SportsWrath

2006 MLB Predictions

Virginia Giant

I could have sworn someone on here started a predictions thread but i can't find it. I wanted to pin it. Oh well, lets do it again.

Key: W.C. = Wild Card

American League

A.L. East

This is a tough Division, 3 teams could be very close and any of the 3 could take the division and W.C.

Boston Redsox

New York Yankees W.C.

Toronto Blue Jays

Baltimore Orioles

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

A.L. Central

Chicago White Sox

Clevelend Indians

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

Kansas City Royals

[/color]A.L. West

Texas Rangers

Oakland Athletics

Los Angleles Andels of Aneheim

Seattle Mariners

National League

N.L. East

Atlanta Braves

New York Mets W.C.

Washington Nationals

Philadelphia Phillies

Florida Marlins

[/color]N.L. Central

ST. Louis Cardinals

Houston Astros

Chicago Cubs

Cincinatti Reds

Milwaukee Brewers

Pittsburge Pirates

N.L. West

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Diego Padres

san Francisco giants

Arizona Diomondbacks

Coloroda rockies

World Series

St. Louis Cardinals defeat Boston redsox

Simple as this...Yankees win 101 games and lose to a lesser team in the Divisional series. (Cleveland or Blue Jays)

ALCS: Oakland A's vs. Chicago White Sox

NLCS: St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Fransisco Giants

The World Series will be Oakland Athletics vs. St. Louis Cardinals...St. Louis wins.

A.L. East

New York Yankees .

Toronto Blue Jays

Boston Redsox- with all due respect to mickeef, i think red sox have fallen back a step.

Baltimore Orioles

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

A.L. Central

Chicago White Sox

Clevelend Indians-W.C.

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

Kansas City Royals

A.L. West

Oakland Athletics- I think the A's may be the best team in baseball

Texas Rangers-

Los Angleles Angels

Seattle Mariners

National League

N.L. East

Atlanta Braves

New York Mets W.C.

Washington Nationals

Philadelphia Phillies

Florida Marlins

N.L. Central

ST. Louis Cardinals

Houston Astros

Chicago Cubs

Cincinatti Reds

-

Milwaukee Brewers

Pittsburge Pirates

N.L. West

San Francisco Giants- If Barry plays 100 games, it won't even be a close race.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Arizona Diamondbacks

San Diego Padres- All due respect to midas, i don't understand how the moves they made made them any better.

Coloroda rockies

World Series

SF Giants over NY Yankees.

A.L. East

New York Yankees .

Toronto Blue Jays

Boston Redsox- with all due respect to mickeef, i think red sox have fallen back a step.

Baltimore Orioles

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

A.L. Central

Chicago White Sox

Clevelend Indians-W.C.

Detroit Tigers

Minnesota Twins

Kansas City Royals

A.L. West

Oakland Athletics- I think the A's may be the best team in baseball

Texas Rangers-

Los Angleles Angels

Seattle Mariners

National League

N.L. East

Atlanta Braves

New York Mets W.C.

Washington Nationals

Philadelphia Phillies

Florida Marlins

N.L. Central

ST. Louis Cardinals

Houston Astros

Chicago Cubs

Cincinatti Reds

-

Milwaukee Brewers

Pittsburge Pirates

N.L. West

San Francisco Giants- If Barry plays 100 games, it won't even be a close race.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Arizona Diamondbacks

San Diego Padres- All due respect to midas, i don't understand how the moves they made made them any better.

Coloroda rockies

World Series

SF Giants over NY Yankees.

:LMAO:

God you guys are so biased towards your teams.

I will do mine and will be unbiased

AL East

New York Yankees 101-61 y

Boston Redsox 98-64 x

Toronto Blue Jays 81-81

Tampa Bay Rays 73-89

Baltimore Orioles 71-91

AL Central

Chicago 98-64 y

Cleveland Indians 92-70

Minnesota Twins 85-77

Detroit Tigers 75-87

Kansas City Royals 66-96

AL West

LA Angles 96-66 y

Texas Rangers 89-73

Oakland A's 87-75

Seattle Mariners 69-93

NL East

New York Mets 94-68 y

Philadelphia Phillies 94-68 x

Atlanta Braves 90-72

Washington Nats 81-81

Florida Marlins 69-93

NL Central

St. Louis Cardinals 101-61 y

Houston Astros 88-74

Chicago Cubs 82-80

Cincinatti Reds 78-84

Pittsburgh Pirates 73-89

Milwaukee Brewers 71-91

NL West

San Diego Padres 84-78 y

San Francisco Giants 83-77

Arizona D'backs 78-84

LA Dodgers 74-88

Colorado Rockies 68-94

ALDS

New York vs. Boston

Chicago vs LA

ALCS

NY vs Chicago

AL Pennant - New York

NLDS

St. Louis vs Philadelphia

New York vs San Diego

NLCS

St. Louis vs. New York

NL Pennant - St. Louis

World Series

New York vs. St. Louis

Champions is St. Louis

Yah, I started a prediction thread, but it didn't get much love and somehow disappeared. Anyway, my predictions are as follows:

AL East - Boston Red Sox

AL Central - Cleveland Indians

AL West - Oakland Athletics

AL Wild Card - New York Yankees

NL East - New York Mets

NL Central - St. Louis Cardinals

NL West - Los Angeles Dodgers

NL Wild Card - Atlanta Braves

Red Sox and Yankees are evenly matched, so that's a coin toss. Their seasons will bank solely on injuries and comebacks. The AL Central is also extremely competitive, and though the Indians have slightly downgraded, they're also a year older and more mature and should be able to produce enough to compete. The White Sox still have the edge, but I see the Indians offense carrying them (including Belliard <_<). The Athletics is an easy pick with their jaw-dropping rotation of Zito, Harden, Haren, Blanton, and Loaiza - top 2 in the AL with the White Sox. With an improved offense and a (hopefully) healthy Frank Thomas, they should win easily.

As for the NL, the Mets are the best on paper and I can't go against them. I'm a fan of them, and I think that though their rotation has gone down, it won't go down to the level of the Phillies rotation. Their offense is incredible, carried by two Carlos' and a Wright brother. The Cardinals cannot be bet against, and though the Cubs and Brewers should put on pressure, the Brewers are a year or two away and the Cubs need a healthy Prior and Wood. The Dodgers and Giants will be close but this is merely a gut pick, and maybe a little bit of bias with the Red Sox connections on the team. I think the Braves, Cubs, and Dodgers/Giants will compete for this spot but the Braves have more weaker opponents to pick on with the Marlins, Phillies, and Nationals.

As for the playoffs, they cannot be predicted, for anything can happen in such a short series.

Yah, I started a prediction thread, but it didn't get much love and somehow disappeared. Anyway, my predictions are as follows:

AL East - Boston Red Sox

AL Central - Cleveland Indians

AL West - Oakland Athletics

AL Wild Card - New York Yankees

NL East - New York Mets

NL Central - St. Louis Cardinals

NL West - Los Angeles Dodgers

NL Wild Card - Atlanta Braves

Red Sox and Yankees are evenly matched, so that's a coin toss. Their seasons will bank solely on injuries and comebacks. The AL Central is also extremely competitive, and though the Indians have slightly downgraded, they're also a year older and more mature and should be able to produce enough to compete. The White Sox still have the edge, but I see the Indians offense carrying them (including Belliard <_<). The Athletics is an easy pick with their jaw-dropping rotation of Zito, Harden, Haren, Blanton, and Loaiza - top 2 in the AL with the White Sox. With an improved offense and a (hopefully) healthy Frank Thomas, they should win easily.

As for the NL, the Mets are the best on paper and I can't go against them. I'm a fan of them, and I think that though their rotation has gone down, it won't go down to the level of the Phillies rotation. Their offense is incredible, carried by two Carlos' and a Wright brother. The Cardinals cannot be bet against, and though the Cubs and Brewers should put on pressure, the Brewers are a year or two away and the Cubs need a healthy Prior and Wood. The Dodgers and Giants will be close but this is merely a gut pick, and maybe a little bit of bias with the Red Sox connections on the team. I think the Braves, Cubs, and Dodgers/Giants will compete for this spot but the Braves have more weaker opponents to pick on with the Marlins, Phillies, and Nationals.

As for the playoffs, they cannot be predicted, for anything can happen in such a short series.

The same thing has been said about the Athletics for the past several years. "Oh the A;'s are awesome, they have a killer rotation, they're gonna win it all, blah blah blah." I swear they are the redskins of the MLB, great on paper, underperformers in real life. Watch Texas win the West this year, don't get me wrong I have doubts about a fdew spots, but all in all they're pitching is much improved, and if we are leading the West at the All star break, Rocket very well could come to Arlington for a title run.

I'm ready for the Yankees Vs. Dodgers World Series rivalry to continue.

So there you have it. Yankees in the AL, Dodgers in NL. All the rest is meaningless.

I guess you haven't looked at the Dodgers starting rotation.

Edited by blunatic

blunatic: ok, putting the giants ahead of the pads, understandable. dodgers, understandable (though less so), but the d-backs? that's just a slap in the face! personally i think the good moves and bad moves even out.

cameron for nady, good

mirabelli for loretta, bad bad bad

ramon hernandez out, piazza in. bad

eaton/otsuka out, young/gonzalez in, good.

anyway here are my predictions:

al east

yanks

sox

jays

o's

rays

al central

sox

indians--wc

twins

tigers

royals

al west

a's

angels

rangers

mariners

nl east

mets

braves-wc

phils

nats

marlins

nl central(if clemens plays for the stros)

cards

stros

pirates

cubs

brewers

reds

NL central (if clemens retires or goes to another team)

cards

pirates

cubs

stros

brewers

reds

NL West (if bonds is bonds and plays 120 games)

giants

pads

dodgers

d-backs

rockies

NL west (if bonds doens't play 120 games or has a sammy sosa-esque decline)

pads

giants

dodgers

d-backs

rockies

A's win world series over cards

there's no dominant team this year.

MVPs

AL- A-rod, Ortiz, Vlad, Manny

NL- Pujols, Bonds, Lee, Delgado

Cy Young

AL- Halladay, Hernandez, Santana, Harden

NL- Peavy, Clemens, Carpenter, Pedro

Yeah not great, but I have a feeling they're gonna suprise alot of us.

No way are they even close to being competative. I saw them in a 4 game series against the Marlins last year and they do not look good and are not going to be good for the next year or two. They need a lot of help. Look for the Giants or Padres to take the division.

The same thing has been said about the Athletics for the past several years. "Oh the A;'s are awesome, they have a killer rotation, they're gonna win it all, blah blah blah." I swear they are the redskins of the MLB, great on paper, underperformers in real life. Watch Texas win the West this year, don't get me wrong I have doubts about a fdew spots, but all in all they're pitching is much improved, and if we are leading the West at the All star break, Rocket very well could come to Arlington for a title run.

The A's are better this year than they've ever been. This is not a moneyball team. As Lorf, said, unbelievable rotation, great closer in Houston Street, fantastic defense (from 2ndbase to 3rd base, best d in baseball)

They are even prepared now to go far in the playoffs. The only weakness is Macha in the playoffs is iffy.

blunatic: ok, putting the giants ahead of the pads, understandable. dodgers, understandable (though less so), but the d-backs? that's just a slap in the face! personally i think the good moves and bad moves even out.

cameron for nady, good

mirabelli for loretta, bad bad bad

ramon hernandez out, piazza in. bad

eaton/otsuka out, young/gonzalez in, good.

I think AZ improved to a .500 ballclub, which means they have to get their wins from someone in the division, so I had to do it to keep it consistent.

Edited by blunatic

The A's are better this year than they've ever been. This is not a moneyball team. As Lorf, said, unbelievable rotation, great closer in Houston Street, fantastic defense (from 2ndbase to 3rd base, best d in baseball)

They are even prepared now to go far in the playoffs. The only weakness is Macha in the playoffs is iffy.

I think AZ improved to a .500 ballclub, which means they have to get their wins from someone in the division, so I had to do it to keep it consistent.

I understanbd they are not throwing money at players, but their expectations are always high. They may be better this year, but so is texas. I know 'm biased, but Texas will win the West this year.

I understanbd they are not throwing money at players, but their expectations are always high. They may be better this year, but so is texas. I know 'm biased, but Texas will win the West this year.

no i meant its not the A's of the past with a lot of 'on base percentage wins games' philosophy. they are built more traditional this year. Nothing wrong with thinking your team is going to win, spring is about eternal hope.