SportsWrath

Manningham

Nas

Matthews is a dirty player...especially when he gets embarrassed . Have no problem with Harbaugh defending his team

yes and he was right. staley did nothing but hold matthews off his QB. it's karma that the refs f'd up the downs. also, how is matthews unsportsmanlike "after the play"?

Matthews is a dirty player...especially when he gets embarrassed . Have no problem with Harbaugh defending his team

I have no problems with it either, but there's a right way and wrong way to do it. Saying it was a dirty hit and out of line is one thing, making fun of Matthews' hair and how he throws a punch is something else. The guy is a head coach in the NFL; there's a certain amount of decorum that's supposed to come along with that.

I have no problems with it either, but there's a right way and wrong way to do it. Saying it was a dirty hit and out of line is one thing, making fun of Matthews' hair and how he throws a punch is something else. The guy is a head coach in the NFL; there's a certain amount of decorum that's supposed to come along with that.

This...^...but I guess that is too old school for today's NFL. Bring back the days of Tom Landry I say...less glitz but more hits. :P

• 1 year later...

Those are all good points, and at this he's definitely a really good coach. A few years ago there was this hot new coach named Rex Ryan, who for the first time brought a team to two championship games back-to-back in his first two seasons, one with a rookie quarterback. "Unheard of!" "How can he be stopped!" Now the guy is probably going to lose his job if his team doesn't make it deep into playoffs.

These things don't always turn out the way they seem they're going to... and the Mike Ditkas of the world tend to have a pretty short shelf life. If Harbaugh doesn't reel it in a little bit I think he'll be on the unemployment line in a few seasons. That's not to say he can't turn it around... Bill Cowher was a bit of a loon when he was younger, too. I guess we'll see.

I wouldn't say he's "made it" until he's won the Super Bowl, however.

Damn I'm good.

Want me to pull up your old posts about Sinorice Moss and Ramses Barden?

Why do you think I need to gloat so badly about this one?

Yes, he'll be the highest paid coach in the league in 2 weeks. What a failure!

Lol, he's not going to be in the league in two weeks.

Why do you think I need to gloat so badly about this one?

Lol, he's not going to be in the league in two weeks.

I'm not sure its over but even if he goes to michigan its on the heels of success. But go ahead and spin it if it makes you feel better.

Now we get this fucking gem. Though I guess if you're the guy who broke Jim Kelley's nose in an elevator because you didn't like what he said, maybe you do know something.Seriously though, this guy is going to self-destruct. Probably not this season, probably not the next... that team is too talented... but he's not gonna be one for the ages. The first season that team gets hit with injuries and they start off 1-4 the wheels are coming off in a big way.

Quotes like this make me feel better. :)

SHARE (2266)

Update: Jim Harbaugh to take over at Michigan, per report

Rumors that Jim Harbaugh and the San Francisco 49ers were headed for a split began in earnest during the 2013 season. They seemed absurd then. Less so now, but we still don't know exactly why the split is happening. The worst thing Harbaugh did on the field was not win a Super Bowl with the 49ers. The next worst thing he did was let his team slide into a four-game losing streak this season, which could become five if San Francisco loses its season finale against the 11-4 Arizona Cardinals.

But even five straight losses can't screw up Harbaugh's record too badly. Win or lose this week, Harbaugh will be let go with the best winning percentage of any coach who spent only four years in the NFL. That record may stand if rumors (LOTS of rumors) that he is headed to the University of Michigan prove true. If the 49ers lose to the Cardinals and Harbaugh never spends another day as an NFL head coach, his .680 winning percentage would rank 10th all time in NFL history. If the 49ers win, Harbaugh's percentage would jump to fifth, behind only Guy Chamberlin, John Madden, Vince Lombardi and George Allen.

If I were the Raiders I'd offer him the team. Seriously give him a percentage of revenue or something. The guy got a raw deal from the 49ers and it should be interesting to see the fan reaction in 3 years when the 49ers are drafting top 10.

I prefer facts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000450865/article/jim-harbaugh-49ers-parting-ways

"Jim and I have come to the conclusion that it is in our mutual best interest to move in different directions," owner Jed York said in a statement. "We thank Jim for bringing a tremendous competitive nature and a great passion for the game to the 49ers. He and his staff restored a winning culture that has been the standard for our franchise throughout its history."

SHARE (2266)

Update: Jim Harbaugh to take over at Michigan, per report

Rumors that Jim Harbaugh and the San Francisco 49ers were headed for a split began in earnest during the 2013 season. They seemed absurd then. Less so now, but we still don't know exactly why the split is happening. The worst thing Harbaugh did on the field was not win a Super Bowl with the 49ers. The next worst thing he did was let his team slide into a four-game losing streak this season, which could become five if San Francisco loses its season finale against the 11-4 Arizona Cardinals.

But even five straight losses can't screw up Harbaugh's record too badly. Win or lose this week, Harbaugh will be let go with the best winning percentage of any coach who spent only four years in the NFL. That record may stand if rumors (LOTS of rumors) that he is headed to the University of Michigan prove true. If the 49ers lose to the Cardinals and Harbaugh never spends another day as an NFL head coach, his .680 winning percentage would rank 10th all time in NFL history. If the 49ers win, Harbaugh's percentage would jump to fifth, behind only Guy Chamberlin, John Madden, Vince Lombardi and George Allen.

what a f'n loser!

I'm shocked he is going back to college, I figured he'd stick in the NFL so he can win a superbowl.

He's a good coach, he just never developed Kaepernick enough.

Should have stuck with Smith. Never thought I'd say that, but thats what that team needed.

Yes, i think sometimes you yearn for what you don't have, as opposed to what you need. Kaepernick was so dynamic, the anti-smith. But I'm not sure he has the vision to make the progressions. He's certainly smart enough, shares a wonderlic score with Luck (37). But for some reason, he's stuck.

None of that would've saved Harbaugh though. The Bay Area has a thing about confrontation. When I moved out from NY, it took me a while to figure out that people would rather not deal with you if it means an occasional confrontation. Mark Jackson, Harbaugh, many players who don't fit the mold are sent packing. The owners covet good manners above all else.

I have no doubt Harbaugh will be successful wherever he goes.

Yes, i think sometimes you yearn for what you don't have, as opposed to what you need. Kaepernick was so dynamic, the anti-smith. But I'm not sure he has the vision to make the progressions. He's certainly smart enough, shares a wonderlic score with Luck (37). But for some reason, he's stuck.

None of that would've saved Harbaugh though. The Bay Area has a thing about confrontation. When I moved out from NY, it took me a while to figure out that people would rather not deal with you if it means an occasional confrontation. Mark Jackson, Harbaugh, many players who don't fit the mold are sent packing. The owners covet good manners above all else.

I have no doubt Harbaugh will be successful wherever he goes.

Holy shit, Kaepernick scored a 37? He sounds 'tarded when he speaks. He's like the anti-Marino.