SportsWrath

Top few picks

Virginia Giant

For the record, I'd be totally cool trading down and getting an extra #1 next year... taking Nelson or Barkley... again, you can package those two picks in the future to move into the top-5 and hopefully get one of next year's QBs if you don't like any of these guys. If you think one of these guys has "it" though, you go draft him.

They were a playoff caliber team, an up and coming team that went 8-8 and 10-6 respectively then, not 3-13 now.

2018 is more like 2004, where we were coming off a disastrous year and drafted in the top 5. How many people had us winning the super bowl in 2004?

3-13 was an aberration not a culmination, you will see.

It isn't often a team comes to a point where their franchise qb is at the end of his career and they have the 2nd overall pick with a couple worthy replacements available.

Minnesota, who had three starting caliber qbs, gave a better than average qb crazy money.

25 to 30 years of solid to great qb play from two players, that's what we're looking at.

It isn't often a team comes to a point where their franchise qb is at the end of his career and they have the 2nd overall pick with a couple worthy replacements available.

Minnesota, who had three starting caliber qbs, gave a better than average qb crazy money.

25 to 30 years of solid to great qb play from two players, that's what we're looking at.

that would be wonderful...

3-13 was an aberration not a culmination, you will see.

Maybe so...but what I worry about it putting all of our cards in one or two seasons (i.e. "win now") and not planning well for the future. Darnold is planning well for the future, Barkley or Nelson is "win now."

Maybe so...but what I worry about it putting all of our cards in one or two seasons (i.e. "win now") and not planning well for the future. Darnold is planning well for the future, Barkley or Nelson is "win now."

Agreed.

If it's feasible, I'd much rather have the "Favre to Rodgers" handoff instead of the "Marino to... uh... whoever eventually replaces Marino" one.

Exactly look at Arizona they knew they'd have to replace Palmer and either were just good enough to miss out on a good QB or just flat out refused to get one. Now they have Bradford and Glennon with nobody young behind them. I don't want to settle for Sam Bradford in two years

Barkley and Nelson are win now and future...

Agreed.

If it's feasible, I'd much rather have the "Favre to Rodgers" handoff instead of the "Marino to... uh... whoever eventually replaces Marino" one.

Yea it's called Manning to Webb thank you very much... :flex:

Webb.

He's not even as close of a prospect to Darnold.

You might be suffering from Jet's QB Draft Syndrome. The ill advised assumption that the QB drafted is going to be a good one purely because the team drafted him ("Obviously the Jet's know something about this guy that everyone else doesn't.")

Regarding Webb, he might be great one day, but not one person on the giants coaching staff or the gm have even seen him practice substantially. Passing up the opportunity to draft a qb second overall in favor of a third round pick yet to take a snap is a big risk.

Regarding Webb, he might be great one day, but not one person on the giants coaching staff or the gm have even seen him practice substantially. Passing up the opportunity to draft a qb second overall in favor of a third round pick yet to take a snap is a big risk.

Or....is it...

cropped-espn_bartstarr_001.jpg

34635395370_f2b06f69d2_b.jpg

6674fc2fa0cadd7d542065072591bf16.jpg

kurt-warner-image.jpg

fran-tarkenton.jpg

Warren_Moon__public_domain_.jpg

seahawks-russell-wilson-injury-update-je

51bd3a94f159869878d7fbe7a0d6d794.jpg

brett-favre-falcons-excerpt.jpg?itok=eey

img_0377.jpg

....I'm just fucking with you.....but they should have kicked the tires on Webb last year...Fuck Adoo might possibly the worse coach in Giants history if he had been given more time.

C. Wagon

this. Rolling the dice on Webb is crazy.

But I'm not convinced that any of these QB prospects is 2nd overall material. They're all either developmental (Darnold, Allen), injury prone (Rosen), developmentally challenged (Jackson), or vertically challenged (Mayfield). None of them checks all the boxes. Except Rosen if you can somehow talk yourself out of his injury rep.

It doesn't make a difference that Webb never got a real opportunity last season. If he going to be the next QB for the NY Giants, he might have to beat out a prospect everyone else considered better.

I can only imagine an offense with Beckham, Shepard, Engram, and Barkley. It is just too good to be true.

Or....is it...

cropped-espn_bartstarr_001.jpg

34635395370_f2b06f69d2_b.jpg

6674fc2fa0cadd7d542065072591bf16.jpg

kurt-warner-image.jpg

fran-tarkenton.jpg

Warren_Moon__public_domain_.jpg

seahawks-russell-wilson-injury-update-je

51bd3a94f159869878d7fbe7a0d6d794.jpg

brett-favre-falcons-excerpt.jpg?itok=eey

img_0377.jpg

....I'm just fucking with you.....but they should have kicked the tires on Webb last year...Fuck Adoo might possibly the worse coach in Giants history if he had been given more time.

C. Wagon

Yeah, he should have played last season. If BM goes to Eli as the season unravels and says "He, at some point, if this continues, we're going to see what we have in Webb". The problem came when they ended the streak for fucking Geno and Webb wasn't even active.

Yeah, he should have played last season. If BM goes to Eli as the season unravels and says "He, at some point, if this continues, we're going to see what we have in Webb". The problem came when they ended the streak for fucking Geno and Webb wasn't even active.

This.

Why you'd want to end Eli's streak to "see what you have" in Geno Smith is mind-boggling. You had four years of game tape on him.

This.

Why you'd want to end Eli's streak to "see what you have" in Geno Smith is mind-boggling. You had four years of game tape on him.

Protection schemes are a major flaw in mcadoos offense. Rodgers mobility masked it in Green Bay and this dummy thought Genos mobility would make him an improvement over Eli. Its why we signed him so early in free agency last year and he honestly thought switching to geno could save his job lol

Agreed.....it is one of the most mind numbing decisions I have ever hard of....

They should have continued to start Eli...when games got out of hand....say...down 14 in the beginning of the 4th....you give Webb a couple reps.

It makes you wonder....what other damage did these idiots do...that hasn't come to the surface yet ...if this Romper Room shit is indicative of their decision making process.

C.W agon

He's not even as close of a prospect to Darnold.

You might be suffering from Jet's QB Draft Syndrome. The ill advised assumption that the QB drafted is going to be a good one purely because the team drafted him ("Obviously the Jet's know something about this guy that everyone else doesn't.")

My thing is this... Webb has college tape... and has been on the roster... his tape should be as good as any of the QBs available in the draft... His college stats were superb and his work ethic is phenomenal....

this. Rolling the dice on Webb is crazy.

But I'm not convinced that any of these QB prospects is 2nd overall material. They're all either developmental (Darnold, Allen), injury prone (Rosen), developmentally challenged (Jackson), or vertically challenged (Mayfield). None of them checks all the boxes. Except Rosen if you can somehow talk yourself out of his injury rep.

And this is what I'm getting at... none of the QBs in this draft is world class... more like blah...

It doesn't make a difference that Webb never got a real opportunity last season. If he going to be the next QB for the NY Giants, he might have to beat out a prospect everyone else considered better.

I can only imagine an offense with Beckham, Shepard, Engram, and Barkley. It is just too good to be true.

yea but not with the OL the way it is... Either way... we can't have em all... whether it's Nelson, Barkley or Chubb... we're going to land a very good one.

Barkley or Nelson would be a huge help in transitioning to a new QB...keeping in mind that Solder and eventually (hopefully) Beckham are locked up. The more I look at this, nobody has come out championing any of these QBs as sure things. I remember discussions of Eli and Ben, and Luck...sure things, can't miss, has everything you want and more. You don't hear that talk this year. Now, it's difficult to say whether talking heads just want to give themselves an out and not pigeon-hole themselves into a QB being good and end up being a bust...or if the real opinion out there is that these guys all have flaws.

Because of the number of sources, I have to believe that these QBs are not as good as Eli, Ben, Luck or several others probably coming out of college. And that's enough of a concern for me not to burn the #2 overall on one of them. You swing and miss on this one...and the new coach and GM are going to be under immense pressure. Do I think they'd be fired as a result? Well, no I don't...but that doesn't make the outside pressure lessen any.

For my money, I'm praying the Browns take Barkley at #1 given they'd be assured a QB at #4. We then would be in the driving seat to trade back to any team wanting to select the QB they want. Trading back is the ideal for me, though I'd ensure myself Chubb, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, or Nelson