SportsWrath

George is rolling in his grave

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Vernon fucking Wells??? what the fuck?

I really dot understand whats happening in the yankees front office. this is really bizarre. if casman was not behind this, he should quit.

they let swisher go, let martin go, wot sign players to more than 1 year deals..then they sign and trade for 2 of the worst players in baseball(Boesch and Wells). Taking on Wells for 2 years, and adding 13 million. that money could have been spent when there were good payers available. this is really fucked up..i cannot defend the moves this team has made recently.

Yankees have a chance to finish last in the division. Granted... you can be a .500 ball club and still finish last in the AL East.

Who can you say the Yankees are definitively better than in that division right now, though? Teixeira coming back and being what he used to be as a slugger would help greatly. That lineup is not very good and their pitching is not on par with the rest of the division right now after Sabathia.

This is setting up to be the worst season for the Yankees since the 80's.

Yankees will win 90+ games this year.

Nunez is gonna go crazy too. He'll smack 30 doubles and steak 30 bags on 15 HRs and hitting 330

Quote that and take it to the bank.

I would make a bet with you that he doesn't do all of those things but I know you'd just welch anyway.

Thats the one thing the Yankees still have osi, their Pitching is still very good... Old, yes, but good nonetheless. Theyre going to need to stay healthy, which is always a question with older players, but if they do, they will keep the Yankees in a lot of games

Yankees have the best pitching in the AL East,

I'd say that's a fact.

Out lineup in better then TB and Boston Fosho.

Well be fine.

Wrong, you realize that the Rays had one of the best statistical pitching staffs in the modern baseball era last year right? Fernando Rodney maybe the best season as a closer ever?

The reigning AL and NL Cy Young Award Winners are in the AL East, and neither are on the Yankees.

Blue Jays have R.A. Dickey, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, and Brandon Morrow one through four. Brandon Morrow is their 4th pitcher in their rotation, Osi. That's a guy with a sub 3.00 era last year. Rays have Price, Hellickson, Moore, Niemann, Cobb and Archer... they are deep, and even with their loss of Shields, they got much better defensively and offensively, even factoring the loss of BJ Upton in there as well.

But the Jays and Rays have the best pitching in the division, it's not very close, and it's probably in that order.

Wrong, you realize that the Rays had one of the best statistical pitching staffs in the modern baseball era last year right? Fernando Rodney maybe the best season as a closer ever?

The reigning AL and NL Cy Young Award Winners are in the AL East, and neither are on the Yankees.

Blue Jays have R.A. Dickey, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, and Brandon Morrow one through four. Brandon Morrow is their 4th pitcher in their rotation, Osi. That's a guy with a sub 3.00 era last year. Rays have Price, Hellickson, Moore, Niemann, Cobb and Archer... they are deep, and even with their loss of Shields, they got much better defensively and offensively, even factoring the loss of BJ Upton in there as well.

But the Jays and Rays have the best pitching in the division, it's not very close, and it's probably in that order.

Ill give you the Rays, but the Jays rotation is not better than the Yankees.

There isnt a man in baseball that will take RA Dickey over CC Sabathia..not one..ever.

Id argue that Dickey isnt as good as Kuroda or Pettitte.

One great season at 36 years old doesnt make him a world beater, Dickey is the most overated player in the game. His ERA should be at least a run, proably a rin and a half higher than last years.

Buhrle is not the same pitcher he was with the white sox, he is a decent 4

Morrow has great stuff, but has never put it all together..you talk about his ERA last year..but not his innings pitched...which was about 120.which sucks..badly.

Josh Johnson was a great pitcher...who knows what he is now.

Youre highly overrating the Jays pitching staff. Lots of question makrs in that rotation.

You make some good points but u are wrong about Dickey, and he's been good for more than just one year. And no doubt Sabathia is a horse, but there are plenty of questions, bigger ones, I'd say, with respect to the Yankees rotation after CC than in the Blue Jays rotation.

One could argue the Rays starters are better. (I think Yankees pitching starter bullpen is the best)

But the Jays pitching sucks. Only pitcher they have is Dickey and who knows how hell handle the AL.

Yankees will win 90+ games, calling it now.

Yeah dickey has had one good year and one great year... In his entire career... In the senior circuit... Which sucks. 7-8-9 are automatic outs in the nl. Not to mention dickey had that success in an extreme pitchers park. Guys hit check swing home runs in the skydome. Not to mention the other 60 games the ur jays will play in great hitters parks like Yankees stadium, Camden yards and Fenway.

4.25 era for the dickster is wishful thinking

Cleveland Indians vs. Texas Rangers for the pennant. ( if possible).

You have to figure maybe 2 wildcards will come from the AL west with 3 good teams and the astros in their division? I say all 3 get 90 wins. So the Yankees need to win their division to sniff a playoff round. Fat chance, I say.

I think you're underrating Dickey pretty heavily. 2.84, 3.28, and 2.73. Those are his numbers with the Mets. Obviously you have to expect regression after last year and the AL is definitely more difficult but I don't think he's suddenly going to turn into a pumpkin. The AL East isn't exactly murderers row anymore either.

He got knocked around good today. It's April though, and his two starts this year are nearly identical to his opening day start from last year and his third start in Atlanta. I'm pretty confident he'll iron out the kinks. Toronto might want to consider opening up the dome for him though when it gets warmer.

He got knocked around good today. It's April though, and his two starts this year are nearly identical to his opening day start from last year and his third start in Atlanta. I'm pretty confident he'll iron out the kinks. Toronto might want to consider opening up the dome for him though when it gets warmer.

Thats a Knuckleballer tho they can bitch two identical games with the same stuff . One game they will not even buy an out the other no one will be able to touch them. They can be very good pitchers but not some one i would ever pay top dollar for.