video, a third of which is slow motion of weights, face close ups, lacking in actual game film...is automatically dismissable as far as I'm concerned.

Draft seems to be very deep with linebackers.....could it be that the Giants finally draft a linebacker in the 1st round? If they switch to an aggressive scheme, would love to see what they could do with Kennard and a 1st rounder bookend.

Draft seems to be very deep with linebackers.....could it be that the Giants finally draft a linebacker in the 1st round? If they switch to an aggressive scheme, would love to see what they could do with Kennard and a 1st rounder bookend.

I think with the uncertainty around JPP, Kiwi's likely departure, and Moore's slower than expected development...defensive line is more likely the way to go in the first. That said though, there are two DEs in the draft that I've seen are hovering around 240 lbs...which I think is a little light, especially if we're looking to improve against the run. Size-wise, which is all I've looked at thus far - and that only briefly, I'd be more excited with Dupree out of Kentucky at this point...

EDIT:

To be clear, Randy Gregory at 6'6 and 245 lbs -- height could allow offense to get leverage and weight doesn't seem adequate to hold the point. Speed could allow for these deficiencies now...but down the road he'd have to put on weight.

Shane Ray, at 6'3 and 245 lbs doesn't have the height disadvantage, but again, unless he adds 15 lbs and strength, I see him too, getting pushed off the ball.

If either guy could play LBer, which I don't fully know, I think their size/speed is more suited there.

But if the draft is deep with LBs, why would want to draft one in the 1st round?

I do agree that we NEED a DE opposite of JPP (he's staying)... I'm only ticked off I didn't get to see more of Bromely next to Hankin out there during the season.

Sounded like Mara wanted to focus on oline. I think they could go pass rusher too. LB's in this draft are not very good and their is not one worth taking at 9, unless want to consider some of the undersized edge rushers like Beasley a WLB

Yeah, that isn't exactly flattering

I am an Iowa Alum....he gets used by speed rushers....but in his defense, he had his knee scoped the third game of the year and didnt miss a snap....in fact he practiced the day after surgery. Film from last year would be a better indicator of his talent at tackle.

That being said....he is not a pro level left tackle 1st round pick....... But he is a red ass, plays mean, and does not back down from anyone. I would not be surprised if he is at least a Pro Bowl guard in the next couple of years. He is a very agile dude for his size.

C> wagon

I am an Iowa Alum....he gets used by speed rushers....but in his defense, he had his knee scoped the third game of the year and didnt miss a snap....in fact he practiced the day after surgery. Film from last year would be a better indicator of his talent at tackle.

That being said....he is not a pro level left tackle 1st round pick....... But he is a red ass, plays mean, and does not back down from anyone. I would not be surprised if he is at least a Pro Bowl guard in the next couple of years. He is a very agile dude for his size.

C> wagon

If he's a guard, I'd use our 2nd rounder on him...no way I'm using #9 overall on a guy who I think may or may not play tackle. We'll see what evaluators and combine do to his stock.

I see us going DL in the 1st and OL in the 2nd.

But again.. BPA.

That'd be my hope...but if we resign JPP...I could easily see going WR-OL-DL to hedge against Cruz's injury. Then again, with a "new" DC, they might give him the first rounder in the same way McAdoo got it last year.

I see us going DL in the 1st and OL in the 2nd.

But again.. BPA.

Really, really, really, really hope that if they look to address the Front 7 they focus on linebacker.

I love to watch a 4 man pass rush, but the middle of the field has been a fucking picnic area for opposing offenses for years.

Get me another linebacker like Kennard, with decent wheels but also the ability to shock a running back.....would take that in a heartbeat over anything else defensively.

Really, really, really, really hope that if they look to address the Front 7 they focus on linebacker.

I love to watch a 4 man pass rush, but the middle of the field has been a fucking picnic area for opposing offenses for years.

Get me another linebacker like Kennard, with decent wheels but also the ability to shock a running back.....would take that in a heartbeat over anything else defensively.

So wait... are linebackers allowed to go after the quarterback too? I emailed Jerry Reese about this but he never got back to me.

When was the last offensive lineman from Iowa who lived up to the expectations?

Robert Gallery? Nope

Brian Bulaga? No

Reilly Reiff? Nope

I want Andrus Peat from Stanford

I was about to post that as well. If we go o-line with our first pick that's who I want.

But I'm always happy with who we draft, to me it's just like extra players.