SportsWrath

Texas Rangers News

Virginia Giant

I just drafted Hank Blalock for my fantasy team. What do you expect out of him?

he took a step back last year for some reason. He struggles against lefties but is a solid player, he kills righties. He should improve this year offensivly, 30 + HR's, 270 or so average and 100+ rbi's. He's solid defensivly.

It all depends on how he does against lefties, if he struggles again, he can be taken out of games by opposing coaches who bring in a lefty in the late innings.

Good news is he plays in Ameriquest, as I said it's a left handed batter haven.

he took a step back last year for some reason. He struggles against lefties but is a solid player, he kills righties. He should improve this year offensivly, 30 + HR's, 270 or so average and 100+ rbi's. He's solid defensivly.

It all depends on how he does against lefties, if he struggles again, he can be taken out of games by opposing coaches who bring in a lefty in the late innings.

Good news is he plays in Ameriquest, as I said it's a left handed batter haven.

I'll take that out of my first basemen any time. Especially where I got him, around the seventh round I believe.

Who did ya get?

Thome in the tenth. Considering I completely forgot about drafting first basemen, I guess that is pretty good. But he is coming off elbow surgery and a poor season. So I see potential in him and he very well could be one of the steals of the draft. However, I want to get a guy that I can rely on more.

• 3 weeks later...
Rangers got Jay Jay Blalock! VG, he's going to develop into an all star in a few years. I've seen him play with Lakewood many, many times and he's a gem. Great trade!

Yeah we;ve been really busy lately. We traded Dellucci for him and another pitcher. I hate losing Delluccie though, he was a class act and drew alot of walks. Actually, Jay Blalock is Hank's younger brother.

Yeah well, lota and lots of baseball left. I gotta do something about getting games, maybe I'll call DTV tommorrow.

Yeah not many games will be national from here on out. If you don't get Direct TV, you can always get MLB TV which is only $80 for the year.

Yeah not many games will be national from here on out. If you don't get Direct TV, you can always get MLB TV which is only $80 for the year.

I'be been considering that. I( just hate to watch the games on the computer. Are they good quality? I mean, does the coverage "stutter"? If I did that, I would have to transfer it from the PC to the big screen. But I would like to get DTV, Baseball AND Football. I'll call tommorrow and see whats up.

I'be been considering that. I( just hate to watch the games on the computer. Are they good quality? I mean, does the coverage "stutter"? If I did that, I would have to transfer it from the PC to the big screen. But I would like to get DTV, Baseball AND Football. I'll call tommorrow and see whats up.

I never watched one online, but I heard the quality was fine. I guess it depends on your connection. I'd definitely go with Direct TV if you could.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Rangers do seem like a better team the way they're putting all their hits together. It gives them an explosive line up, but I really don't see them keeping it up all season.

They're scoring 5, 6, 7 runs a night without hitting home runs for the most part, we lead the league in doubles right now.

My only concern is Eaton, if he comes back and gets into the groove relativly early our starting pitching will be fine, if he struggles alot, I don't see much consistant production out of the back end of the rotation.

All we gotta do is win the west, and the way the A's and Angels look, thats a very good posibility.

A's are going to turn it up. They are too talented not to turn things around. They need Frank Thomas to step it up though.

Frank has actually been pretty good, at least against us in the 4 games of the series. They have talent, but their pen sucks ass from what I saw of them.

BTW, We had a rookie named John Rheinecker in his second career start go 8 1/3 allowing 4 hits and 0 runs tonight. Dude was un freakin beleivable.