SportsWrath

Mark DeRosa a Cardinal

Allstarjim

Mark DeRosa was traded by the Indians last night to the Cardinals. LINK

I really thought Derosa, hitting .270 with 13 HRs and 50 RBIs so far this year, would've been a good fit for the Mets. He plays 1B, 3B, and the corner outfield spots. All the Indians got for him was reliever Chris Perez and a player to be named, so that's one option off the table.

I think this team better get Huff.

Mark DeRosa was traded by the Indians last night to the Cardinals. LINK

I really thought Derosa, hitting .270 with 13 HRs and 50 RBIs so far this year, would've been a good fit for the Mets. He plays 1B, 3B, and the corner outfield spots. All the Indians got for him was reliever Chris Perez and a player to be named, so that's one option off the table.

I think this team better get Huff.

Why? The Mets will just suck with him as well.

Guys I hate to say it, we need to just sit back and let whatever happens happen. This team is a)not very good with or without their big players and b)has ZERo in terms of tradeable chips. Imo the best trade option might be Beltran. Its not even being pessimistic, because at this point what has happened to this team is ridiculous in terms of injuries its just how it is. I think the Mets have to concentrate on having the best arms and as athletic a team as they can have. Trading older guys for prospects, although not ideal for a 140 mil payroll team in a new ballpark is the longterm goal this franchise has to take.

Guys I hate to say it, we need to just sit back and let whatever happens happen. This team is a)not very good with or without their big players and b)has ZERo in terms of tradeable chips. Imo the best trade option might be Beltran. Its not even being pessimistic, because at this point what has happened to this team is ridiculous in terms of injuries its just how it is. I think the Mets have to concentrate on having the best arms and as athletic a team as they can have. Trading older guys for prospects, although not ideal for a 140 mil payroll team in a new ballpark is the longterm goal this franchise has to take.

The only deal I'd shed an eye to is the one the A's are allegedly looking for in Holliday. A proven OF and a prospect like the Teixera deal last year. Beane is supposedly a fan of Church and maybe would like a Dillon Gee type.

That's really the only headline deal I'd consider at this point. Otherwise I'm with you, I don't want to mortgage the future either.