SportsWrath

Jayron Hose-me

JMFP

Also, when was the last time the Giants had a productive 3rd round pick? Justin Tuck?

Damontre Moore might show something this year; same with Jernigan (but I have my doubts). That's 2013 and 2011.

2010 was Chad Jones

2009, the third pick was Beatty; the third round pick was Barden--say Barden.

2008 was Manningham

2007 was Alford.

Manningham was productive. Alford was just starting to look that way and wound up injured and out of the league. Every time Barden showed a hint of something--IR. Chad Jones.

It hasn't been that we've picked badly so much as they might as well have given the third round pick a check for a few hundred thousand and had one of his knee ligaments surgically removed for all the good it's done us. Less painful for the player, too.

The 2008 draft is mind-boggling.

Damontre Moore might show something this year; same with Jernigan (but I have my doubts). That's 2013 and 2011.

2010 was Chad Jones

2008 was Manningham

2007 was Alford.

Manningham was productive. Alford was just starting to look that way and wound up injured and out of the league. Every time Barden showed a hint of something--IR. Chad Jones.

It hasn't been that we've picked badly so much as they might as well have given the third round pick a check for a few hundred thousand and had one of his knee ligaments surgically removed for all the good it's done us. Less painful for the player, too.

You continue to amaze... :WS:

2010 was Chad Jones

2008 was Manningham

2007 was Alford.

I'll give you Manningham. He only really gave us one good season, but that was one more than we got out of the other 9 guys in 11 years.

I'll give you Manningham. He only really gave us one good season, but that was one more than we got out of the other 9 guys in 11 years.

Go back further--old man Young and Accorsi pretty much sucked at 3rd round, too. Dan Campbell was the highlight of players who decided to stay with us before Tuck, going back to 1990 or so. There was Shiancoe and McCaffrey, too; but that didn't do the Giants much good.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/draft.htm

Like I said, at least Alford might have given us something had he not gotten the knee injury (aside from the 1 critical sack in the 1st SB this run); we'll never know what Chad Jones had to offer, but at least there was some potential there. Sadly, if Moore or Bromley give us some production, we're ahead of the curve for this team.

or just look at the lists of all third round picks for every draft.

seems like we are about par for the league.

No it's only the Giant's that have draft picks who bust out and don't win the Superbowl ever year.

Dude, Pdoub it's not like the Giant's have done anything recently.

It's almost like 3rd rounders aren't sure-fire 1st rounders!

And 1st rounders aren't surefire anything. It's why I am surprised more teams aren't like the Patriots and collect as many picks as possible. The draft is a crapshoot because of injuries so the more depth the better.