SportsWrath

The sign Colin Kaepernick will never play in the NFL again

Tempest

https://nypost.com/2018/12/08/the-sign-colin-kaepernick-will-never-play-in-the-nfl-again/

If we learned anything from the ongoing quarterbacking saga of the Redskins this past week it is this: It appears all but certain Colin Kaepernick will never play another NFL down.
If the quarterback-desperate Redskins — who lost starter Alex Smith to a broken leg that has become more serious since surgery then backup Colt McCoy also to a fractured leg — didn’t even invite the former 49ers quarterback in for a workout, then who will?
The Redskins signed Mark Sanchez to be McCoy’s backup when Smith went down, and now Sanchez, who was out of the league until two weeks ago, is the starter, backed up by someone named Josh Johnson, who was signed off the street this past week.
Prior to the signing of Sanchez, the Redskins also brought in T.J. Yates, EJ Manuel and Kellen Clemens for a look. That group owns a collective 12-24 record as NFL starters among them.
But no Kaepernick, despite his rare physical skills and the fact that he led the 49ers to a Super Bowl.
Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Kaepernick was “talked about and discussed” but he added that there’s “not a lot of time to get a brand new QB and a system installed and taught in a couple days.’’
With that, Gruden said, “We’ll probably go in a different direction.”
The same “different direction’’ every quarterback-needy team the past two-plus years has taken when it comes to Kaepernick, who with his outspokenness in activism and legal battle with the NFL over collusion against him is obviously radioactive despite how desperate any team seems to be.
The whole thing is preposterous — especially when you consider the the Redskins had the audacity to sign Reuben Foster, the former 49ers linebacker accused of domestic abuse, about 10 minutes after San Francisco cut him.
Kaeprnick, who hasn’t played since 2016, is 28-30 as a starter and has thrown 72 touchdowns passes to 30 interceptions and has a career 88.9 passer rating.
We’re not trying to make him out to be Joe Montana in his prime, but anyone who knows even a tiny bit about football knows Kaepernick is a better quarterback not only than the players the Redskins brought in for tryouts but than most backups on current NFL rosters.
And the longer teams desperate for quarterback help — like the Redskins are right now — continue to avoid Kaepernick, the stronger his collusion case against the league gets.
He has a much better chance of winning in court than he ever does on the football field again. And that’s a shame.

The worst thing that can ever happen to Colin Kaepernick at this point is to get another job playing football.

Right he is the best QB not signed in the NFL and it is the open wound on the NFL that can never heal. If Coiln Kaepernick plays football anywhere and plays horribly which is very likely, the NFL can point out that was the reason why Kaepernick hasn't played since 2016.

Colin Kaepernick can sit back, pick up a check and spend the rest of his life as the most famous NFL QB to have been kept out of football because he made the NFL look bad. More people know Colin Kaepernick than Johnny Unitas and it gets worse with time.

The worst thing that can ever happen to Colin Kaepernick at this point is to get another job playing football.

Right he is the best QB not signed in the NFL and it is the open wound on the NFL that can never heal. If Coiln Kaepernick plays football anywhere and plays horribly which is very likely, the NFL can point out that was the reason why Kaepernick hasn't played since 2016.

Colin Kaepernick can sit back, pick up a check and spend the rest of his life as the most famous NFL QB to have been kept out of football because he made the NFL look bad. More people know Colin Kaepernick than Johnny Unitas and it gets worse with time.

Bingo.

Scary to think but he's best off just doing like you said, just keep collecting that paycheck while doing nothing.

He's basically part of the problem he was kneeling for, the media wont bring it up and no one cares anymore.

I wouldnt hire anyone that was suing me either

Technically every player (through the players assn) is suin the NFL over Anthem policy. At least they were...

But even so, didn't that cart come before the horse? If they weren't blacklisting him, he wouldn't have sued.

I actually don't believe he was blacklisted.

Jim Fassel was blacklisted.

Kaepernick's skills kept regressing until finally he played so poorly that he lost his starting job to.... shit?.... who was that guy? And I didn't even think he was good when he was "good". He was just a guy that could do the right few things well to sort of, almost succeed on a stacked team.

then...

I wouldnt hire anyone that was suing me either

… yeah, he basically blacklisted himself.

well sure, all things being equal, if he's the kind of guy who just does his job then, yes, he's probably on an NFL roster today. But that isn't really the question.

We should all live our lives staying in our lanes and not address anything that needs change. Got it, CD

He definitely would’ve had an NFL QB job. You’re delusional if you don’t beliythat.

Yeah he might not be a full 16 game starter but he would be come teams back up by this point.

I didn't think he was that good of a QB, he was like Flacco, he had to rely on his defence and run game, but every now and then he Kap would break out a 30 yard TD run.

We should all live our lives staying in our lanes and not address anything that needs change. Got it, CD

That isn't what I said.

He just isn't good enough for a team to roll the dice on a guy who may not hold the company line. It's not necessarily malicious or a conspiracy, it's completely reasonable that every single organization would reach the same conclusion about him.

Yet theres a child beater out there in uniform today...

...who's also one of the all time greats.

And its even more completely reasonable that 2 or more white republican donating owners spoke to each other about keeping him out of the league

I don't think it's 'more' reasonable. It's certainly possible. But it's a hell of a thing to just assume something like that, without proof.

[quote name="CrazedDogs" post="1119390" timestamp=

I don't think it's 'more' reasonable. It's certainly possible. But it's a hell of a thing to just assume something like that, without proof.

thats what the lawsuit is for