SportsWrath

Source: The #Giants are finalizing a four-year, $41 million extension with WR Sterling Shepard

Mr. P

I like Shepard but I see him as a possession receiver. Tate is a possession receiver with a previous history of YAC threat. I dont think Tate is that receiver now. So we have to slot possession receivers playing outside. Yikes. Better hope Coleman or a draft pick can win one-on-one against top corners.

You're right, what's that Webb guy up to? He's reasonable...

Wilson will command the highest salary of any NFL player right now... I've heard $34M per year... which will handicap this team... So not just do we have to pay thru the nose, we also give up 2 first round picks?? I say pick Wil Grier in the 2nd round this year or kick the can down the road to next year's draft where there are a few QB prospects that are worth it...

Wilson will command the highest salary of any NFL player right now... I've heard $34M per year... which will handicap this team... So not just do we have to pay thru the nose, we also give up 2 first round picks?? I say pick Wil Grier in the 2nd round this year or kick the can down the road to next year's draft where there are a few QB prospects that are worth it...

that's another way to look at it.

Is he really demanding that much money???

I read that somewhere... that it's int the $34M per year range.

If I thought the Giants were just a QB away I'd be all for it. Wilson is probably the best QB under 35 in the NFL.

As it stands, the difference from Eli to Wilson is probably much smaller than what could be upgraded if the two 1sts are used to rebuild the trenches.

Im not sure Eli is in the plans for the rebuild.

I don't think they consider it a rebuild. More like a reload.

Probably the right way to go about it too given the short length of the typical career. Turn arounds can happen quick, no sense throwing seasons away on a rebuild.

I don't think they consider it a rebuild. More like a reload.

Probably the right way to go about it too given the short length of the typical career. Turn arounds can happen quick, no sense throwing seasons away on a rebuild.

tomato tomato- My point is Eli probably wont be at the helm when the team is loaded. Its a tricky time- be open to opportunities while keeping the plan to enforce the trenches. And then theres the fact that we have no A player receiver.

tomato tomato- My point is Eli probably wont be at the helm when the team is loaded. Its a tricky time- be open to opportunities while keeping the plan to enforce the trenches. And then theres the fact that we have no A player receiver.

Theres only one correct pronunciation of tomato... and thats the former... I get your point though but Im not counting Eli out.