SportsWrath

10-step plan on how to fix the Giants

Nas

The next franchise QB is paramount.. we don't get to pick this high often... we're not the Jets or the Browns.... we need the new QB who will anchor the position for the next 15 years...

Agreed. That's why I say, we're rarely in a top 5 position...so if we think a potential franchise QB is available when we pick (assuming we're top 5), I think we have to jump at taking him.

The next franchise QB is paramount.. we don't get to pick this high often... we're not the Jets or the Browns.... we need the new QB who will anchor the position for the next 15 years...

But if we have that already? I think this team is in position for an immediate impact player

But if we have that already? I think this team is in position for an immediate impact player

I don't think we have enough of a sample size on Webb given he wasn't a first rounder... I think he's a Russell Wilson... however I want to cover the basis and take advantage of a bad situation. And if both Rook and Webb pan out, then we have an RG3/Cousins situation... a good problem to have. We can try to land a blockbuster LT in FA (if there's one)... and nothing says Flowers doesn't turn it around either... and our problems at OL are not just at LT... so when you fix the other positions and get an offensive mind who knows when and how to give a struggling LT some help, it will do wonders for your offense.

I don't think we have enough of a sample size on Webb given he wasn't a first rounder... I think he's a Russell Wilson... however I want to cover the basis and take advantage of a bad situation. And if both Rook and Webb pan out, then we have an RG3/Cousins situation... a good problem to have. We can try to land a blockbuster LT in FA (if there's one)... and nothing says Flowers doesn't turn it around either... and our problems at OL are not just at LT... so when you fix the other positions and get an offensive mind who knows when and how to give a struggling LT some help, it will do wonders for your offense.

Agree and Flowers has actually come around and theres nothing they can do with him until probably next draft. We wont find an upgrade from Flowers in free agency or the draft. Honestly theres not been good OTs taken since Tyron Smith in 2011, so drafting OT is a risk. Most called for Tunsil over Apple two years ago(including me) and hes struggled. IOL should be the focus its easier to find a guard than a OT

Man, if only the Browns had won that game. It would be great to trade back a spot with them and pick up their extra first rounder if we end up ahead of them in draft positioning.

Why would they trade up?

If we take Rosen then take Jackson, if we take Jackson they take Rosen.

It's kinda like the Colts/Redskins those years ago, with Luck and Robert The Three.

Agree and Flowers has actually come around and theres nothing they can do with him until probably next draft. We wont find an upgrade from Flowers in free agency or the draft. Honestly theres not been good OTs taken since Tyron Smith in 2011, so drafting OT is a risk. Most called for Tunsil over Apple two years ago(including me) and hes struggled. IOL should be the focus its easier to find a guard than a OT

Tyron Smith didn't just come into the league as a top tier OT, he worked his way to that level. I haven't given up on Ereck Flowers playing at the offensive tackle position. The decision on Flowers is up to the next general manager and head coach.

Why would they trade up?

If we take Rosen then take Jackson, if we take Jackson they take Rosen.

It's kinda like the Colts/Redskins those years ago, with Luck and Robert The Three.

Yeah that's true but front offices get weird about that stuff. Remember what we gave away to get Eli... and that was in a draft with Roethlisberger and Rivers.

Yeah that's true but front offices get weird about that stuff. Remember what we gave away to get Eli... and that was in a draft with Roethlisberger and Rivers.

that's true.

EA really wanted Eli though and he made no effort to hide it.

I guess it would depend on how much the Browns would want for their guy.

Nas- Yea I'd definitely like to see ODB get traded. He is gonna be the highest paid player in the league. We wont be able to afford anything after him. Same as every other team who has the most explosive highest paid player ever on it. NTM the fact he is a total head case. This was his third year and his immaturity has only gotten worse.

Trading him could make this draft the greatest of all time. You think the 9ers would give a first and second for him? I do. If not them, someone in the top 10 would.

The 2 situations are not comparable... with Eli, we more moving 3 spots... not 1.

Nas- Yea I'd definitely like to see ODB get traded. He is gonna be the highest paid player in the league. We wont be able to afford anything after him. Same as every other team who has the most explosive highest paid player ever on it. NTM the fact he is a total head case. This was his third year and his immaturity has only gotten worse.

Trading him could make this draft the greatest of all time. You think the 9ers would give a first and second for him? I do. If not them, someone in the top 10 would.

I don't see ODB as immature... Yes he displayed a few attention grabbing moves here and there but on the whole I think he'll be wiser with a more stable FO, Coaching, and Team leaders around him... I understand the money issue but Eli will be coming off the books in 2 years and I don't think any team would pay ODB more than they'd pay a franchise QB... We'll see how those things play out...

But if someone is willing to give up a 1st and a 2nd for him (which is highly unlikely), then why not...

I dont see how beckhams Immaturity has gotten worse. Two years ago he was head hunting, last year he has a month long love affair with a kicking net. This year...he has one bad td celebration?

He wont be the highest paid player in the nfl either. He will prob get a contract paying him 57-60 mil over the first three years.

The guy pretended to piss on Philly's field. I have never been so embarrassed watching a game in my entire life.

The president had just made a sweeping generalization that NFL players who were protesting were sons of bitches. I think he made a good point with the pissing demonstration.

By proving him right? At least as far as he is concerned?

I don't care what anyone says, if you think he is walking away from the table not the highest paid WR in leagues history, you are crazy. Hasn't even hit his prime yet. Welcome to salary cap hell.

The 2 situations are not comparable... with Eli, we more moving 3 spots... not 1.

Yeah but we wouldn't be asking for as much either. Two firsts for the top spot overall instead of two firsts, a third and a fifth.

Again, just talking out my ass here... I don't think the Browns are going to be worse than us.