SportsWrath

sorry folks

Herc

David Wright has been on a tear for the last 2 weeks, raising his average 10 points, and knocking in 16 RBI during his recent streak.

yeah he's stepped it over a little bit over a recent tiny sample size, but post all star break hisnumbers are down across the board--especially his power numbers. if he continues the streak into the postseason then its a different story

you're right, i shouldn't write off the giants. maybe the mets will play them instead oft the dodgers

could be the Giants and Dodgers last series is to decide NL West or wildcard. What I saw of the Madres last nite failed to impress.

yeah he's stepped it over a little bit over a recent tiny sample size, but post all star break hisnumbers are down across the board--especially his power numbers. if he continues the streak into the postseason then its a different story

3 for 3 today, 2 RBI. Hitting like he was before the break. David is not a power hitter, but he is a run producer, and a good clutch hitter.

I don't think El Duque is getting a post-season start.

I'll bet my life he is, especially if they play San Diego. San Diego plays in a huge ballpark and El Duque is a fly ball pitcher. I don't want to see Trachsel anywhere near the postseason. Maine should be the 4th guy.

How about a career 9-3 postseason record with a 2.55 ERA?

how about the majority of those stats were earned before the 2001 season? he has one postseason win since and he got robbed and raped by the red sox in his last postseason start

he hasn't indicated that he hasn't gotten older and worse. last year his ERA was 5.12. 3 tough innings in one game doesn't erase that. and this year his era is 4.96. when the guy wins a postseason start at his age-range without playing for the ny yankees dynasty i'll be worried

I'll bet my life he is, especially if they play San Diego. San Diego plays in a huge ballpark and El Duque is a fly ball pitcher. I don't want to see Trachsel anywhere near the postseason. Maine should be the 4th guy.

I take back what I say after his start today... 7 great innings.

Trachsel will get a post season start, like it or not. The team just does well for him.

I believe Maine will make the roster in place of Roberto Hernandez and come out of the bullpen, because there is no way Willie doesn't start his 14-6 starter.

I take back what I say after his start today... 7 great innings.

Trachsel will get a post season start, like it or not. The team just does well for him.

I believe Maine will make the roster in place of Roberto Hernandez and come out of the bullpen, because there is no way Willie doesn't start his 14-6 starter.

What happens to Roberto?

how about the majority of those stats were earned before the 2001 season? he has one postseason win since and he got robbed and raped by the red sox in his last postseason start

Oh and David Wells is the David Wells of the mid-90s?? :confused:

he hasn't indicated that he hasn't gotten older and worse. last year his ERA was 5.12. 3 tough innings in one game doesn't erase that. and this year his era is 4.96. when the guy wins a postseason start at his age-range without playing for the ny yankees dynasty i'll be worried

If I didn't know better I might think this post was written about Wells.

If I didn't know better I might think this post was written about Wells.

i can't imagine why.

david wells pitched great in san diego as recently as 2004.

he pitched well in his one postseason start last season.

he also pitched great in the postseason for the yanks in 2003 until his last start against the marlins when his back went out.

he also hasn't had an ERA approaching 5.00 (like el duque did this season and last) since 1996.

and he's been lights out since he came off the DL this season.

i can't imagine why.

david wells pitched great in san diego as recently as 2004.

he pitched well in his one postseason start last season.

he also pitched great in the postseason for the yanks in 2003 until his last start against the marlins when his back went out.

he also hasn't had an ERA approaching 5.00 (like el duque did this season and last) since 1996.

and he's been lights out since he came off the DL this season.

Wells is a consistant pitcher. Great pick up for the Pads. The Dodgers should be kicking themselves for not getting him. He'll pay off huge down the line.