SportsWrath

Fewell and Giants parting ways

jranieli

151356-large.jpg

I am looking for Balance an continuity

yanks-v-angels.jpg

HA HA I am Safe.....

giants-season.jpg

Whoa Wait a minute NOT SO FAST. I am not happy with the Defence finishing 8th last year and now 29th this year. I want to fire everybody.

fewellweb31s-2-web.jpg

Sorry Perry but your out of here.

fewell-100412.jpg

Durrrrrrr,

giants-tom-coughlinjpg-78a63cfe8a57744c.

Tom we are not going to offer you a contract extension this year. you have to play for your legacy your basically on the hot seat.

KgZFd.jpg

Tom+Coughlin+St+Louis+Rams+v+New+York+Gi

When you get a chance I would like to talk to you about something,.

1) Vic Fangio

2) Dennis Allen

3) Pepper Johnson

5) Jim Schwartz

Steve Spagnuolo

Mike Smith

Mike Nolan - ran the worse D in the league, would prefer Fewell back.

After reading THIS I am kinda pulling for him.

2013 showed that when you have a really smart, athletic MLB manning the middle of the field, Fewell's defense can work. People were hanging 40 points a game on us till Beason showed up... I don't think that was a coincidence.

The problem is, Beason is probably done... and athletic, genius MLBs don't just grow on trees.

Too much reading/reacting in Fewell's scheme and not enough "here's your gap, go attack it." We can surely do better.

And I think read/react causes injury as opposed to patrolling a gap.

2013 showed that when you have a really smart, athletic MLB manning the middle of the field, Fewell's defense can work. People were hanging 40 points a game on us till Beason showed up... I don't think that was a coincidence.

The problem is, Beason is probably done... and athletic, genius MLBs don't just grow on trees.

Too much reading/reacting in Fewell's scheme and not enough "here's your gap, go attack it." We can surely do better.

But they do hang from tree's

nigel-pavitt-monkey-hanging-from-a-tree-

:rolleyes: you go ahead and defend Teflon Tom.. I know if I sucked at my job 3 out of 4 years, I'd be without a job... hell I'm not even sure what you're arguing? Are you saying Coughlin fires deadbeats all the time? I wouldn't be surprised if the FO slipped out the previous article about Fewshit and Quinn and staying just to gage fan reaction... and they probably heard us loud and clear.

Continuity is what separates the Giants from teams like the Browns and Redskins. It's what makes this organization respectable every year. We may be in a rebuilding phase that was heavily botched by some poor drafts and an extreme over reliance on free agency, but we have to give the coaches a chance to succeed. Don't you think that would potentially draw the best candidates to New York, as well? Fewell was given his chance to succeed and he admittedly did not, not to the level expected out of the Giants anyway. Trust me, I was one of his biggest detractors when he was trotting out 3 safeties against the Colts (a few seasons ago, I believe it was Peyton's last healthy season with them) all game and they simply pounded the ball on the ground and destroyed us that way...it was Fewell's second regular season game and I was ready to show him the door then. He had several other mind boggling games but the defense showed flashes later in the season, JPP looked great, the team went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. The following season, the team won the Super Bowl. His defense has typically been good at rushing the quarterback, forcing turnovers, and holding opponents in the red zone, it was certainly worth giving him a couple more seasons. He probably was given a little bit too much rope in terms of the timing of his firing, but Coughlin brought up good points in his end of the season press interview. In my opinion, the Giants front office has failed the defensive side of the ball and it has resulted in a lack of playmakers on defense. No one on that side can make a play and you're right, Fewell's schemes aren't strong enough to cover a lack of personnel. Throw in injuries and Fewell had no shot. But to insinuate that Coughlin kept him around while oblivious to the fact that the Giants defense had to start playing better (because Coughlin likes yes-men, ass-kissers, no less) isn't right either.

151356-large.jpg

I am looking for Balance an continuity

yanks-v-angels.jpg

HA HA I am Safe.....

giants-season.jpg

Whoa Wait a minute NOT SO FAST. I am not happy with the Defence finishing 8th last year and now 29th this year. I want to fire everybody.

fewellweb31s-2-web.jpg

Sorry Perry but your out of here.

fewell-100412.jpg

Durrrrrrr,

giants-tom-coughlinjpg-78a63cfe8a57744c.

Tom we are not going to offer you a contract extension this year. you have to play for your legacy your basically on the hot seat.

KgZFd.jpg

Tom+Coughlin+St+Louis+Rams+v+New+York+Gi

When you get a chance I would like to talk to you about something,.

Last caption would better read "She (Fewell) meant nothing to me. You were always the one I wanted baby."

I think TC deserved another go.

Glad he switched gears at DC, I think bringing Spags back makes the most sense given the very small window of improvement that TC is getting from Mara.

Can't jerk around with on the job training for the DC.....I think they need someone who knows how to work the copier.

I'm fine with Teflon Tom staying around... Just can't take all the credit and none of the blame... Fewel was fired because the fans spoke out... Coughlin's track record isn't all that stellar when it comes to hiring and firing... to him firing means admitting fault... I know that line of thinking...

Continuity is what separates the Giants from teams like the Browns and Redskins. It's what makes this organization respectable every year. We may be in a rebuilding phase that was heavily botched by some poor drafts and an extreme over reliance on free agency, but we have to give the coaches a chance to succeed. Don't you think that would potentially draw the best candidates to New York, as well? Fewell was given his chance to succeed and he admittedly did not, not to the level expected out of the Giants anyway. Trust me, I was one of his biggest detractors when he was trotting out 3 safeties against the Colts (a few seasons ago, I believe it was Peyton's last healthy season with them) all game and they simply pounded the ball on the ground and destroyed us that way...it was Fewell's second regular season game and I was ready to show him the door then. He had several other mind boggling games but the defense showed flashes later in the season, JPP looked great, the team went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. The following season, the team won the Super Bowl. His defense has typically been good at rushing the quarterback, forcing turnovers, and holding opponents in the red zone, it was certainly worth giving him a couple more seasons. He probably was given a little bit too much rope in terms of the timing of his firing, but Coughlin brought up good points in his end of the season press interview. In my opinion, the Giants front office has failed the defensive side of the ball and it has resulted in a lack of playmakers on defense. No one on that side can make a play and you're right, Fewell's schemes aren't strong enough to cover a lack of personnel. Throw in injuries and Fewell had no shot. But to insinuate that Coughlin kept him around while oblivious to the fact that the Giants defense had to start playing better (because Coughlin likes yes-men, ass-kissers, no less) isn't right either.

Look... You're not telling me something I don't already know... I too value continuity... but where I differ is when you know something is functioning well below league standard for 3 out of 4 years, you need to identify the problem and fix that problem... Fewel sucks... this is not a knock against his persona I just don't want him as my DC.

Look... You're not telling me something I don't already know... I too value continuity... but where I differ is when you know something is functioning well below league standard for 3 out of 4 years, you need to identify the problem and fix that problem... Fewel sucks... this is not a knock against his persona I just don't want him as my DC.

But it was what, just last year his defense was 8th? All signs pointed to the players starting to grasp the system and fewell establishing himself. You have to give coaches a chance, sometimes several chances. You couldn't fire him last year...

But it was what, just last year his defense was 8th? All signs pointed to the players starting to grasp the system and fewell establishing himself. You have to give coaches a chance, sometimes several chances. You couldn't fire him last year...

That was an anomaly... 1 out of 4 his defense was good... I've seen enough... I'm sure you have too... not sure why you seem to be defending the guy... how many more 3 rushing the QB do you need to see? how many more "miscommunication" do you need?

That was an anomaly... 1 out of 4 his defense was good... I've seen enough... I'm sure you have too... not sure why you seem to be defending the guy... how many more 3 rushing the QB do you need to see? how many more "miscommunication" do you need?

I'm defending coughlin not perry. So you logically assume that it's possible that it took two years for the defensive scheme to gel as the third season saw success. I'm just saying that most teams give head coaches time to right the ship when they first start, it made sense for coughlin not to fire fewell last year

I remain convinced that if Nas owned this team, Giants fans would be flying planes and putting up billboards to sell the team.

We'd have a new head coach every year and every rookie would start every game ;)

Actually, I tend to agree with rookies at least seeing some rotational action from week 1 on.