SportsWrath

David Wilson Cleared For Training Camp

Mr. P

It's time for him to get it going, another bad year from him is the last thing NY needs.

Well with Snee heading out the door I don't really see the run game being any more viable then it was last season.

I'm sure by seasons end people will be saying Jennings has been the worst signing since Mr.Nickles, Wilson is a bust, and Williams was a waste of a draft pick.

Going into this year we are basically playing with a free agent O-line. Beatty, Schwartz(FA), Walton(FA), Jerry(FA) and Pugh and I wouldnt be surprised to see Beatty replaced at some point if he continues his decline with Brown(FA).

I think it will be a season or two before the Giant's finally have an O-line that is going to mesh, but who knows it's why I'm talking about it on the internet and not in some fancy GMs office.

Snee was pretty terrible last year. I don't think replacing him will be a step back.

I think Jerry is a step back and I still don't see why people think Schwartz is anything beyond a backup.

I think both of them arn't even starting material, just serviceable players.

People talk about how bad Wilson sucked last year, but there were a lot of 1 yard runs last year where he made 5 guys miss. If 3 of 5 linemen decide to run block this year he might be a good player, assuming he can bounce back from the injury.

People talk about how bad Wilson sucked last year, but there were a lot of 1 yard runs last year where he made 5 guys miss. If 3 of 5 linemen decide to run block this year he might be a good player, assuming he can bounce back from the injury.

When the RB getst tackled behind the LOS it says the OL sucks major balls.. Wilson can be a very good back...

Well with Snee heading out the door I don't really see the run game being any more viable then it was last season.

I'm sure by seasons end people will be saying Jennings has been the worst signing since Mr.Nickles, Wilson is a bust, and Williams was a waste of a draft pick.

Going into this year we are basically playing with a free agent O-line. Beatty, Schwartz(FA), Walton(FA), Jerry(FA) and Pugh and I wouldnt be surprised to see Beatty replaced at some point if he continues his decline with Brown(FA).

I think it will be a season or two before the Giant's finally have an O-line that is going to mesh, but who knows it's why I'm talking about it on the internet and not in some fancy GMs office.

I'm just hoping out of all those RB's. one of them will step up and take control. And the line is really going to be a sight to watch with all those new faces.

I'm just hoping out of all those RB's. one of them will step up and take control. And the line is really going to be a sight to watch with all those new faces.

I have full confidence in saying Wilson would have been great to see if he had anyone worth a roster spot blocking for him.

Just imagine what he could of done if he had that O-line from the 2007 season, instead he had to pull a Barry Sanders and try to outrun a guy in the backfield on every run play.

I mean here's the play Wilson got his neck injured on last season. http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap2000000257055/David-Wilson-Injures-neck

By the time Wilson even touches the ball on the hand off #77 and #97 are in the backfield for the Eagles, it's pretty much been that way since Wilson was drafted.

I have full confidence in saying Wilson would have been great to see if he had anyone worth a roster spot blocking for him.

Just imagine what he could of done if he had that O-line from the 2007 season, instead he had to pull a Barry Sanders and try to outrun a guy in the backfield on every run play.

I mean here's the play Wilson got his neck injured on last season. http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/0ap2000000257055/David-Wilson-Injures-neck

By the time Wilson even touches the ball on the hand off #77 and #97 are in the backfield for the Eagles, it's pretty much been that way since Wilson was drafted.

And then TC finishes him of with the dog house treatment. I don't why, but when he fumbled that ball in the Dallas game.......something told me we were in for a shitty year, not even thinking it would be the next two. So this year i'm not expecting too much, just going to enjoy watching the games and maybe we'll improve.

im still a huge believer in wilson (probably cuz i was at that saints game) and with the jennings signing and the kid we drafted i'm super excited about our running game now.

snee was done whether he retired or not but he deserved to see how he felt this summer before making that decision

• 2 weeks later...

im still a huge believer in wilson (probably cuz i was at that saints game) and with the jennings signing and the kid we drafted i'm super excited about our running game now.

snee was done whether he retired or not but he deserved to see how he felt this summer before making that decision

Guess I need to keep reading your post, I've lost all hope in him. Not all his fault, but the dude has too much bad luck for a #1 pick!

Reports from camp is that he has a neck related "burn". Let's hope for the best.

Article I just read stated that he took a shovel pass, turned upfield with his head down, and ran into one of the linemen (Eric Herman, I think it was). Jammed his neck again. Could be nothing, could be end of his career. Went to the hospital for multiple tests given the history.

Of course, article also stated that the defense came away with the ball on the play, so that alone might have Coughlin benching Wilson.

Article I just read stated that he took a shovel pass, turned upfield with his head down, and ran into one of the linemen (Eric Herman, I think it was). Jammed his neck again. Could be nothing, could be end of his career. Went to the hospital for multiple tests given the history.

Of course, article also stated that the defense came away with the ball on the play, so that alone might have Coughlin benching Wilson.

Ron Dayne is coaching now?

lol