SportsWrath

Defensive Coordinator Prospects

Lughead

46-18, won the division all four years he was coach. Elway is a fool.

Yeah and you don't get to play the "I gave him all the weapons in the world" card when your biggest free agent signing had an even worse game than manning

Add Del Rio to the list of really nice defensive coaches flying around loose. Figure Fox is getting another HC job--erratic as he has been in his career (at least in Carolina), there's a lot to be said for a coach that got two franchises to the big game. 6 coaching spots, at least one (Jests) is going to try to salvage a QB with it's next coach, and two others are going to try for Fangio and Quinn. That will leave possibly 1 or 2 spots for Allen, Del Rio, Schwartz, and Smith. Assuming both spots are even seeking defense-oriented coaches who failed elsewhere.

Then there's Dick LeBeau, who might be worth signing for 1 or 2 years to groom the next DC. Assuming he doesn't croak in the meantime.

I'm not sure Spagnuolo or Johnson are the best choices under these circumstances.

Yeah and you don't get to play the "I gave him all the weapons in the world" card when your biggest free agent signing had an even worse game than manning

They should of kept DRC instead of getting Talib. Ware has been washed up. Also Woodyard was good and they missed him. I didn't understand everyone going ga ga over their offseason moves

Morris is out of the running. Rex is bringing Thurmond from the Jets to Buffalo for his DC, so Schwartz will be available. Hearing if they want Pepper it's just to be a positional guy, possibly Dline with Schwartz like he was last year. Schwartz and Spags are the two favorites, unless someone else emerges

I know I should kn ow this, but what D does Shwartz run? As in is his defense aggressive or Tampa 2 or what? He's the guy I'm hoping for just because he seems like a smug asshole, and our D needs an attitude adjustment.

I'm warming up to a reunion with Spags, but for me Schwartz is my front runner.

From Rotoworld:

Ravens DBs coach Steve Spagnuolo will interview for the Giants' defensive-coordinator vacancy on Wednesday.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger's Jordan Ranaan, Spagnuolo is the "frontrunner" to replace Perry Fewell, who was fired last Wednesday. Spags, of course, made his name as the G-Men's defensive coordinator, overseeing the unit that stymied the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.

I know I should kn ow this, but what D does Shwartz run? As in is his defense aggressive or Tampa 2 or what? He's the guy I'm hoping for just because he seems like a smug asshole, and our D needs an attitude adjustment.

Master motivator, press heavy agressive scheme

Schwartz runs a 46.

From Rotoworld:

Ravens DBs coach Steve Spagnuolo will interview for the Giants' defensive-coordinator vacancy on Wednesday.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger's Jordan Ranaan, Spagnuolo is the "frontrunner" to replace Perry Fewell, who was fired last Wednesday. Spags, of course, made his name as the G-Men's defensive coordinator, overseeing the unit that stymied the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII.

Saw this this morning....how can someone be a frontrunner prior to the interveiw? I think he's the guy with whom the Giants are most familiar given their history...but I don't see where he has an advantage necessarily over the others in this interview process.

Have to believe he'll get a head coach shot somewhere.

Yeah but San Fran is running a pretty weird club these days. They interviewed him, and I think a small handful of others, Fangio never got a second interview, but they won't let him talk to other teams.

Could be they hire someone in a week, all the good HC positions are gone, and Fangio gets pissed and makes so much noise he decides to leave.

Could also be we've already hired a DC by then. :/

Weird they promoted his DL assistant over him. Maybe he's actually a retard?

Del Rio's HC in Oakland now, so that's one more off the list.

No- Tomsula is a yes man who was there before Harbaugh. He was actually HC for a game when they fired Singletary. They want to rid themselves of all Harbaugh DNA. No one left but Rathman. Crazy fools.