SportsWrath

You dont know how unbelievably pissed off this video makes me

BlueInCanada

DG seems like a hitler type control freak. It doesnt suit well with these new age superstars with ginormous egos.

OBJ was NEVER a cancer. He was just a publicity lightning rod. The dude never gave less than 100% every time he was on the field and motivated everyone around him. There isnt a single player in the NFL who says anything otherwise about OBJ - unlike Antonio Brown or Bell or TO etc.

This blue collar thing works in the trenches - but even the Pats needed Randy Moss, Ty Law, Bruschi, Gronk, Corey Dillon and a bevy of super stars to win. It wasnt like they won playing with chumps.

DG seems like a hitler type control freak. It doesnt suit well with these new age superstars with ginormous egos.

OBJ was NEVER a cancer. He was just a publicity lightning rod. The dude never gave less than 100% every time he was on the field and motivated everyone around him. There isnt a single player in the NFL who says anything otherwise about OBJ - unlike Antonio Brown or Bell or TO etc.

This blue collar thing works in the trenches - but even the Pats needed Randy Moss, Ty Law, Bruschi, Gronk, Corey Dillon and a bevy of super stars to win. It wasnt like they won playing with chumps.

I didnt say Chumps... aside from Moss who was in latter part of his career, all the guys you mentioned were B or B+ players....

I didnt say Chumps... aside from Moss who was in latter part of his career, all the guys you mentioned were B or B+ players....

what? Ty Law and Gronk are likely hall of famers. Dillon was for a time the best RB in the league (although, not by the time he got to the Patriots).

what? Ty Law and Gronk are likely hall of famers. Dillon was for a time the best RB in the league (although, not by the time he got to the Patriots).

How huge were Gronk and Laws contracts? I think OBJ trade was primarily driven by finances....

How huge were Gronk and Laws contracts? I think OBJ trade was primarily driven by finances....

I find this extremely hard to believe simply because this FO gave him the contract he signed.

It's not like there were any surprises in it they didn't know about lol

Or if they gave him the contract and didn't have the hindsight to work with future finances then it's an even bigger fuck up on the Giants end and I wouldn't have any faith in them doing a single thing right going forward if they have a hard time balancing the cap.

I find this extremely hard to believe simply because this FO gave him the contract he signed.

It's not like there were any surprises in it they didn't know about lol

Or if they gave him the contract and didn't have the hindsight to work with future finances then it's an even bigger fuck up on the Giants end and I wouldn't have any faith in them doing a single thing right going forward if they have a hard time balancing the cap.

Sometimes people have a change of heart... and looking at his contract, it was clear to the FO I would think that it would be detrimental to the team...

According to Cleveland, they never inquired about him. DG brought it up when they were talking about Vernon. Same story from SF, who said DG never came back to them. So, he was in such a hurry to get rid of OBJ, that he didn’t look for the best deal, just a deal.

According to Cleveland, they never inquired about him. DG brought it up when they were talking about Vernon. Same story from SF, who said DG never came back to them. So, he was in such a hurry to get rid of OBJ, that he didn’t look for the best deal, just a deal.

That sounds boneheaded. DG maybe is a bit too full of himself. Although SF said they weren't going to part with the #2 pick so I'm not sure what else they had in mind.

I don't know. I think both were paid at or near the top for their position. Any less than the most for Gronk would be a huge bargain.

I think you're right that money is a factor. But that can't be all of it, that deal was signed by that front office. I think something happened after the contract, it may have been the infamous interview, it may be something we'll never know about, but whatever it was made Gettleman think that Beckham was expendable.

Maybe he just took a look at the roster and realized he needed to cash in one of his few chips, because the team is nowhere close to competing.

According to Cleveland, they never inquired about him. DG brought it up when they were talking about Vernon. Same story from SF, who said DG never came back to them. So, he was in such a hurry to get rid of OBJ, that he didnt look for the best deal, just a deal.

Well I don't buy SFs story, it sounds like cya. They had ongoing discussions for weeks.

Well I don't buy SFs story, it sounds like cya. They had ongoing discussions for weeks.

Maybe, Lynch has been criticized quite a bit lately. What I got from th story is he never got a chance after cleveland made their offer.

DG could've shopped that offer a bit.

Its a no brainer to me. The Giants gave him all a team could give a single player. And the POS couldnt even say he wanted to be here when asked directly? He should have been talking about naming his first son after DG.

What do think that does for a locker room? Knowing your number one guy, the leader of your team, doesnt even want to be there? F that guy. Have fun in Cleveland, said no one. Ever.

I don't know. I think both were paid at or near the top for their position. Any less than the most for Gronk would be a huge bargain.

I think you're right that money is a factor. But that can't be all of it, that deal was signed by that front office. I think something happened after the contract, it may have been the infamous interview, it may be something we'll never know about, but whatever it was made Gettleman think that Beckham was expendable.

Maybe he just took a look at the roster and realized he needed to cash in one of his few chips, because the team is nowhere close to competing.

Admittedly I dont know anything about the Lil Wayne interview.

Also JayD.... OBJ wasnt a leader on the team. Just a highly paid skilled player.

Admittedly I dont know anything about the Lil Wayne interview.

Also JayD.... OBJ wasnt a leader on the team. Just a highly paid skilled player.

I was in agreement with most on the subject, till I saw that interview. Smh it was a train wreck.

He might not have wanted to be a leader, but I think its just natural that many of the other players looked up to him. Ive seen him many times trying to rally the troops on the sideline.

If they think he tanked those last 5 games with his little bruise then they really had no choice

This is some epic universal transcedental astral plane level horse dung. The dude was willing to play through injuries throughout his career. He would always always want to be on the field helping to win. Never a tanking type of guy or a quitter like when Moss tanked a couple games, or Chad Johnson refused to fight for plays when the Bengals were losing etc. OBJ was never any of that. Every single Giant is sad to see him go.

You give the guy love and then ship him off at the first given opportunity - and you want him to say - I REALLY WANTED TO BE IN NYC!!! Fuck that shit - he is human after all - he didnt say shit about the Giants or the GM or Eli or any of his team mates. Not one word. Thats way more classier than an AB or a Bell.

This is some epic universal transcedental astral plane level horse dung. The dude was willing to play through injuries throughout his career. He would always always want to be on the field helping to win. Never a tanking type of guy or a quitter like when Moss tanked a couple games, or Chad Johnson refused to fight for plays when the Bengals were losing etc. OBJ was never any of that. Every single Giant is sad to see him go.

You give the guy love and then ship him off at the first given opportunity - and you want him to say - I REALLY WANTED TO BE IN NYC!!! Fuck that shit - he is human after all - he didnt say shit about the Giants or the GM or Eli or any of his team mates. Not one word. Thats way more classier than an AB or a Bell.

That could all be true, or not. We arent behind the scenes and dont know, so we probably shouldnt be so sure one way or the other.