SportsWrath

Doctors Shut Down David Wilson; Career Over

Mr. P

Yeah, think of how much better the team would of been with him fumbling the ball 4 times a game.

Because an Ahmad Bradhsaw with no ankles, Kregg Lumpkin, and Ryan Torrain were clearly much better options

Damn shame. Feel bad for the kid. Ranks right up there with the LSU safety we drafted who almost died in a car accident...name escaping me for the moment.

Any time someone displays loads of potential and then it all is swept away...when it's not the fault of the individual...is sad. I'm glad he has a positive attitude about it and I'm glad the Giants hedged their bet on Wilson by drafting Williams. Both parties seem to have come to a mutual understanding that life outweighs football.

Damn shame. Feel bad for the kid. Ranks right up there with the LSU safety we drafted who almost died in a car accident...name escaping me for the moment.

Any time someone displays loads of potential and then it all is swept away...when it's not the fault of the individual...is sad. I'm glad he has a positive attitude about it and I'm glad the Giants hedged their bet on Wilson by drafting Williams. Both parties seem to have come to a mutual understanding that life outweighs football.

Chad Jones died? I thought he suffered some brutal injuries but survived.

Jim, welcome back.. where you been?

Don't think we get anything, guys. Far as I know, only time you get compensatory picks is if you lose a player to free agency. Career ending injuries are just (very) tough luck.

Comp picks are based on what you lose and gain in free agency the year before.

Based on the free agents you lose and gain...David Wilson was not a free agent and therefore doesn't have an impact on compensatory picks...

my understanding at this point.

Yes they were because you really wont win when you commit turnovers.

You give your rookie time to make mistakes. You don't shelf him his entire rookie season and take a shit on his confidence. So again, it's a shame Tom Coughlin took away what few productive games he could have had.

You didn't see him bench Tiki Barber permanently. He worked with him and helped him fix his fumbling issues. But right, Tiki wasn't a rookie.

You give your rookie time to make mistakes. You don't shelf him his entire rookie season and take a shit on his confidence. So again, it's a shame Tom Coughlin took away what few productive games he could have had.

You didn't see him bench Tiki Barber permanently. He worked with him and helped him fix his fumbling issues. But right, Tiki wasn't a rookie.

The bulk of Wilson's carries his rookie year came later in the season, so it appears that he did work with him, presumably saw improvement then put him back out there.

The bulk of Wilson's carries his rookie year came later in the season, so it appears that he did work with him, presumably saw improvement then put him back out there.

He had 12,13, 3 and 15 carries in the last four games of 2012 and was the week one starter last year.

At least as much and perhaps more than the fumbling issue, the hesitancy to play Wilson early stemmed from his inability to pick up the blitz. With the OL as shaky as it was, the last thing we needed was an "ole!" block, giving a blitzing linebacker a clear kill shot on Eli.

Tiki, on the other hand, was excellent at picking up the blitz, even when he was going through his fumble prone times. That kept him on the field more.

At least as much and perhaps more than the fumbling issue, the hesitancy to play Wilson early stemmed from his inability to pick up the blitz. With the OL as shaky as it was, the last thing we needed was an "ole!" block, giving a blitzing linebacker a clear kill shot on Eli.

Tiki, on the other hand, was excellent at picking up the blitz, even when he was going through his fumble prone times. That kept him on the field more.

That's been the problem with literally every running back that has ever played for Tom Coughlin, according to Tom Coughlin, though. Except Ahmad Bradshaw, Tiki Barber, and Brandon Jacobs.

So much time has been wasted on this project, I'm glad for it to be over so we can try settling on a # 1 somehow.

I really didn't think he would continue. You just don't fuck with the spinal cord. This might sound terrible, and I don't mean it in a bad way, but if he had to find that out the hard way, I'm glad it was just this. And at least this didn't happen later in the preseason.

Another in a long list of failed 1st round running backs for this team. Not his fault, but the net effect is the same.