SportsWrath

Giants linebackers looking to lead defense.

JMFP

Never saw or heard "Dude" as an insult.

Saw it as a statement of shock...as a response to the claim that Kennard could be the best LB we've had in ages. The player was drafted in the 5th round for a reason, and I have my doubts that his health was the only one.

Might he be a diamond in the rough, though? Sure. But he also might be a complete bust that never pans out. Fact is, none of us know. And that alone points to the 'best LB we've had in ages' comment as somewhat shocking.

whoa, easy with the insults and personal attacks there buddy.

Never saw or heard "Dude" as an insult.

Saw it as a statement of shock...as a response to the claim that Kennard could be the best LB we've had in ages. The player was drafted in the 5th round for a reason, and I have my doubts that his health was the only one.

Might he be a diamond in the rough, though? Sure. But he also might be a complete bust that never pans out. Fact is, none of us know. And that alone points to the 'best LB we've had in ages' comment as somewhat shocking.

Dude?

Ha....the next time your at a bar and an adult states an opinion that he's thought about and is serious, look at him with a childish stupid look and say, "dude" insinuating that you are some wise man seasoned with age and have all the answers to life like other 15 and 16 year olds. More than likely he'll smack you side the head for acting like an idiot - or, if he's mature, he'll tell you to grow up and walk away and realize there's an idiot at the bar. But then again, I sincerely doubt you'd have the balls to insult an adult without being hidden behind a computer screen. Lots of guys like to be disrespectful and rude to people when they are in the safety of their mother's house. They aren't so brazen and tough when the person they're insulting is face to face.

Sorry if you feel hurt by my calling you out, but I have never respected assholes who say "dude". You're not in 10th grade trying to sound cool to your buddies. Using it shows an unjustified superiority complex meant to lord your wisdom over the dumb and it only works up until you're about 16 and with friends who are just as stupid as you. Most people grow out of it once they leave high school, some don't. Regardless...I do not respect people who act like teens with an attitude once they are adults.

Ha....the next time your at a bar and an adult states an opinion that he's thought about and is serious, look at him with a childish stupid look and say, "dude" insinuating that you are some wise man seasoned with age and have all the answers to life like other 15 and 16 year olds. More than likely he'll smack you side the head for acting like an idiot - or, if he's mature, he'll tell you to grow up and walk away and realize there's an idiot at the bar. But then again, I sincerely doubt you'd have the balls to insult an adult without being hidden behind a computer screen. Lots of guys like to be disrespectful and rude to people when they are in the safety of their mother's house. They aren't so brazen and tough when the person they're insulting is face to face.

Sorry if you feel hurt by my calling you out, but I have never respected assholes who say "dude". You're not in 10th grade trying to sound cool to your buddies. Using it shows an unjustified superiority complex meant to lord your wisdom over the dumb and it only works up until you're about 16 and with friends who are just as stupid as you. Most people grow out of it once they leave high school, some don't. Regardless...I do not respect people who act like teens with an attitude once they are adults.

Settle down dude, it's the internet.

Next time someone says something to you on the internet and you feel the need to defend yourself on an internet forum, take a good long look in a mirror and reevaluate your life.

You're taken it just a bit to seriously.

Settle down dude, it's the internet.

Next time someone says something to you on the internet and you feel the need to defend yourself on an internet forum, take a good long look in a mirror and reevaluate your life.

You're taken it just a bit to seriously.

It's always bothered me to hear someone say "dude". I'm not one of these guys who bends over laughing at teenage movies where kids say dude and I've never thought it was funny, witty, or a sign of intelligence when someone uses it - especially adults. It's a demeaning term used to exert a false sense of superiority. If you roll over laughing when you see it in a movie, then more power to you. We are different there. I see it only as stupid and demeaning. At 61 years old, I don't have to listen to a 30 year old man call me dude like we are in high school. I didn't even think it was funny in high school. However, if it is something that really makes you laugh and gives you a a feeling of false superiority and strokes an ego...then by all means, go out there and say it. I'm sure you'll be the hit of the party....especially if you are 12 or 13.

I remember seeing a large black cop in Philadelphia approach a white teenager who was skipping school, sitting on a bench on the sidewalk smoking a cigarette. The cop asked him why he wasn't in school and the kid said, "whatever I want dude" and the cop slapped the kid side the head and knocked him out off the bench. The kid started crying and sued the police department. The cop was put on paid leave until the trial was over and once the judge heard the arguments, dismissed the case. I can empathize with the cop, but I can't empathize with the kid. The kid was an asshole and was disrespectful.

Shit dude, we talking 'bout linebackers here. Bleedin' you're just fuckin' with PDub, right? Because we've all known each other way too long to get our britches all twisted at silly stuff like this. I mean, you KNOW PDub is good people, right? Have a drink, man, this stuff shouldn't evoke that kind of reaction.

Shit dude, we talking 'bout linebackers here. Bleedin' you're just fuckin' with PDub, right? Because we've all known each other way too long to get our britches all twisted at silly stuff like this. I mean, you KNOW PDub is good people, right? Have a drink, man, this stuff shouldn't evoke that kind of reaction.

Pdub and I have gotten together and shared a drink in downtown Binghamton. We got along fabulously until about a year ago when he told of a story of a man from Binghamton who decided he didn't want to work anymore and chose to live behind garbage cans in and around the city and he told funny stories in exchange for drinks. I did not admire the man and having run a homeless shelter in Binghamton for several years, I have a lot of emotional attachment to the homeless situation and there is nothing funny or admirable about it in my opinion. In fact, it's a touchy subject with me because I have a passion to help the homeless...at least the ones who are homeless because of things beyond their control. Regardless, this really pissed off pdub and ever since that disagreement, he has harassed me by fact checking everything I say or do and just acting pissy and purposely being a thorn in my side. He was obviously offended that I didn't share his feelings about the homeless. I even offered to take him downtown under the bridges to meet some of these guys who he thinks are funny and admirable. I believe that if he worked with the homeless for even a week, he would no longer have the very strong opinions about people who choose to be homeless because they don't want to work - which was the case with this guy.

In short: we live in the same area and know each other personally and he has been a prick to me ever since that discussion about a homeless guy that he admired. Nine times out of ten, I ignore his subtle digs, but sometimes I get sick of it and let him know about it. Believe me - responding to my post with "dude" was meant as an insult and he knows it and he meant it to be personal. And even though he knows it was meant to be personal, he knows he can also pretend as if he knew no better. That's the meat of it.

Pdub and I have gotten together and shared a drink in downtown Binghamton. We got along fabulously until about a year ago when he told of a story of a man from Binghamton who decided he didn't want to work anymore and chose to live behind garbage cans in and around the city and he told funny stories in exchange for drinks. I did not admire the man and having run a homeless shelter in Binghamton for several years, I have a lot of emotional attachment to the homeless situation and there is nothing funny or admirable about it in my opinion. In fact, it's a touchy subject with me because I have a passion to help the homeless...at least the ones who are homeless because of things beyond their control. Regardless, this really pissed off pdub and ever since that disagreement, he has harassed me by fact checking everything I say or do and just acting pissy and purposely being a thorn in my side. He was obviously offended that I didn't share his feelings about the homeless. I even offered to take him downtown under the bridges to meet some of these guys who he thinks are funny and admirable. I believe that if he worked with the homeless for even a week, he would no longer have the very strong opinions about people who choose to be homeless because they don't want to work - which was the case with this guy.

In short: we live in the same area and know each other personally and he has been a prick to me ever since that discussion about a homeless guy that he admired. Nine times out of ten, I ignore his subtle digs, but sometimes I get sick of it and let him know about it. Believe me - responding to my post with "dude" was meant as an insult and he knows it and he meant it to be personal. And even though he knows it was meant to be personal, he knows he can also pretend as if he knew no better. That's the meat of it.

So really, it's not about being called "dude".

+1

Oh dear lord.

I'm just going to keep all my thoughts to myself from now on. Not even worth it.

Getting all that shit over the word dude, get insults thrown my way for no damn reason.

Not fun, not worth it.

Dude!!!

Oh dear lord.

I'm just going to keep all my thoughts to myself from now on. Not even worth it.

Getting all that shit over the word dude, get insults thrown my way for no damn reason.

Not fun, not worth it.

Dude!!!

I never went back to the original Giants message board years ago because of all the negativity and childish behavior where insults were the only constant. I am an insanely avid Giants fan and perpetually optimistic about our players.....some would say, overly optimistic. And that's okay. What I can't stand is taking the time to write a positive take on a player we've drafted only to be have someone reply with a condescending remark that is meant to knock down hope and to pretend to be "all knowing" and "all wise" by declaring a player a bust before he ever suits up.

In politics and religion, I don't really care about the personal jabs because we're supposed to have a variety of opinions that are generally polar opposite. But in the Giants football side, I see no reason to ridicule a person for being optimistic about Kennard. Yet that's precisely what happened here and it simply reminds me of the original Giants site that is filled with childish acting assholes.

As for me...I'm testy I suppose and have been for a couple of weeks. I had surgery twice last week to remove malignant cells that have spread into my right eye. I have a face full of stitches and bandages covering half the right side of my face including my right eye. Hopefully, this ordeal I'm going through will be over soon and life can return to normal, but it's something that makes me nervous. I could care less about my looks and know that I'm going to have a significant scar across my face, but that doesn't bother me a bit. But it is quite painful and dealing with the threat of possible semi-blindness or the problem spreading is less than comforting. It puts me on edge and I don't deal well with arrogant people who feel the need to insult me right now.

One of the few things in life that still thrill me at my age is the draft - and I mean 5-year kid on Christmas eve thrilled. I love reading and evaluating the players that the Giants have drafted. And yes...I am optimistic. I am ALWAYS optimistic after the draft. It might be naïve, but it's just me. So after reading dozens and dozens of articles on our draft picks for two weeks, it's unbelievable to me the number of analysts on NFL Network, ESPN, and internet media that rave about the Giants picking Kennard and use language that far exceeded my take on him...calling him everything from a "round 1 pick if not for injuries" to "the steal of the draft". So I get excited and hope to hell he pans out.

I write my positive take on Kennard and a guy who has been holding a grudge against me for awhile now decides it's time to be condescending and take a cheap shot at me for being positive. I doubt he realizes the disdain I have for people who think they are cute by using the word dude, but that combined with my personal health problems right now, my eternal optimism of the Giants, the excitement I go through because of the draft, then getting an insulting remark reminiscent of a teen who thinks being drugged up all the time is really cool as a response to my positive post....I flipped.

I do not apologize. However, if I have to join another board to follow my Giants without having to deal with assholes that want to inject negativity into everything, than I will. I would hope this board remains positive though. It's usually positive and when someone isn't positive about one of our players, or a coach, or a strategy, or whatever, we don't attack each other with childish remarks simply for having a different take. In short - we left the children's board a long time ago and came to an adult board where we can actually discuss football instead of dealing with jerks who want to make things personal if they disagree. So I don't think it's wrong to call out those who decide to ignore the actual issue, and try to make differences of opinion personal. When that happens and someone feels the urge to make things personal, and are overly negative, I feel they should be called out in order to keep this board from becoming just a smaller version of the board we all left.

As for me...I'm testy I suppose and have been for a couple of weeks. I had surgery twice last week to remove malignant cells that have spread into my right eye. I have a face full of stitches and bandages covering half the right side of my face including my right eye.

Pics or GTFO, Dude.

Seriously, I'm just here to bust your balls. I didn't know any of the history with you and PDub. I really don't care to be honest. But getting pissy on here and pretending it's only about the word 'dude' when it's clearly more than that reminds me of a psycho girlfriend who flips the fuck out over the stupidest shit and keeps a rap sheet on her boyfriend so that everytime she's the least bit irked, she rattles off the whole list. Don't be like that or folks won't give a shit if you do leave.

I've often found your opinion or thoughts on certain players read-worthy. And believe me, I have no problems with optimistic viewpoints, but you have to understand that there are realists out there who aren't all sunshine and roses. The chances the 5th round pick could be a bust may just be the same or better than the chances he is a success. Fact is, labeling him as one of the best LB we've had in ages was a stretch, is a stretch, and until he shows it on the field, will be a stretch.

Likewise, I like PDubs updates because frankly, I'm too lazy to deal with Twitter.

Seriously, I'm just here to bust your balls. I didn't know any of the history with you and PDub. I really don't care to be honest. But getting pissy on here and pretending it's only about the word 'dude' when it's clearly more than that reminds me of a psycho girlfriend who flips the fuck out over the stupidest shit and keeps a rap sheet on her boyfriend so that everytime she's the least bit irked, she rattles off the whole list. Don't be like that or folks won't give a shit if you do leave.

I've often found your opinion or thoughts on certain players read-worthy. And believe me, I have no problems with optimistic viewpoints, but you have to understand that there are realists out there who aren't all sunshine and roses. The chances the 5th round pick could be a bust may just be the same or better than the chances he is a success. Fact is, labeling him as one of the best LB we've had in ages was a stretch, is a stretch, and until he shows it on the field, will be a stretch.

Likewise, I like PDubs updates because frankly, I'm too lazy to deal with Twitter.

I have zero problems with someone disagreeing with me. I personally think Kennard is going to surprise a lot of people and might well become a fan favorite. I have not read a single negative thing about him on any site and have heard nothing but praise over the pick.

When I take the time to put together my take on a player, I don't expect everyone to agree. But I expect a better response than a childish, "Dude".

That's simply condescending. It's implying that "your post is so stupid and I am so smart with inside information that I'm simply going to respond with dude because I feel I should put you in your place". Maybe others don't see it. I don't really care. Like I said in a previous post, I put my job on the line refusing to take three teens to the ski resort simply because they called me "dude" while laughing and thinking they were cool. Of course, they were about 13 years old and that's the kind of things 13 year olds say because they are still in the mode of growing up and seeing how far they can push adults before an adult says "fuck you" and closes the door in their face. That's what I did this past winter and I'd do it again. I simply don't find it cute or funny. I don't sit around and laugh at teens who think being high all the time and disrespecting adults is hilarious. Some people do, I don't.

Bottom line: disagree with me all you want. But at least have the decency to say why you believe I'm wrong. I don't have a problem in the world with someone disagreeing with me. But I don't like condescending teens who think it's cute to make a patronizing response like "dude" as though his self-appointed superiority has reached the apex of all knowledge and all adults are dumb. All I ask is a reasonable response explaining why someone disagrees. Otherwise, please go to the old Giants board where it is filled with teenage idiots.

Yeah the word dude was all a calculated between the lines personal vendetta stemming from some shit a long time ago I can barely remember. Even though noone else here ever saw the word as an insult, and the fact that I've twice explained my reason for posting it. Don't know how many more times I have to explain it, but twice should be more than enough. It was exactly as if I'd posted "whoa. I'm the one with the vendetta, not the guy who brings it up all the time. Not the guy who always insults me.

So don't worry, you don't have to find some other board.

I don't deserve the insults and won't walk on eggshells to not receive them. So I'll keep my thoughts to myself and you have your fun.