SportsWrath

Is Paplebon gay?

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Ah, the gay accusation. The last, desperate taunt of a humiliated fan base. Yeah, fine, he's gay, which is still less embarrasing than paying a billion and a half dollars and getting nothing for it. Or threatening to fire your manager in the middle of the playoffs. Or offering him an incentive laden, 40% reduction in salary even though he made the playoffs for 12 years in a row. Should I go on?

Ah, the gay accusation. The last, desperate taunt of a humiliated fan base. Yeah, fine, he's gay, which is still less embarrasing than paying a billion and a half dollars and getting nothing for it. Or threatening to fire your manager in the middle of the playoffs. Or offering him an incentive laden, 40% reduction in salary even though he made the playoffs for 12 years in a row. Should I go on?
ok Mick, you mean to tell me that if Gayathon Paplebon were on another team and did that homo erotic dance in his underwear you wouldnt have jokes or question his sexuality. Sure. That dance he did in his underwear made Liberace look like Charles Bronson. And how much did Boston spen on their team form 1918 to 2004? Your point is moot, how has every team spent since their last championship? The red sox have spent close to a billion too since 04 if you include the 250 million added this past offseason. And Torre deserved not to be retained, youre a fool if you think he deserved to come back at the same money.

ok Mick, you mean to tell me that if Gayathon Paplebon were on another team and did that homo erotic dance in his underwear you wouldnt have jokes or question his sexuality. Sure. That dance he did in his underwear made Liberace look like Charles Bronson. And how much did Boston spen on their team form 1918 to 2004? Your point is moot, how has every team spent since their last championship? The red sox have spent close to a billion too since 04 if you include the 250 million added this past offseason. And Torre deserved not to be retained, youre a fool if you think he deserved to come back at the same money.

river-dancing isn't gay- michael flatley used to get all kinds of tail.

Listen, I think that whole dancing thing was freakin' retarded. Looked like a guy who never drank too much in his life and got toasted on beer and champagne. But coming from a Yankee fan at this point in the season, it just sounds bitter.

As for Torre, make him an offer or don't make him an offer. What they did looked very petty. Every Yankee fan I know, to a man, whether they liked Torre in the end or not, thought the organization embarrassed itself by making him that offer.

And a billion dollars by the Sox since '04? You'd better check that math again. Not even close.

Listen, I think that whole dancing thing was freakin' retarded. Looked like a guy who never drank too much in his life and got toasted on beer and champagne. But coming from a Yankee fan at this point in the season, it just sounds bitter.

As for Torre, make him an offer or don't make him an offer. What they did looked very petty. Every Yankee fan I know, to a man, whether they liked Torre in the end or not, thought the organization embarrassed itself by making him that offer.

And a billion dollars by the Sox since '04? You'd better check that math again. Not even close.

Ok smart ass, what would the organization look like to a blow hard Sox fan like yourself if the organization didnt offer him squat? You people are fucking stupid. I'd like for you tell me now what a wonderful manager Francona is since he got you to two WS in 4 years. A wonderful guy like Francona wasn't getting flack at all from his teams' loyal fan base this season.

Ok smart ass, what would the organization look like to a blow hard Sox fan like yourself if the organization didnt offer him squat? You people are fucking stupid. I'd like for you tell me now what a wonderful manager Francona is since he got you to two WS in 4 years. A wonderful guy like Francona wasn't getting flack at all from his teams' loyal fan base this season.

dub- you actually are fine with the way the yankees handled torre? personally i was fine with the pay cut with incentives , but felt the 1 year contract was a big insult.

dub- you actually are fine with the way the yankees handled torre? personally i was fine with the pay cut with incentives , but felt the 1 year contract was a big insult.

I was. He was offered 2 mil more than any other manager in the league with incentives. He hasnt been out of the DS the last 2 years, has a colossal melt down on his record, lost the last 2 worlds series he was in. I think he did probably his best job this year, but things have to change. Sooner or later he has to be at fault for his teams failures. It was always Joe the great manager when the team fought back and accomplished something and it was always the team that took the lumps when things went bad. That offer was more a "thanks fro the memories Joe" offer anyway. They knew he wouldn't accept, but they cant just show him the door and say see ya. Baseball has changed and I dont think he is right for the Yankees anymore.

Although I agree with DUB that it was probably time for Torre to exit, there are a few things that he did so well I would be worried about replacing, combined with the recent things that have come out, such as the Yanks nickle and diming players over room service(in Sundays NY DAILY NEWS). Other managers that have issues from time to time with people(like Randy Levine)may have brought this to light. Torre kept everything in house and never was bothered by the circus around him and some of his players, most notably AROD.

Red Sox

2007 $ 143,123,714

2006 $ 120,099,824

2005 $ 123,505,125

2004 $ 127,298,500

Total $ 514,027,163

Yankees

2007 $ 195,229,045

2006 $ 194,663,079

2005 $ 208,306,817

2004 $ 184,193,950

Total $ 782,392,891

**coughcough** These Stats from CBS Sports seem to think differently. And excuse me, 250 million added this offseason? I believe that you're mistaking us for those lovable Chicago Cubs. Even if you add Matsuzaka's 51.1 million dollar posting fee, the Red Sox would still be flyin' significantly lower than the Yankees at 565 million in four years. How much do you think Torre's absence with your attempts to resign Rivera, Pettite, and Posada? Is an extra two million worth losing some key players who loved that prune faced man? I guess it depends on if the Yankees are fully committed to this youth movement, but it's always hard to bring players to New York who can play and those are some high demand positions.

You people are fucking stupid. I'd like for you tell me now what a wonderful manager Francona is since he got you to two WS in 4 years. A wonderful guy like Francona wasn't getting flack at all from his teams' loyal fan base this season.

And Dub, where the hell did Francona come in? Of course he's gonna get flack, every manager does...how does this relate to your argument over Torre? Managers get judged on how well they're playing with usually a hint of past experience tossed in. When Francona was getting said flack, he probably deserved it, just as he deserves praise now for bringing the Red Sox back to the World Series.

And Dub, where the hell did Francona come in? Of course he's gonna get flack, every manager does...how does this relate to your argument over Torre? Managers get judged on how well they're playing with usually a hint of past experience tossed in. When Francona was getting said flack, he probably deserved it, just as he deserves praise now for bringing the Red Sox back to the World Series.

Because the Red Sox fairy fan is saying every Yanks fan thought the franchise embarrassed itself by the Torre ordeal. First of all, he isnt a fan so he needs shut his cock hole and he is going to act like the Godly Red Sox fans would never act like that. He is full shit, again.

Red Sox

2007 $ 143,123,714

2006 $ 120,099,824

2005 $ 123,505,125

2004 $ 127,298,500

Total $ 514,027,163

Yankees

2007 $ 195,229,045

2006 $ 194,663,079

2005 $ 208,306,817

2004 $ 184,193,950

Total $ 782,392,891

**coughcough** These Stats from CBS Sports seem to think differently. And excuse me, 250 million added this offseason? I believe that you're mistaking us for those lovable Chicago Cubs. Even if you add Matsuzaka's 51.1 million dollar posting fee, the Red Sox would still be flyin' significantly lower than the Yankees at 565 million in four years. How much do you think Torre's absence with your attempts to resign Rivera, Pettite, and Posada? Is an extra two million worth losing some key players who loved that prune faced man? I guess it depends on if the Yankees are fully committed to this youth movement, but it's always hard to bring players to New York who can play and those are some high demand positions.

LotvP,

These stats, if taken as accurate, do not include the life of the current contracts. The statement you responded to was that the "Red Sox have spent about a billion since '04", not that the tally comes to a billion if you look at the payrolls for '04-'07. Include the carry forward for the current contracts.

Additionally, what the Yankees outdo the red sox on does not mean that the Red Sox do not spend an outsized amount. You are comparing yourself to the one team that out-spends you, not to all the other teams your payroll dwarfs.

The Red Sox are the highest payroll team to ever win a WS. No other comparisons are necessary if you want to discuss teams that "buy" WS, if such an outcome is possible, the Red SOx are the biggest offenders so far.

I don't know that Papelbohn is gay, he certainly isn't intimidating, he looks like a Downe syndrome female to me.

As far as i can see, he just won a big series with his team and he was celebrating. Although if A-Rod had done the same thing, I think people would be piling on him from botht the Red Sox and the Yankees fan bases.