SportsWrath

10 Years Later, the Patriots Reflect on the Tyree Catch That Cost Them 19-0

fringe

I hear this argument 10x a day up here and it's a total bullshit argument. If "every team" did this, why doesn't every team get punished? It's like saying, "well, my neighbor got caught shoplifting, but everyone else in the neighborhood probably does it too, so we shouldn't hold it against him."

There is ZERO evidence that other teams broke the rules in the ways the Patriots did. To assume otherwise is asanine.

No they should get punished you silly man lol

I'm just saying you cant honestly say with a straight face that owners dont do this type of stuff when millions can be gained and lost on a single game.

I mean the fact that you and many others go on about "HURRR DURR THE REFS ARE RIGGEDEZZ" is just a prime example lol

Oh and "zero" evidence other teams havent borken the rules like the Patriots have, see the;

Denver Broncos who had a team officiate tape their opposing teams PRIVATE practices in 2010 before the game in London. They were punished.

The Jets in 2006 who were caught doing the exact same thing as the Patriots.

the Jets were caught filming the Patriots plays and defensive signals from both endzones of Gillette Stadium

How about the sudden rash of cramps/inhuries hitting Giants players during games to go down and stop the clock during substitutions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV3K_ML2UsI

LOL please "asinine"

The list can go on and on about how teams have broken the rules and in a worse way before and after the Patriots.

No they should get punished you silly man lol

I'm just saying you cant honestly say with a straight face that owners dont do this type of stuff when millions can be gained and lost on a single game.

I mean the fact that you and many others go on about "HURRR DURR THE REFS ARE RIGGEDEZZ" is just a prime example lol

Oh and "zero" evidence other teams havent borken the rules like the Patriots have, see the;

Denver Broncos who had a team officiate tape their opposing teams PRIVATE practices in 2010 before the game in London. They were punished.

The Jets in 2006 who were caught doing the exact same thing as the Patriots.

How about the sudden rash of cramps/inhuries hitting Giants players during games to go down and stop the clock during substitutions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV3K_ML2UsI

LOL please "asinine"

The list can go on and on about how teams have broken the rules and in a worse way before and after the Patriots.

Maybe I misunderstood the argument... again, when I hear "every team does that" it's almost always followed by some lame assed excuse for why it was just too harsh for the Patriots to actually be held accountable for cheating. Other teams break the rules too and other teams are held accountable (the Falcons did recently as well) but I'm not sure that means "every team does it."

I'll say this though, if I owned a team and was in the championship game I'd be cheating my ass off seeing how easy the Pats got off for deflating the balls; I'm pretty sure any team in the league would trade a four game suspension for a Super Bowl trophy. People talk about what a hardass Goodell is but if I was commissioner I'd have nullified that Super Bowl;no rings, no trophies, try again next year. It's what we do at college... cheat on the midterm or final and have fun at home while we keep your money.

Shit, had the roles been reversed, we'd still be butthurt over going 18-1. Any Giants fan who says otherwise is likely fooling themselves. I mean, we still talk about certain painful games...Matt Dodge to Desean Jackson for the win, 49ers playoff game, etc...but that SB loss for the Patriots outranks them one, because it's the superbowl, and two, the Patriots were undefeated going into it.

Or when the Giants were rolling over everyone then Plax shot himself in the leg... smfh..

Before burress shot himself we were averaging 29.5 points per game which wouldve led the league if it stayed that way til the end of the season. It dropped to 19 points per game after we lost him which wouldve been good for 24th in the nfl over a full season.

In 2008 we were 10th in defensive dvoa, 5th in points allowed and 5th in yards allowed. We actually allowed less points than we did during the previous Super Bowl year. And lord knows how many points were allowed during garbage time since we were dropping 30 on everyone. That team was steamrolling its way to another super bowl

Before burress shot himself we were averaging 29.5 points per game which wouldve led the league if it stayed that way til the end of the season. It dropped to 19 points per game after we lost him which wouldve been good for 24th in the nfl over a full season.

In 2008 we were 10th in defensive dvoa, 5th in points allowed and 5th in yards allowed. We actually allowed less points than we did during the previous Super Bowl year. And lord knows how many points were allowed during garbage time since we were dropping 30 on everyone. That team was steamrolling its way to another super bowl

Giants were the best team in football that year. Without question the most dominant team of the Eli/Coughlin era. Blowing out good teams and running the ball at will. Their only loss was to the Browns on Monday Night Football which is typical. The Burress shooting of himself killed all of it. You should never have confidence in a repeat but they had a legitimate chance.

And in the last five games of the season the Plax-less led defense couldnt stop a fucking JV team.

They dropped four of their last five and let a WR less Eagles walk all over them in the post season.

Please Plax didnt even lead the team in yards or TDs by that point.

But yeah that team was well on a way to another SB by running over great teams like the RG3 led 'Skins, the Browns, the Seahawks, Cardinals, and the Cowboys who were god awful that year.

That teams strength was the running game that for some reason forgot how to run because some WR shot himself in the leg lol

I was gonna say that I dont think they forgot how to run, but they probably had a hard time running against an extra defender with our best weapon gone.

But then I just looked at the games again instead. Last six games w/o burgess. 168 rushes for 833 yards. 5 yards per carry. Season average: 5 yards per carry, first in the nfl.

Defense during that 6 game stretch gave up 19.5 points per game. 2 teams couldnt even crack 10 points. 17.2 points allowed before burress injury. Thats basically a drop from the 4th best defense to the 8th best.

That passing game on the other hand! 63.1% 19 tds, 5 interceptions in 11 games with burress. 56.6% 4 tds 5 interceptions in 6 games without him. Yikes!

So basically defense went down slightly from 4th to 8th and was still holding teams under 20 ppg, running game was the best in the nfl before and after the injury, passing game was way down and overall scoring offense was way down. No wonder plaxs injury killing the team was the prevailing narrative!