SportsWrath

Andrew Norwell

Nas

I don't think this is the time to panic... how did we go from QB, to RB, back to QB, and now Guard... we can only select one and it should be either the BPA or trade the fuck down and get more able bodies. It's not like we don't have a 2nd round and a 3rd round pick to fix the fucking OL... and it's not like there aren't any other FA that could be better than the cluster fuck we had at OL....

I agree! Barkley and Nelson are far and away the best two players in the draft. I favor Nelson but wouldn't quibble much with Barkley for exactly the reason you site: take the best player available. If he's gone, Nelson is the next best player.

I agree! Barkley and Nelson are far and away the best two players in the draft. I favor Nelson but wouldn't quibble much with Barkley for exactly the reason you site: take the best player available. If he's gone, Nelson is the next best player.

Nelson isn't even the best guard in the Draft let alone the best Olineman.

Nothing wrong with Chubb at 2. Get a cornerstone 3-4 end with the very small chance hes a bust. I like the security with that pick. We need a pass rusher Vernon and Pierre-Paul will become cap casualties by the time this team is even close to ready again.

I really don't see how it can be worse than last year... We had starters that wouldn't make it on college teams..

I dont see how you could think it will not be worse. There is nothing in FA, and the couple half way decent guys we had will be gone. Heck Pugh is gonna get paid like hes top 5 in the league. After the first round this draft class is very weak on offensive linemen. I dont see how anyone can think at this point that we will even have an average line, let alone a good one.

The only way is if Gettleman pulls serveral miracles in the draft, and signing undrafted players. If he only drafts linemen with every pick we will still only be looking one guy ready to play right now.

Last year I tried to pretend it was gonna work out. I told myself the line wont be too bad, and the wr talent would make up for a lack in the running game. Not this year my friend. There is no options left to put together a good line.

Nelson isn't even the best guard in the Draft let alone the best Olineman.

:huh:

I dont see how you could think it will not be worse. There is nothing in FA, and the couple half way decent guys we had will be gone. Heck Pugh is gonna get paid like hes top 5 in the league. After the first round this draft class is very weak on offensive linemen. I dont see how anyone can think at this point that we will even have an average line, let alone a good one.

The only way is if Gettleman pulls serveral miracles in the draft, and signing undrafted players. If he only drafts linemen with every pick we will still only be looking one guy ready to play right now.

Last year I tried to pretend it was gonna work out. I told myself the line wont be too bad, and the wr talent would make up for a lack in the running game. Not this year my friend. There is no options left to put together a good line.

Well think of it from a GM's perspective.. you only have so much cap... and there are only so many free agents... sometimes you just have to go with what you have... In my opinion there's a lot of overpaid/overvalued players in FA and the Giants just don't have the money...

How about this?

Josh Sitton on a three-year deal with a voidable third year.

Take a shot on Cameron Fleming on an incentive-laden deal.

Draft Nelson or trade down and take McGlinchy, or wait and nab Hernandez in the second.

I know all three probably aren't possible, but I'd take two of those or one at the least.

Oh no doubt Nas. It isn't anyone who is working for the team right now who is at fault. We are just stuck in a really bad situation that will bring the same results we had last year. Worse probably. This time Odell wont get hurt and we will win just enough games to stay out of the top 15 for the draft next year.

Oh no doubt Nas. It isn't anyone who is working for the team right now who is at fault. We are just stuck in a really bad situation that will bring the same results we had last year. Worse probably. This time Odell wont get hurt and we will win just enough games to stay out of the top 15 for the draft next year.

I'm not sure ODB will be the same player again.. it may take him 2 years to fully recover and that's barring further serious injuries... I'm afraid the injury he suffered is not one you really recover from at least not fully... the scar tissue build up alone will be a factor...

If we can somehow get the center from Baltimore or resign Pugh...take Nelson in the first...leaves us stuck with Flowers at RT...but I think they're positive steps.

What's the status of Brett Jones?

Jones is restricted...if someone signs him, we have opportunity to match. If we choose not to match, we get that team's 2nd rounder. Nobody signs him, he's ours for another year, becoming an unrestricted free agent next year.

Both Jones and the Baltimore center have been mentioned as being able to play guard. I wasn't looking at replacing Jones.