SportsWrath

10-step plan on how to fix the Giants

Nas

Here's what I'll give Flowers...if Flowers is flanked by B to A grade offensive lineman at LG, C, RG, and RT, I can live with that. I think he'll do better if he has better players around him (granted, that can be said for most OL).

What I'm trying to say is, I think we need to find at least three starting caliber OL this offseason. Easier said than done I know. If we can't fill all of those gaps next to Flowers, but can find a great LT, why not pursue it and potentially bump Flowers inside to Guard?

It is unrealistic the Giants could find, sign, or draft two starting offensive tackles so that they can afford to move Flowers inside to Guard.

Pugh is hard for me to evaluate. He seems to have better instincts for tackle, but lacks the physical talent to play there all the time.

He's almost a man without a position.

He's also a man that can't seem to stay on the field, unfortunately.

Though, that may work to our favor...since that may turn off other teams, and perhaps we can resign him to a cheap one year "prove it" deal. Same again with re-signing Fluker.

Pugh is hard for me to evaluate. He seems to have better instincts for tackle, but lacks the physical talent to play there all the time.

He's almost a man without a position.

Pugh is probably the best Olineman on the team.

But like Vendetta said, the guy just cant stay healthy as we all know.

In my mind Justin Pugh is an offensive tackle and clearly the best one on the roster. He was pegged as an NFL guard because of some physical measurables which I think is just flat out dumb. We have drafted guys with those measurables who can't play tackle and we have one who doesn't measure up who can. To me it means we are looking at the wrong measurables when we're drafting offensive linemen.

In my mind Justin Pugh is an offensive tackle and clearly the best one on the roster. He was pegged as an NFL guard because of some physical measurables which I think is just flat out dumb. We have drafted guys with those measurables who can't play tackle and we have one who doesn't measure up who can. To me it means we are looking at the wrong measurables when we're drafting offensive linemen.

Agreed on the stupid "measurables"...

Thats whats annoying. Jerrys contract is one of the few we can gain significant cap space on if we cut and we might be forced to keep him

I think we should cut DRC (savings of $6.5mm) Jerry ($2.4mm), Dwayne Harris ($2.4mm), That's $11mm in savings right there, and puts out 2018 free cap number up to $31mm.

I think we should cut DRC (savings of $6.5mm) Jerry ($2.4mm), Dwayne Harris ($2.4mm), That's $11mm in savings right there, and puts out 2018 free cap number up to $31mm.

DRC is a very solid corner and worth every penny.

He's a 3rd corner at best at this point. You want to pay a 3rd corner $8.5mm next year?

Probably... I think there are players who are under performing their contracts... DRC is our 2nd best corner at this point.

Its one of the few places we can save cap. If the gm/coach thinks they can retool and compete next year then they might keep him since Apple is such a question mark right now. If they are going to treat next year like a rebuilding year (not sure if thats gonna fly with Mara) then we should def cut all those guys you mentioned and probably Eli too.

Dwayne Harris was a mind boggling signing. In a league where there are no kick returns they paid millions for a dude who is pretty much solely a kick returner.

Theres been a big drop off since he went down and I agree the position is much less valuable. Point is, that #83 is awful