SportsWrath

Rule Changes ruining the game

UK-Giantsfan

Our beloved game of Football is being ruined. The way that the refs have been instructed to enforce these rule changes is just killing the Defensive game ! The NFL has gone too far this time ( IMO ). It seems like a WR who initiates contact on a 50/50 ball is getting away with it whilst a defensive player who has the same legitimate shot at a catchable ball is getting a flag every bloody time.

Id rather watch a good hard fought 21-17 game any day , but the NFL seems to want us to watch a 45-42 shootout every Sunday by favouring Offense far too much.

I hope they clarify this and sort it out soon ....otherwise the season will be virtually unwatchable if you value good D

The casual slap or grazing of a QBs head by an outstretched hand being a 15 yard penalty is equally as much garbage in my opinion.

Why can't there be two penalties there...a 5 yard variety for a casual head slap/touch and a 15 yard for more violent offenses?

I agree on the defense as a whole though...once QBs started throwing the ball into traffic, banking on a PI call, as opposed to making the ball catchable...is a clear cut sign that rule has swayed too far in one direction.

You're right dude, we've been seeing the makings of this for the past 4 or 5 years...every game between teams that are relatively equal boils down to whoever has the ball with 2 minutes or less remaining.

Defensive backs can't defend the pass anymore. Nowadays, a DB has to greet the receiver with tea and strumpets before he can even think about touching him (mind you, can't touch him until WELL after the catch). On a related note, with the NFLs new rule announcement, and having viewed the pre-season thus far, I am moving half my stock portfolio into tea and strumpet stocks.

The rules should work both ways. If we're going to call a DB for literally EVERY minuscule piece of contact, Receivers should be penalized for the same as well.

Defensive backs can't defend the pass anymore. Nowadays, a DB has to greet the receiver with tea and strumpets before he can even think about touching him (mind you, can't touch him until WELL after the catch). On a related note, with the NFLs new rule announcement, and having viewed the pre-season thus far, I am moving half my stock portfolio into tea and strumpet stocks.

The rules should work both ways. If we're going to call a DB for literally EVERY minuscule piece of contact, Receivers should be penalized for the same as well.

Crumpets are food. Strumpets are sluts.

The game was unwatchable with the amount of penalties last night. Basically every pass you were looking for a flag. That is not what people want to see!

You have to hope it's just a preseason push to try to send a message. Officiating like last night no chance the Seahawks even made to playoffs let alone win the Super Bowl last year.

The amount of fouls being called for incidental contact (or no contact at all) is becoming replacement-officials-level laughable. It's like I want to implore the NFL to end the officials' union strike already. "Wait, what's that you say? They aren't striking again?"

Our beloved game of Football is being ruined. The way that the refs have been instructed to enforce these rule changes is just killing the Defensive game ! The NFL has gone too far this time ( IMO ). It seems like a WR who initiates contact on a 50/50 ball is getting away with it whilst a defensive player who has the same legitimate shot at a catchable ball is getting a flag every bloody time.

Id rather watch a good hard fought 21-17 game any day , but the NFL seems to want us to watch a 45-42 shootout every Sunday by favouring Offense far too much.

I hope they clarify this and sort it out soon ....otherwise the season will be virtually unwatchable if you value good D

I think if the DB is tracking the ball, then body contact shouldn't be called, as long as his hands are going for the ball.