SportsWrath

Mets (20-18) vs. Nationals (17-24)

RandolphScott

It's good to be a Met fan though :LMAO:

At least we have a minor league oh wait nevermind.

Disaster awaits, this team is just not that good.

On the bright side lets talk about the good stuff .................. ok done.

Philadelphia Phillies record on May 15th of last year: 19-20

Colorado Rockies record on May 15th of last year: 16-23

Chicago Cubs record on May 15th of last year: 18-19

Arizona Diamondbacks record on May 15th of last year: 21-19

NY Yankees record on May 15th of last year: 17-19

Los Angeles Angels record on May 15th of last year: 22-18

That's 4 out of the 8 playoff teams from last year that had a worse record than the Mets do right now. And two others have very similar records. Only the Red Sox and Cleveland Indians were playoff teams from last year that had excellent records on May 15th.

Is this rock bottom? Probably yes. Losing to a last place team's 6th or 7th starter called up from the Minor Leagues while not even able to push across a run? Embarrassing. It turns my stomach. It is not time to hit the panic button, it is time for these players to wake up and for Willie to do something about it. I have no substantial, logical reason to believe that will happen, but I just think it will happen. I believe this team will be playing in October. And yes, I am just as disgusted with what has taken place so far as the next guy. Pisses me off. But history tells me that shit happens and there is ample opportunity to recover from this, as long as the Mets WAKE THE F*** UP!

Pelfrey pitched a phenomenal game. We need that from him going forward.

God damn it stop with this glass half full shit and comparing the Mets to other teams records that made the playoffs. I am sure for every Rockies, Yanks and Phils records of 07 you could find last place garbage teams who had this record too, its completely irrelevant and has no bearin on this team one way or the other.

Here is what is relevant now. This is not a slump, this is not a bad stretch this is medicore baseball for 1 WHOLE year now. I have had enough of saying "this team is too talented" guess what? THEY ARE NOT and the stench of 2007 permeates throughout this team regardless of who they brought in. They are rotten to the core if you will and changing this core may be the only option to correct this rancidness.

I have read enough about turning points, exuses, injuries, bad luck etc. Bottom line is this, this is not an awful baseball team, but they are not the team that EVERYONE thinks they are and thats a good one. They are what they are, mediocre, when people start realizing this maybe the organization will as well and decide that things need to occure for this team to get better. Like I said, its not a stretch or a streak or a small sample now, its a year of this nonsense.

God damn it stop with this glass half full shit and comparing the Mets to other teams records that made the playoffs. I am sure for every Rockies, Yanks and Phils records of 07 you could find last place garbage teams who had this record too, its completely irrelevant and has no bearin on this team one way or the other.

Here is what is relevant now. This is not a slump, this is not a bad stretch this is medicore baseball for 1 WHOLE year now. I have had enough of saying "this team is too talented" guess what? THEY ARE NOT and the stench of 2007 permeates throughout this team regardless of who they brought in. They are rotten to the core if you will and changing this core may be the only option to correct this rancidness.

I have read enough about turning points, exuses, injuries, bad luck etc. Bottom line is this, this is not an awful baseball team, but they are not the team that EVERYONE thinks they are and thats a good one. They are what they are, mediocre, when people start realizing this maybe the organization will as well and decide that things need to occure for this team to get better. Like I said, its not a stretch or a streak or a small sample now, its a year of this nonsense.

As much as I hate to say this, I agree with xxi-xxv-xLii. This Mets team dissapoints me, and they aren't as good as everyone wants them to be. Hopefully, they don't look too bad against the Yankees this weekend. All I'm hoping for is one game with us on top. Just one.

I hate feeling this way after a game, this is getting as bad as last year. The Mets need a whole fucking overhaul and stuff like that. I want the Mets to get better, even if it means benching Reyes and firing Willie.

As much as I hate to say this, I agree with xxi-xxv-xLii. This Mets team dissapoints me, and they aren't as good as everyone wants them to be. Hopefully, they don't look too bad against the Yankees this weekend. All I'm hoping for is one game with us on top. Just one.

I hate feeling this way after a game, this is getting as bad as last year. The Mets need a whole fucking overhaul and stuff like that. I want the Mets to get better, even if it means benching Reyes and firing Willie.

The solution right now is not to bench Reyes. He is lost out there and needs to come out of this on his own. I wonder if Rick Downs is a available. After this series, Willie's is as close as ever to being fired. I do not believe he didn't do anything wrong today, but last night was a debacle. His players are giving up on him, or already have. He does not know how to manage a game.

I hear our single-A is stacked.

The whole farm system sucks. They are all around the same record besides Savannah who is 5 games below .500 at this point. We do have plenty of hitting and there is a lot of potential but there is absolutely no pitching for the exception of Muniz in New Orleans and Kunz in Binghamton.