SportsWrath

Strategy: Signing or Trader for Eli's Replacement

NeMesiS

I'm Collins biggest critic on here I think, but I mean the kid can make tackles.

The problem is EVERY strong safety in the NFL is now expected to make tackles and they usually end up leading if not coming in second for tackles for their squad.

The problem I have with Collins, he was once a complete safety, he could play the pass and run really well.

But for some reason, maybe just the defensive scheming, he's turned into a LB who can't cover any starting TE in the NFL (but what else is new with the Giants defence)

I just want to see the safety we need for this defence, in this 3-4 you need a safety you can play sideline to sidelines in both the pass and run.

I wanted Collins to be that guy, so far he is not.

Answer to what happened to Landon Collins is Curtis Riley.

Well the OL is the most important unit on the team, and the Eagles back up QB is on a level with the Giants starting QB, so if by 'far more talent' what you mean is the Giants have two guys who would start for the Eagles on offense, then yes, far more talent I guess.

Beckham and Barkley are amazing, but they're only two guys out of eleven.

Bingo. CD gets it. And our talent runs deep.

Bingo. CD gets it. And our talent runs deep.

No he doesn't... when your OL is shit, no talent is going to have a chance in hell... when our OL held up, we saw many players shine... outside of Ertz, I wouldn't take anyone on your squad...

No he doesn't... when your OL is shit, no talent is going to have a chance in hell... when our OL held up, we saw many players shine... outside of Ertz, I wouldn't take anyone on your squad...

Now you're just being silly and stomping your feet. Tate made some clutch plays last weekend (on the dude you argued with me about 2 years ago Prince Anotgonnastopwithoutahold). He has great hands and his YAC is high it just took him a few weeks to acclimate and equilibrate into the offense. You wouldn't take Jeffries either huh? Goeddard? :laugh: GTFOH with that nonsense Nas.

Bring in Kapernick. He will come cheap too. And plus we could score some darling and brownie points for giving a good guy a fair chance. Then draft the following year. Its a win win situation.

The bobbleheads running the organization won't allow it.. I'm all for Kap but I'm not sure how much him staying away from the game for so long has affected his play..

It will go on for far longer than that

No it won't. I already stated that he's been out of the game for so long and no one should expect him to play at the level he was playing at. I think the Kap argument is now dead and has been dead for at least a year.

No it won't. I already stated that he's been out of the game for so long and no one should expect him to play at the level he was playing at. I think the Kap argument is now dead and has been dead for at least a year.

Well next time someone says it Ill tell them that nas says the issue is dead

I cant wait until kaepernick is 50 and people stop doing that

Right?

Dude is:

1. On the wrong side of 30.

2. Not very good even when he was "good."

3. Two years removed from football.

4. A potential weekly headache.

It's difficult to find the upside here, unless you want a Taysom Hill, Kordell Stewart, "come in for ten plays a game" type, and I'm honestly not even sure he'd be good at that.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister saw Eli in the airport this morning at 5am... at Spirit Air... that can mean only one thing, he is going to take a pay cut and he is pinching pennies

LOL, pretty safe bet the slack jawed yokel she saw at a Spirit Air terminal was not Eli Manning.

Spirit Air, good lord, why would he do that to himself.

$50 one way flight.. that's why.

yes, but…. have you ever subjected yourself to the hell of a bargain basement flight?

Last and only time I did it was Frontier.... and I learned, pay another $50, save yourself the misery. The only reason anybody else was on that flight is because they had either never flown Frontier before, or they couldn't afford to fly any other way.

yes, but…. have you ever subjected yourself to the hell of a bargain basement flight?

Last and only time I did it was Frontier.... and I learned, pay another $50, save yourself the misery. The only reason anybody else was on that flight is because they had either never flown Frontier before, or they couldn't afford to fly any other way.

Admittedy I never subject myself to flights cheap or otherwise... unless I absolutely have to.

Eagles are expected to pick up Foles 20 million dollar option in his contract.

Will probably be working on trade deals with other teams long before March.

Expected to get a first round pick at minimum.

You really think theyll get a first? ESPN said a 3rd....