SportsWrath

I saw Denver lost.

Sephiroth

Dude holds the record for most playoff losses with 13, and has nine first-round eliminations.

Not great numbers for the "greatest QB of all time."

Agree... he is among the top 10 best QB's... probably comes in at just that number 10. But I would take any of the previous 9 over him. :P

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning wasn't exactly himself over the last month of the season, and it appears much of that can be attributed to a fairly significant injury.

While it was known that Manning was dealing with a thigh injury of some sort, it turns out he played through a torn quad for the final few games of the regular season and in Sunday's playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

LOL THERE IS THE EXCUSE.

I'm not saying its not legit, it's just... it's always something with that guy.

"I had no protection, I played with an injury, my receivers dropped passes, they CHEATED!"

After a while you want to hear less excuses and see more wins.

No doubt Peyton's legacy is in decline. It truly is to the point where while he's perhaps the greatest regular season QB of all time...you wonder how his HOF chances are being affected. I still think he gets in, but without another SB...is he a first ballot HOFer anymore?

While he may be, I think his postseason records at the very, very least, raise the question.

seriously? His regular season stats alone put him in on the first ballot.

Well, I think HOF has to do with overall career/legacy and there isn't a doubt in my mind that his postseason failures tarnish Peyton's career. At what point will he be more remembered for his postseason failures instead of his regular season success? My point is simply that his regular season is more and more being taken with a grain of salt.

Well, I think HOF has to do with overall career/legacy and there isn't a doubt in my mind that his postseason failures tarnish Peyton's career. At what point will he be more remembered for his postseason failures instead of his regular season success? My point is simply that his regular season is more and more being taken with a grain of salt.

Thats just you.

Marino was first ballot. So was Fouts. And neither of them have Peyton's post season results or regular season production.

Thats just you.

Marino was first ballot. So was Fouts. And neither of them have Peyton's post season results or regular season production.

I'm not saying he won't be a first ballot HOFer as I fully expect voters to elect him....I'm simply stating that as the postseason defeats add up, the shadow of doubt as to whether or not he SHOULD be a first ballot grows.