SportsWrath

Post your fantasy baseball teams here

Exit 117

You should probably include what # overall pick you had, and how many people are in the league. Also, Roto vs. H2H.

Team #1: GYC - 8 man - H2H - #2 overall

C1: Michael Barrett

C2: Jason Kendall

1B1: Albert Pujols

1B2: Adam Dunn

2B1: Brian Roberts

2B2: Robinson Cano

3B1: Miguel Cabrera

3B2: Morgan Ensberg

SS1: Jose Reyes

SS2: Bobby Crosby

OF1: Aaron Rowand

OF2: Milton Bradley

OF3: Willy Taveras

OF4: Torii Hunter

OF5: Rocco Baldelli

OF6: Mark Kotsay

UTIL: Mark Loretta

BN: Orlando Hudson

BN: Johnny Estrada

SP1: Dontrelle Willis

SP2: Carlos Zambrano

SP3: Barry Zito

SP4: Brett Myers

SP5: Jon Garland

P1: BJ Ryan

P2: Eric Gagne

P3: Ervin Santana

P4: Jeff Weaver

P5: Scott Kazmir

BN: Erik Bedard

Not too good of a team, really. I screwed it up and didn't draft OF until late, and missed closers.

Team #2: WhatWouldDWrightDo? - 11 man - Roto - #2 overall

C: Jason Varitek

1B: Jim Thome

2B: Chase Utley

3B: David Wright (yes, I used 2nd overall on him. it's a friendly league from school. and there was no way in hell he'd get back to me)

SS: Rafael Furcal

OF1: Andruw Jones

OF2: Adam Dunn

OF3: Pat Burrell

UTIL: Clint Barmes

BN: Mike Lowell

BN: Willy Taveras

BN: Michael Barrett

SP1: Brandon Webb

SP2: Jon Garland

RP1: BJ Ryan

RP2: Huston Street

P1: Tom Gordon

P2: Jeff Weaver

P3: Ryan Dempster

BN: Chris Young (VG knows about him ;) )

BN: Aaron Heilman

You should probably include what # overall pick you had, and how many people are in the league. Also, Roto vs. H2H.

Team #1: GYC - 8 man - H2H - #2 overall

C1: Michael Barrett

C2: Jason Kendall

1B1: Albert Pujols

1B2: Adam Dunn

2B1: Brian Roberts

2B2: Robinson Cano

3B1: Miguel Cabrera

3B2: Morgan Ensberg

SS1: Jose Reyes

SS2: Bobby Crosby

OF1: Aaron Rowand

OF2: Milton Bradley

OF3: Willy Taveras

OF4: Torii Hunter

OF5: Rocco Baldelli

OF6: Mark Kotsay

UTIL: Mark Loretta

BN: Orlando Hudson

BN: Johnny Estrada

SP1: Dontrelle Willis

SP2: Carlos Zambrano

SP3: Barry Zito

SP4: Brett Myers

SP5: Jon Garland

P1: BJ Ryan

P2: Eric Gagne

P3: Ervin Santana

P4: Jeff Weaver

P5: Scott Kazmir

BN: Erik Bedard

Not too good of a team, really. I screwed it up and didn't draft OF until late, and missed closers.

I feel like you drafted infield depth before drafting anything else. There is no reason to have gone after it so early...it's depth because it gives you depth...can't draft ten starting third basemen and expect to have a team. Anyway, you can play Dunn in the outfield which gives you some flexibility. Brian Roberts should miss the beginning of the season so Robinson Cano should make an adequate replacement for a bit. Orlando Hudson is a textbook case of great real player but poor fantasy player. Oh, wait, is this a league with eighteen starting players? That's outrageous? I take back what I said about your drafting, you have a great infield, but that is an insane format that I don't honestly support too much. In that case, yah, your outfield was neglected for a long time. You'll need another outfield because Baldelli may miss the beginning of the season but when he does come back expect 15/15 at least. Your outfield may surprise you with an average of 15/15 per player and at least 30-40 steals from Willy Taveras. It wouldn't hurt you to have an impact player there though. Good starting pitching but not spectacular. Your WHIP may be on the high side.

I feel like you drafted infield depth before drafting anything else. There is no reason to have gone after it so early...it's depth because it gives you depth...can't draft ten starting third basemen and expect to have a team. Anyway, you can play Dunn in the outfield which gives you some flexibility. Brian Roberts should miss the beginning of the season so Robinson Cano should make an adequate replacement for a bit. Orlando Hudson is a textbook case of great real player but poor fantasy player. Oh, wait, is this a league with eighteen starting players? That's outrageous? I take back what I said about your drafting, you have a great infield, but that is an insane format that I don't honestly support too much. In that case, yah, your outfield was neglected for a long time. You'll need another outfield because Baldelli may miss the beginning of the season but when he does come back expect 15/15 at least. Your outfield may surprise you with an average of 15/15 per player and at least 30-40 steals from Willy Taveras. It wouldn't hurt you to have an impact player there though. Good starting pitching but not spectacular. Your WHIP may be on the high side.

Yeah, I didn't catch on to the two of each IF position until 4 rounds into the draft. I wish I would have saw it before hand and tried to get it changed. Kinda weird. I guess I'm gonna try to work out some trades. Thought Roberts would be back at the end of Spring Training. Hmm...

Edit: I forgot about my waiver claims, which just went through.

Add: Chris Reitsma (saves)

Drop: Mark Loretta

Add: Emil Brown (impressive #'s for a Royal, plus is an OF)

Drop: Johnny Estrada

Team #2: WhatWouldDWrightDo? - 11 man - Roto - #2 overall

C: Jason Varitek

1B: Jim Thome

2B: Chase Utley

3B: David Wright (yes, I used 2nd overall on him. it's a friendly league from school. and there was no way in hell he'd get back to me)

SS: Rafael Furcal

OF1: Andruw Jones

OF2: Adam Dunn

OF3: Pat Burrell

UTIL: Clint Barmes

BN: Mike Lowell

BN: Willy Taveras

BN: Michael Barrett

SP1: Brandon Webb

SP2: Jon Garland

RP1: BJ Ryan

RP2: Huston Street

P1: Tom Gordon

P2: Jeff Weaver

P3: Ryan Dempster

BN: Chris Young (VG knows about him ;) )

BN: Aaron Heilman

Okay, this is a format I can deal with...**wipes brow** now let's get to it. You have a really strong infield (I'm sensing a pattern here), especially for an eleven team league. Your outfield will hit you about 100 HRs between the three, which I think is a good marker for how good an outfield is (HRs + SBs = at least 100) but the average is going to destroy you. Andruw Jones and Adam Dunn will be lucky to average out at .250 and Pat Burrell may has a .258 career average. I suggest you try spinning one of the three off for average and speed, sacrificing a little bit of power. Wright is a good second pick, all things considered, especially since some lists have him ranked above Miguel Cabrera. Your pitching is your weak spot though...Webb is a good pick, he'll surprise everybody, but he's not #1 starter material. Jon Garland is okay, Weaver is usually a league leader in quality starts...but he doesn't surpass much more than the 3 in 6 rule. Dempster and his 1.40 WHIP, I hope you got him with your last pick. Chris Young will do very well, good pick there, and Heilman is a coin flip. I assume that's a little favoritism pick right there? Decent team, very weak pitching, good relief corp....though Tom Gordon is not a safe pick at all, try packaging him with a SP for a stronger one or something. Lead someone to believe he's a safe pick while in actuality he's a year older, coming off of 80 innings pitched in back to back seasons, and pitching in a hitter's ballpark. Work on improving SP and team BA.

The reason I blew off pitching is because Kaz Matsui raked in more fantasy points than Dontrelle Willis in this league's scoring. Another fucked up league.

What are the categories? It's not worth winning all the hitting categories if you get 1s in all the pitching ones.

• 2 weeks later...

My first team, not the way I wanted to get my first draft but..

C Jose Molina

1b Jim Thome

2b Jorge Cantu

SS Jhonny Peralta

3b Hank Blalock

OF Manny Ramirez

OF Andruw Jones

OF Coco Crisp

Utility Travis Hafner

BN Pedro Feliz

Pitching

SP Buerhle

SP Schilling

RP Jenks

RP Wickman

P Duke

P Vazquez

P Chacin

BN Seo

BN Eaton

BN Towers

I'm not sold on Thome and I want to make a trade for a better 1b

What is expected of Towers btw?

idk but i took him too in the last round. i'm a lil upset with my pitching.

h2h-12 teams- #11 pick (sucks)

C

B. Molina

(Tor - C)

1B

T. Helton

(Col - 1B)

2B

J. Cantú

(TB - 2B,3B)

3B

S. Rolen

(StL - 3B)

SS

J. Uribe

(CWS - SS)

OF

B. Abreu

(Phi - OF)

OF

A. Jones

(Atl - OF)

OF

K. Mench

(Tex - OF)

Util

L. Overbay

(Tor - 1B)

BN

J. Lane

(Hou - OF)

BN

J. Kendall

(Oak - C)

BN

E. Hinske

(Tor - 1B)

SP

F. Hernández

(Sea - SP)

SP

J. Schmidt

(SF - SP)

RP

T. Hoffman

(SD - RP)

RP

S. Shields

(LAA - RP)

P

J. Garland

(CWS - SP)

P

L. Hernández

(Was - SP)

P

D. Báez

(LAD - RP)

BN

B. Radke

(Min - SP)

BN

J. Towers

(Tor - SP)

I had 3rd overall pick and there are 12 guys in my league :afro: :afro: :afro:

C A. Pierzynski

(CWS - C)

1B M. Teixeira

(Tex - 1B)

2B R. Belliard

(Cle - 2B)

3B A. Ramírez

(ChC - 3B)

SS J. Peralta

(Cle - SS)

OF A. Jones

(Atl - OF)

OF J. Francoeur

(Atl - OF)

OF M. Holliday

(Col - OF)

Util J. Gomes

(TB - OF)

BN J. Molina

(LAA - C)

Pitching

Pitchers

SP C. Zambrano

(ChC - SP)

SP Z. Duke

(Pit - SP)

RP E. Gagne

(LAD - RP)

RP D. Báez

(LAD - RP)

P J. Sosa

(Atl - SP,RP)

P S. Chacón

(NYY - SP)

P J. Westbrook

(Cle - SP)

BN G. Chacín

(Tor - SP)

BN J. Papelbon

(Bos - SP,RP)

BN C. Wang

(NYY - SP)

BN K. Farnsworth

(NYY - RP)

Here is mine in public league

C K. Johjima

1B J. Kent

2B T. Iguchi

3B T. Glaus

(

SS J. Peralta

(

OF C. Crawford

OF J. Bay

(

OF C. Lee

(

Util A. Béltre

BN L. Castillo

BN N. Swisher

BN J. Encarnación

(BN J. Jones

SP A. Pettitte

SP A. Burnett

RP Fr. Rodríguez

RP J. Sosa

P Z. Duke

P S. Chacón

P A. Small

BN A. Eaton

Here is mine in public league

C K. Johjima

1B J. Kent

2B T. Iguchi

3B T. Glaus

(

SS J. Peralta

(

OF C. Crawford

OF J. Bay

(

OF C. Lee

(

Util A. Béltre

BN L. Castillo

BN N. Swisher

BN J. Encarnación

(BN J. Jones

SP A. Pettitte

SP A. Burnett

RP Fr. Rodríguez

RP J. Sosa

P Z. Duke

P S. Chacón

P A. Small

BN A. Eaton

What a terrible team. that team is pathetic. i mean castillo on the bench but iguchi playing. your

man this is weird my cpu isnt workin. What a terrible team. that team is pathetic. i mean castillo on the bench but iguchi playing. your pitching is pathetic. i mean come on who takes aaron small the guy is 30 and just came up from the minors. who was your first pick carl crawford? chacon, small, and johjima went undrafted in my league with 12 people. bad team i wouldnt be surprised if you finish in the bottom 3 of your league. is wat i meant to put but it cut off idk y.

man this is weird my cpu isnt workin. What a terrible team. that team is pathetic. i mean castillo on the bench but iguchi playing. your pitching is pathetic. i mean come on who takes aaron small the guy is 30 and just came up from the minors. who was your first pick carl crawford? chacon, small, and johjima went undrafted in my league with 12 people. bad team i wouldnt be surprised if you finish in the bottom 3 of your league. is wat i meant to put but it cut off idk y.

It's not that bad. I wouldn't call it first place caliber but it is okay. Kohjima can do some nice things for him if he makes the proper transition into the majors from Japan. Kent has always been a decent player, can't see why he'd get bad all of a sudden now. Iguchi's a solid player, will get him some points. Glaus in that revamped lineup with the Blue Jays will probably do some good things, so that's a nice pick for third basemen. Pheralta's got excellent potential at SS and was great for me last year after I picked him up.

His OFs also have potential. He's going to get some very nice numbers out of Crawford and Bay is one of the up and coming stars in the league despite being with the Pirates. And Lee as we all know is an excellent power hitter and should only do better this season with guys like Rickie Weeks, Prince Fielder, etc batting around him. Oh yeah, if Beltre does with the Mariners like he did with the Dodgers two years ago, that's an excellent pick.

His pitchers aren't pathetic. They actually have talent. Burnett has yet to prove something but maybe he'll find himself in Toronto. Pettite was unbelievable down the stretch for the Astros and I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up right where he started. Francisco's a very good reliever. Jorge Sosa went 13-3 last year for the Braves so that was a steal for this team. Zach Duke is one of the up and coming star pitchers in the league. He's a lefty and went like 6-0 in his first six games before he got injured. He's going to be very good. Chacon will probably do just as good this year as he did last year and with the Yanks new lineup, that should be enough. Small confused me a bit because he could've gotten him on waivers. And despite pitching in a hitter's ballpark, Eaton is still a very good pitcher and should get some wins behind that excellent hitting staff.

So when I look at that team, I don't see where you get pathetic or terrible from.

It's not that bad. I wouldn't call it first place caliber but it is okay. Kohjima can do some nice things for him if he makes the proper transition into the majors from Japan. Kent has always been a decent player, can't see why he'd get bad all of a sudden now. Iguchi's a solid player, will get him some points. Glaus in that revamped lineup with the Blue Jays will probably do some good things, so that's a nice pick for third basemen. Pheralta's got excellent potential at SS and was great for me last year after I picked him up.

His OFs also have potential. He's going to get some very nice numbers out of Crawford and Bay is one of the up and coming stars in the league despite being with the Pirates. And Lee as we all know is an excellent power hitter and should only do better this season with guys like Rickie Weeks, Prince Fielder, etc batting around him. Oh yeah, if Beltre does with the Mariners like he did with the Dodgers two years ago, that's an excellent pick.

His pitchers aren't pathetic. They actually have talent. Burnett has yet to prove something but maybe he'll find himself in Toronto. Pettite was unbelievable down the stretch for the Astros and I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up right where he started. Francisco's a very good reliever. Jorge Sosa went 13-3 last year for the Braves so that was a steal for this team. Zach Duke is one of the up and coming star pitchers in the league. He's a lefty and went like 6-0 in his first six games before he got injured. He's going to be very good. Chacon will probably do just as good this year as he did last year and with the Yanks new lineup, that should be enough. Small confused me a bit because he could've gotten him on waivers. And despite pitching in a hitter's ballpark, Eaton is still a very good pitcher and should get some wins behind that excellent hitting staff.

So when I look at that team, I don't see where you get pathetic or terrible from.

maybe i overrexagerated but one thing you said alot was possibly, potential, stuff like that. his team isn't solid they can do good but it looks like its not gonna be hard to be a team of busts.

maybe i overrexagerated but one thing you said alot was possibly, potential, stuff like that. his team isn't solid they can do good but it looks like its not gonna be hard to be a team of busts.

It pretty much can go either way. The only things that we don't know are Johjima, Small, and Beltre. Other then that, the players on his team have done stuff in the past.

His 7-3 record with a 2.85 ERA with the Yankees full of quality starts says so.

i really like chacon. i mean i'm a yankee fan and even the day they got me be4 he pitched a game for the yankees i said he was gonna be good. he had a 3.87 ERA on the Rockies and with that ERA you can be succesful on the yankees. but i just think hes like aaron small (only better) you dont know what your gonna get. albert pujols you know your gonna get a huge season with a ton of hits and homeruns. but with some guys (chacon as one of them) you just dont know.

i really like chacon. i mean i'm a yankee fan and even the day they got me be4 he pitched a game for the yankees i said he was gonna be good. he had a 3.87 ERA on the Rockies and with that ERA you can be succesful on the yankees. but i just think hes like aaron small (only better) you dont know what your gonna get. albert pujols you know your gonna get a huge season with a ton of hits and homeruns. but with some guys (chacon as one of them) you just dont know.

That's what they said about Randy Johnson but he didn't do so great. Stottlemyre must have done some stuff with Chacon to make him more consistent. Ever since he arrived with the Yankees, he had the opposite situation where he had more command of his stuff when if anything when pitchers arrive there, they lose it a bit.

I can't say that Chacon will be great this year but I can see why he was drafted.

That's what they said about Randy Johnson but he didn't do so great. Stottlemyre must have done some stuff with Chacon to make him more consistent. Ever since he arrived with the Yankees, he had the opposite situation where he had more command of his stuff when if anything when pitchers arrive there, they lose it a bit.

I can't say that Chacon will be great this year but I can see why he was drafted.

ok i can agree with you there.

i picked up Small at the last pick of the draft.

Also, i screwed myself up, On the draft i put the I'm away button and the computer drafted Jeff kent instead of Carlos Delgado :furious:

In that case, then it's okay.

Yeah, never trust the computer.

My first team, not the way I wanted to get my first draft but..

C Jose Molina

1b Jim Thome

2b Jorge Cantu

SS Jhonny Peralta

3b Hank Blalock

OF Manny Ramirez

OF Andruw Jones

OF Coco Crisp

Utility Travis Hafner

BN Pedro Feliz

Pitching

SP Buerhle

SP Schilling

RP Jenks

RP Wickman

P Duke

P Vazquez

P Chacin

BN Seo

BN Eaton

BN Towers

I'm not sold on Thome and I want to make a trade for a better 1b

Acks, I've been away for a bit, and now I have to review every single person's team...just because I am me. Anyway, you have an excellent offensive team though it's not much for speed or average. You should expect an incredible amount of HRs and RBIs and Runs aplenty. Consider trading some power for speed or for a 20/20 type guy unless speed isn't part of your game. Run away from Jose Molina, drop him right away, he will NOT help your team. His .239 average won't help you and you'll be better off stashing his competitor, top catching prospect Jeff Mathis who will most likely become the starting catcher after Jose Molina falters. Until then, anybody but Jose, who is by far the worst of the Molina brothers. I don't know how many people are in your league or who is available but there's gotta be someone along the lines of Rod Barajas left or even Josh Willingham, an excellent offensive catcher for the Marlins who will start the season because of his offense but his defense is in question. Good job getting one of the top bench players possible. I look at these to bench guys to be the ones who play multiple positions and play well who would otherwise not be drafted. An ultimate example is one Chone Figgins. This year's class has Pedro Feliz, Ryan Freel, Bill Hall, Rob Mackowiac, and even someone like the possibly undrafted Nomar Garciaparra. Anyway, I'm not sold on your pitching. A good 1-2 punch that will give you a lot of innings and a decent number of strikeouts but after that, a lot of questions. Vazquez in another bandbox with Brandon McCarthy breathing down his next, Duke over a full season, Towers and Chacin in the stacked AL East, and Eaton, after a second half slump, in the AL Coors...eeps. Your closing situation isn't enviable either with Jenks holding onto the job by a thread and Wickman only getting older and fatter.