SportsWrath

Aaaa....Yankees are in the Playoffs.....helloooo

Chuck Wagon

Well, you got your man.

Still need a lot of work..that division has three very good teams..but these two moves greatly improve the offense..fills one outfield spot with a quality power threat and superb defense at third.

I still think they need some youth.. baseball is a long season.. older players have obvious risks..be nice to have gotten ozuna when they failed to get Stanton. He and Bruce along with longo would certainly put them in contention for the second wildcard..but the nl will be tough..lots of good teams

• 3 weeks later...

The Yankees should try and see what they can get for betances..he is about to get expensive and they have a betances clone in the kid they got from the Indians in the Andrew Miller trade.. Ben Heller...same exact repertoire as betances and three years younger. Flame thrower with devastating slider..and just like dellin, loses the plate at times..his numbers are almost identical to betances in the minors..14k per nine. If he can figure out his control issues, he is betances when betances is at his best

• 1 month later...

What has happened to the quality first baseman? This list is pretty woeful.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757625-mlb-position-power-rankings-2018-brs-top-30-first-basemen?share=other

yeah, it seems like not too long ago every team had big, Burley, hairy, left hand hitting, home run smashing monster at first...not the case anymore. Theres only less than half of those types manning first base these days.

Games changed, players changed with it

They have Brandon belt in the top ten. Woeful indeed

That was most telling. I expected to see him around 20. How can you not learn to poke a ball to the right side of the field, especially at a real ballpark like ATT. Hes have a lot better numbers at little Yankee stadium it thats not where he is.

Yeah, but he is an average player regardless.

New yankee stadium is awful..I won't even go during the regular season..just for the playoffs.

And yankee stadium isn't the only band box in baseball. Every stadium in the Al east is a band box except for Tropicana..which is the worst park in baseball..there should be no domes in baseball.. always should be played outdoors...the green monster is 270 feet from home plate.

I don't know why these straight pull hitters with power don't develop a left field swing. That would eliminate the severe shift on them and raise their average by 30 points in Belt's case.

it's crazy that a professional ball player cannot go the other way. I don't get it either...teams are basically giving them a base hit when the shift..but they just can't go oppo. Even a bunt that direction will be a single. Crazy

it's crazy that a professional ball player cannot go the other way. I don't get it either...teams are basically giving them a base hit when the shift..but they just can't go oppo. Even a bunt that direction will be a single. Crazy

It's all ego- like the Rick Barry underhand shot.

I don't know why these straight pull hitters with power don't develop a left field swing. That would eliminate the severe shift on them and raise their average by 30 points in Belt's case.

Because that isn't that game anymore brother.... here is the eulogy for the one we grew up with....

C. Wagon

Because that isn't that game anymore brother.... here is the eulogy for the one we grew up with....

C. Wagon

Big NL parks still play that way. Pitching Defense get on base. Series ususlly plays that way too.

• 2 months later...

yeah, it seems like not too long ago every team had big, Burley, hairy, left hand hitting, home run smashing monster at first...not the case anymore. Theres only less than half of those types manning first base these days.

Games changed, players changed with it

They have Brandon belt in the top ten. Woeful indeed

11 Homers/ 29 RBi's/ 313BA

• 3 weeks later...

The wildcard is going to be bullshit this year..the Yankees, red Sox, Mariners and Astros all might win 100+ games and two of them will have to play a one game crap shoot.

Like the 103 win pirates had to play the cubs with a possessed arietta on the mound

The wildcard is going to be bullshit this year..the Yankees, red Sox, Mariners and Astros all might win 100+ games and two of them will have to play a one game crap shoot.

Like the 103 win pirates had to play the cubs with a possessed arietta on the mound

Yeah Yankees should look to get some pitching

there's nothing worth trading for... unless the Giants are out of it and the yankees throw the kitchen sink to land bumgarner, they might be better off trading for Brad hand

....and that is what I am afraid of.....

The Yanks have some arms down on the farm if they just wait.....it'll take a Torres or Andjur ...plus a Frazier and one of those farm arms to get him.....

They got something going that could be good for a LONG time.....hope they don't fuck it up.

C. Wagon

there's nothing worth trading for... unless the Giants are out of it and the yankees throw the kitchen sink to land bumgarner, they might be better off trading for Brad hand

I don’t think the giants will be sellers this year. Not in that division

....and that is what I am afraid of.....

The Yanks have some arms down on the farm if they just wait.....it'll take a Torres or Andjur ...plus a Frazier and one of those farm arms to get him.....

They got something going that could be good for a LONG time.....hope they don't fuck it up.

C. Wagon

no Chuck, it won't take all those guys...but Frazier, abreu, Sheffield, Estrada and florial would probably get it done.

Which is a tremendous hall for the Giants.

A major league ready 23 year old outfielder that has perennial all star written all over him. A just about major league ready left handed pitcher that projects to be a major league number 2. A right hander that's a year away with number 1 stuff and projection. An infielder who has done nothing but rake at every level...just about major league ready and a young freak fibe tool out fielder that has super star ceiling.

That's an offer no team can refuse for any player not named Mike trout...and that might even get him.

Point is, the yankees have the talent to trade for any player they want if that player is available and they'll still have a top ten farm system...that's how deep the yankees system is...and they did great in this year's draft...same as the last three drafts prior.

Clarke Schmidt is going to be a top of the rotation arm. He is expected to start in Staten island...then look for him to cruise through the system next year... possibly making his major league debut at some point after the 2019 all star break

no Chuck, it won't take all those guys...but Frazier, abreu, Sheffield, Estrada and florial would probably get it done.

Which is a tremendous hall for the Giants.

A major league ready 23 year old outfielder that has perennial all star written all over him. A just about major league ready left handed pitcher that projects to be a major league number 2. A right hander that's a year away with number 1 stuff and projection. An infielder who has done nothing but rake at every level...just about major league ready and a young freak fibe tool out fielder that has super star ceiling.

That's an offer no team can refuse for any player not named Mike trout...and that might even get him.

Point is, the yankees have the talent to trade for any player they want if that player is available and they'll still have a top ten farm system...that's how deep the yankees system is...and they did great in this year's draft...same as the last three drafts prior.

Clarke Schmidt is going to be a top of the rotation arm. He is expected to start in Staten island...then look for him to cruise through the system next year... possibly making his major league debut at some point after the 2019 all star break

That is my point....I'd rather keep all those guys...and grind in 18 rather then grab up a pitcher...even a monster like Bumgarner.....That is how the walk in the wilderness beganin in the 80s and 90s.

C. Wagon