SportsWrath

Knicks and Magic close to a trade that would bring Stevie Francis to NY

Goliath

You laugh, but imagine the team as it is now AND with K-Mart back...you're going to tell me that with him (or someone like him), Kidd, Carter, RJ, etc. that the Nets wouldn't go from being a really good team to an elite one?

Really good, maybe....able to compete with the Pistons, Spurs, Mavs or Suns (with Amare), NO! Plus, if they get K-Mart, they'd have to lose someone. Regardless, the Knicks are the worst team in the league, I can't even continue talking basketball.

Edited by Lilceas

Rally good, yes....able to compete with the Pistons, Spurs, Mavs or Suns (with Amare), NO! Plus, if they get K-Mart, they'd have to lose someone. Regardless, the Knicks are the worst team in the league, I can't even continue talking basketball.

They're ALREADY a really good team, smart guy, but I'd admit not quite elite...although not far from being that...the only thing I can agree with you on is that last sentence.

They're ALREADY a really good team, smart guy, but I'd admit not quite elite...although not far from being that...the only thing I can agree with you on is that last sentence.

You know the NBA is in a sad state when fans think 29-23 is "really" good.

You know the NBA is in a sad state when fans think 29-23 is "really" good.

I wasn't merely talking about their record as being indicative of how good they are, I mean the talent on the court....unfortunately, it seems the Nets get befuddled on the road, yet are awesome at home....if they can correct whatever it is that makes them play so differently away, their record would be more consistant with how good they actually are.

I wasn't merely talking about their record as being indicative of how good they are, I mean the talent on the court....unfortunately, it seems the Nets get befuddled on the road, yet are awesome at home....if they can correct whatever it is that makes them play so differently away, their record would be more consistant with how good they actually are.

Dude, they have a 29-23 record and get to play the Atlantic division. They're toast come playoff time. I just hope when they move to BK they have a cool logo.

Dude, they have a 29-23 record and get to play the Atlantic division. They're toast come playoff time. I just hope when they move to BK they have a cool logo.

To be honest, I'll probably stop watching the NBA when that happens...I can't stand Jay-Z and it sucks that NJ will be losing 50% of its named professional sports franchises.

:lol:

The Nets were in 2 finals with Kenyon Martin, haven't been there since without him. Do the math! It's the worst mistake they've made in a long time. You can't play half court basketball without a decent power forward and the playoffs is half court basketball.

To be honest, I'll probably stop watching the NBA when that happens...I can't stand Jay-Z and it sucks that NJ will be losing 50% of its named professional sports franchises.

The Nets moving to Brooklyn will be the best thing to happen to them. New Jersey doesn't give a shit about them. Brooklynites will show up, people are jumping ship on the Knicks in droves.

Jersey people care only for the Devils and even then god help the devils if they ever have a real bad season.

The Nets were in 2 finals with Kenyon Martin, haven't been there since without him. Do the math! It's the worst mistake they've made in a long time. You can't play half court basketball without a decent power forward and the playoffs is half court basketball.

Don't forget, though, that events probably wouldn't have happened for us to get Vince if the K-Mart debacle hadn't happened...however, it'd be nice to reacquire him at this point and keep the rest...he could replace Collins.

Nets have Moose Number 1 pick playing in Europe...Thorn is a genius...the problem sorry diggitty is they have no home court just a bunch of lame duck fans..Nets may have to wait for Brooklyn to win it all...maybe get Telfair to replace Kidd...but they are classy and Bklyn will be great....versus the Manhattan Knicks? :P

Don't forget, though, that events probably wouldn't have happened for us to get Vince if the K-Mart debacle hadn't happened...however, it'd be nice to reacquire him at this point and keep the rest...he could replace Collins.

Yeah but the Nets never bother with Carter if Kidd doesn't start talking about trades because the franchise doesn't look like it wants to compete after letting K-Mart go. Ratner wanted to lower payroll but he turned tail when his franchise man was unhappy, which is when they committed to Carter.

Yeah but the Nets never bother with Carter if Kidd doesn't start talking about trades because the franchise doesn't look like it wants to compete after letting K-Mart go. Ratner wanted to lower payroll but he turned tail when his franchise man was unhappy, which is when they committed to Carter.

Never bother with Carter? How about Jefferson also? They would've been in Knickland on CAP!!

Please Rod Thorn and Ratner did not want to lower payroll they have a consortium of Owners including Jay Z..who didn't want to fork up 28 million up front for KMart their first year...totally understandable and it did facilitate getting Carter and resign Jefferson.Plus we still have the Clips 1 for next year though they are better. Love to see the Knicks get KMarts contract.

Edited by Blader