SportsWrath

Cabrera or Milledge

Ditto

You can't say that yet. No way can you come into conclusions about these two.

I didn't come to any conclusions, but did you read some of the opinions of your brethren about how ridulous this thread is? I don't care how much power Milledge has. I'll take hussle over lazy any day.

I didn't come to any conclusions, but did you read some of the opinions of your brethren about how ridulous this thread is? I don't care how much power Milledge has. I'll take hussle over lazy any day.

Yes you did. You said "Torre will never have to reprimand Melky for lack of hustle."

That's a conclusion if I ever saw one.

So if the Royals offered you Joe McEwing for Gary Sheffield you would bite huh nimwit?

You do realize Sheff is a man who admitted to throwing balls away in hopes of getting traded?

Milledge did not make a lazy play, he made a bone head play, his head was not in the game. No one said he is the sharpest tool in the shed. My guess is with 2 outs he runs as hard as ever from here on out.

By July 31st, I bet you Lastings gets traded.

His attitude fucking sucks, I stayed about an hour after the game on Friday to bullshit with a friend of mine

Kevin Millar, David Wright, Eli Marrero, Steve Traschel were all bullshitting with each other, Milledge

walks out of the Diamond Club lobby, see them and just starts watching ESPNNews which was on the T.V.

then when he was leaving 4 little kids came up to him for an autograph and he just passed them.

Dude, your a fucking rookie in this league, sign the autograph. I know David Wright did

he is one of the nicest players I have ever met.

I stayed after the game on saturday to have a book that I was reading signed by Omar Minaya

Milledge needed to have a car send AROUND the stadium to pick him up.

He has been in the leagues for 3 weeks and acts like his shit don't stink.

By July 31st, I bet you Lastings gets traded.

His attitude fucking sucks, I stayed about an hour after the game on Friday to bullshit with a friend of mine

Kevin Millar, David Wright, Eli Marrero, Steve Traschel were all bullshitting with each other, Milledge

walks out of the Diamond Club lobby, see them and just starts watching ESPNNews which was on the T.V.

then when he was leaving 4 little kids came up to him for an autograph and he just passed them.

Dude, your a fucking rookie in this league, sign the autograph. I know David Wright did

he is one of the nicest players I have ever met.

I stayed after the game on saturday to have a book that I was reading signed by Omar Minaya

Milledge needed to have a car send AROUND the stadium to pick him up.

He has been in the leagues for 3 weeks and acts like his shit don't stink.

they said Kazmir was traded because his attitude sucked, how did that one work out? :confused:

I think the kid is more passive and afraid of NY than most think, he is not the brightest watt in the bulb and I think that makes him come off the way he is.

they said Kazmir was traded because his attitude sucked, how did that one work out? :confused:

I think the kid is more passive and afraid of NY than most think, he is not the brightest watt in the bulb and I think that makes him come off the way he is.

There is no way the Mets trade Milledge; and Kazmir is the perfect example why not. Youth and controllable salaries are soooo valuable. One reason for the Mets success now and in the near future is a 500k each all star left side of the infield

"As is often the case when it comes to the Yankees and young players, Melky Cabrera was the talk of New York after hitting .318 in May. His spotty minor league track record and lack of power were being overlooked by optimistic fans, and after going 0-for-5 Monday, he's now hitting .169 in June.

Cabrera's overall batting average has plummeted to .244, and he has one homer and 15 RBIs in 36 games despite playing in one of baseball's most productive lineups and often hitting behind on-base machine Derek Jeter. He was lighting up Triple-A when the Yankees called him up last month, but his struggles shouldn't be a surprise when he came into this season with a measly .748 OPS in 326 career minor league games." - FOXSports

"Melky Cabrera, OF, Yankees

0-for-5, 3 K's; 4-for-29 during interleague play

Normally, a player like Cabrera, who had never topped 13 homers or 77 RBI in four previous professional seasons and is all of 21 years old, wouldn't warrant all that much fantasy appeal, especially not in mixed leagues. But he's a Yankee, a member of the great hype machine under the spotlight of New York, and his manager, Joe Torre, has only increased the attention on the rookie by batting him second in the lineup 13 times. Watch Cabrera play and it's clear he's a gritty, hard-working kid, the kind who brings great enthusiasm to the game. In his first 24 games after being promoted on May 9 to take the injured Gary Sheffield's spot on the roster, Cabrera batted .295, drove in 12 runs, scored 16 runs, drew 12 walks and played reliable defense from both corner outfield spots. However, in 12 games since, Cabrera has batted .140 (6-for-43) with only one extra-base hit, that being his first major-league homer last Thursday against the Indians. He's doing a decent job getting on base, which is probably why Torre has him batting so high in the lineup, but Cabrera isn't quite the kind of player who should be in as prominent role as he is. He's really a Ricky Ledee fourth-outfielder type at this stage, except with a little more grittiness and more consistent playing time. The latter, incidentally, might not be the case forever, especially if Cabrera doesn't improve his batting average (now .244). These Yankees won't stick with that kind of player forever, so enjoy the ride while it lasts, if it does much longer." - ESPN

"As is often the case when it comes to the Yankees and young players, Melky Cabrera was the talk of New York after hitting .318 in May. His spotty minor league track record and lack of power were being overlooked by optimistic fans, and after going 0-for-5 Monday, he's now hitting .169 in June.

Cabrera's overall batting average has plummeted to .244, and he has one homer and 15 RBIs in 36 games despite playing in one of baseball's most productive lineups and often hitting behind on-base machine Derek Jeter. He was lighting up Triple-A when the Yankees called him up last month, but his struggles shouldn't be a surprise when he came into this season with a measly .748 OPS in 326 career minor league games." - FOXSports

Normally, a player like Cabrera, who had never topped 13 homers or 77 RBI in four previous professional seasons and is all of 21 years old, wouldn't warrant all that much fantasy appeal, especially not in mixed leagues. But he's a Yankee, a member of the great hype machine under the spotlight of New York, and his manager, Joe Torre, has only increased the attention on the rookie by batting him second in the lineup 13 times. Watch Cabrera play and it's clear he's a gritty, hard-working kid, the kind who brings great enthusiasm to the game. In his first 24 games after being promoted on May 9 to take the injured Gary Sheffield's spot on the roster, Cabrera batted .295, drove in 12 runs, scored 16 runs, drew 12 walks and played reliable defense from both corner outfield spots. However, in 12 games since, Cabrera has batted .140 (6-for-43) with only one extra-base hit, that being his first major-league homer last Thursday against the Indians. He's doing a decent job getting on base, which is probably why Torre has him batting so high in the lineup, but Cabrera isn't quite the kind of player who should be in as prominent role as he is. He's really a Ricky Ledee fourth-outfielder type at this stage, except with a little more grittiness and more consistent playing time. The latter, incidentally, might not be the case forever, especially if Cabrera doesn't improve his batting average (now .244). These Yankees won't stick with that kind of player forever, so enjoy the ride while it lasts, if it does much longer." - ESPN

hogwash, he is much more proven in the majors then Milledge. :LMAO:

• 3 weeks later...
Years ago, the dispute was between Mantle and Mays. Now it'll be Cabrera and Milledge for awhile. Natch, being a Yankee fan, I'm picking Cabrera, at least for the next couple of years.

There's not a huge body of work to judge Milledge by, and Cabrera has played an impressive outfield lately, but he does look clumsy at times. I'm picking Milledge of course!!! :rock:

Remember when they used to compare Jeter with Rey Ordonez. Everyone used to say that the Mets had the better prospect at shortstop than the Yankees. Look how that one turned out. The point I'm trying to make is that Lastings is a better prospect than Melky as of right now, and he is a better player. But, with that said both are very young and are still developing. Melky's stock and confidence are rising, so don't be so sure that Milly will be the better player, only time will tell. Who knows he may end up to be another Rey and Melky with some Yankee pride driving him to play the best he can will become great, just like Jeter did.

Hopefully he'll end up with the Marlins and we'll be starting Pedro, Glavine and Willis in the first 3 games of the playoffs.

For all you Mets' fans and funny thinking Yankee fans who insist Milledge is better, go to the Mets sector and read 420's thread. Torre will never have to reprimand Melky for lack of hustle.

What does hustle have to do with being the better player? Vlad Guerrero is notorious for not running out grounders. Is Melky better than him too?

I don't really range far out of the hockey section here, that is not to say that I don't read what people say but I felt that I would have to respond to this topic so here I go. I am a Yankee fan born and raised I think that only time will tell who is better between the two of them. In response to one of the things said about Billy Bean taking Lastings staright up for Zito but he would not take Melky staright up for Zito that has as much to with hype as anything Lastings has been hyped up alot and for acouple of years Melky has not, if you remember back in 2004 when the Yankees were making a hard hard push for Randy Johnson they sent Robinson Cano up from AA to AAA so the D-Backs scouts could see him play and they came back saying that he was major league ready talent and that he would be a decent player at best but yet through the same amount of games he has comparable stats to Derek Jeter who is a first ballot hall of famer. To the person who said "milledge has already had a huge homerun and an incredible assist on a throw to 3rd from RF, and he's had way less at bats. milledge has a much higher ceiling" I guess we don't watch Yankee games do we? I guess Melky's catch against the Red Sox didn't mean anything I guess his 4rbi game against the sox in boston doesn't mean anything he has done more for the Yankees against the Red Sox than Alex Rodriguez has done. Yes Melky has had alot more at bats than Lastings but that does not change the fact that Lastings has struck out 23 times in his 86 AB but yet Melky has had 200 AB and struck out less times. Only time will tell who is better I am not taking anything away from Lastings he is going to be a hell of a player but so will Melky and if you can't see it than all those wins have gone to your head.

Are you serious but you will hang your hat on lastings 233 batting average? and can you tell the nice folks what Melky has done recently? or no

I don't really range far out of the hockey section here, that is not to say that I don't read what people say but I felt that I would have to respond to this topic so here I go. I am a Yankee fan born and raised I think that only time will tell who is better between the two of them. In response to one of the things said about Billy Bean taking Lastings staright up for Zito but he would not take Melky staright up for Zito that has as much to with hype as anything Lastings has been hyped up alot and for acouple of years Melky has not, if you remember back in 2004 when the Yankees were making a hard hard push for Randy Johnson they sent Robinson Cano up from AA to AAA so the D-Backs scouts could see him play and they came back saying that he was major league ready talent and that he would be a decent player at best but yet through the same amount of games he has comparable stats to Derek Jeter who is a first ballot hall of famer. To the person who said "milledge has already had a huge homerun and an incredible assist on a throw to 3rd from RF, and he's had way less at bats. milledge has a much higher ceiling" I guess we don't watch Yankee games do we? I guess Melky's catch against the Red Sox didn't mean anything I guess his 4rbi game against the sox in boston doesn't mean anything he has done more for the Yankees against the Red Sox than Alex Rodriguez has done. Yes Melky has had alot more at bats than Lastings but that does not change the fact that Lastings has struck out 23 times in his 86 AB but yet Melky has had 200 AB and struck out less times. Only time will tell who is better I am not taking anything away from Lastings he is going to be a hell of a player but so will Melky and if you can't see it than all those wins have gone to your head.

:worshippy:

well said

:clap:

• 1 month later...
Hey Met Homers, care to answer this question again. :LMAO:

Yes, Milledge. He is 21 yrs old hitting in the hardest spot in the lineup: 8th. Unlike the AL with the douchiest rule in the world (the Dh) players can struggle in that position. Milledge doesn't have the luxery of batting 9th and being protected by a leadoff hitter. As for his defense, it is the first time he is ever playing a corner outfield position, there was bound to be a learning curve.

So, I don't know what you're laughing about.

Yes, Milledge. He is 21 yrs old hitting in the hardest spot in the lineup: 8th. Unlike the AL with the douchiest rule in the world (the Dh) players can struggle in that position. Milledge doesn't have the luxery of batting 9th and being protected by a leadoff hitter. As for his defense, it is the first time he is ever playing a corner outfield position, there was bound to be a learning curve.

i don't know a great deal about milledge, but switching from center to a corner outfield spot shouldn't be a great problem. Goiong from left or right to center would be difficult, but not vice versa, he has alot less space to cover and has the foul line to protext him.

As for batting, again i havn't seen him bat all year so i really can't comment.

Keep telling yourself that, homer.