SportsWrath

How does it feel to have a better team than the Yanks, Mets fans?

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Yeah I'm a bitter Yankee fan....let's just get that out of the way before everyone calls me out on it. I'm pissed the Yanks shit the bed this year. Now that that is over it's time for a little Mets bashing. Remeber all of those years when we were winning and you Met fans said "we were the best team money can buy"? Now look at yourselves........aren't you ashamed of yourselves?

Reyes (farm)

LoDuca (bought)

Beltran (bought)

Delgado (bought)

Wright (farm)

Floyd (bought)

Chavez (bought)

Green (bought)

Valentin (bought)

Glavine (bought)

Wagner (bought)

Pedro (bought)

Yeah, but starting in 1996 they won with mostly farm guys. Bernie, Jeter, Pettite, Mariano, Posada etc...

And Bernie, Mariano, Posada were all BOUGHT, too. Free agents to the highest bidders, just like Jose Reyes, Chien Mien Wang, Robinson Cano, etc.

Reyes (farm)

LoDuca (bought)

Beltran (bought)

Delgado (bought)

Wright (farm)

Floyd (bought)

Chavez (bought)

Green (bought)

Valentin (bought)

Glavine (bought)

Wagner (bought)

Pedro (bought)

LoDuca, Delgado and Green were all traded for.

Chavez? We picked him up on waivers after the Nationals released him.

Guest StrahansGap
And Bernie, Mariano, Posada were all BOUGHT, too. Free agents to the highest bidders, just like Jose Reyes, Chien Mien Wang, Robinson Cano, etc.

I don't think so. They were NOT bought. They were groomed through our farm system. In 1996 these were the following salaries:

Bernie $3,000,000

Jeter $130,000

Rivera $131,000

Posada $158,000

Pettite $195,000

Golfinkid...I'll give you Chavez, but the rest of those guys were traded for and have hefty salaries that SOMEBODY is paying for....or in other words......BOUGHT!

I don't think so. They were NOT bought. They were groomed through our farm system. In 1996 these were the following salaries:

Bernie $3,000,000

Jeter $130,000

Rivera $131,000

Posada $158,000

Pettite $195,000

Golfinkid...I'll give you Chavez, but the rest of those guys were traded for and have hefty salaries that SOMEBODY is paying for....or in other words......BOUGHT!

No Dickhead. Bought means out bidding every other team in the league in free agency, not giving up players on the farm for players who help you now. Stop being an asshole. This is why no one likes Yankee fans, cuz you are sore losers.

Yeah I'm a bitter Yankee fan....let's just get that out of the way before everyone calls me out on it. I'm pissed the Yanks shit the bed this year. Now that that is over it's time for a little Mets bashing. Remeber all of those years when we were winning and you Met fans said "we were the best team money can buy"? Now look at yourselves........aren't you ashamed of yourselves?

Reyes (farm)

LoDuca (bought)

Beltran (bought)

Delgado (bought)

Wright (farm)

Floyd (bought)

Chavez (bought)

Green (bought)

Valentin (bought)

Glavine (bought)

Wagner (bought)

Pedro (bought)

wait a second traded guys count as buys? So the development of farm players that made up those trades do not count?

If you factor in that thinking then the Yankees aside from Cano, Wang and Cabrera went 10 years with all buys aside from MO, Jeter, Posada, Bernie and Pettite. That would mean

ONeil (bought)

Tino (bought)

Brosius(bought)

Knoblauch(bought)

Cone(bought)

Wetteland(bought)

IMO when you say "bought" thats a player that YOUR TEAM OUTBID EVERYONE ELSE FOR, such as Beltran, Glavine, Pedro, Wagner. A guy aquired in a trade is not a bought player, someone elses salary dump maybe, but not a bought player.

No Dickhead. Bought means out bidding every other team in the league in free agency, not giving up players on the farm for players who help you now. Stop being an asshole. This is why no one likes Yankee fans, cuz you are sore losers.

:LMAO: SORE LOSERS...nice

I dont want to get into a fued with you gys, but the word sore needs not be applied to a Yanks fan. We will lose some... thats a given. And thats were I stop my argument.

:)

:LMAO: SORE LOSERS...nice

I dont want to get into a fued with you gys, but the word sore needs not be applied to a Yanks fan. We will lose some... thats a given. And thats were I stop my argument.

:)

Yankee fans this week were such sore losers that I saw a few bitch and moan about the way the rainout went.

You may not be one of them,but you have to admit the Yankee fans were quite cunty over this loss.

Guest StrahansGap

So!

TAGUCHI!!!!!!!

I consider it a great thing when Yankee fans are utterly bothered by the Mets success that they start threads like this. :TU:

Not to worry John STerling will be at a blacked out Yankee Stadium today practicing his Alexander the Great home run calls for all the April "A-bombs for A-Rod" :LMAO:

It's not a matter of how they are acquired, but the price that is paid.. We are still at $102,000,000, a considerable amount less than the $198,000,000 that can't get out of the division series.

but the yanks payroll was around your present one when yankee fans were bashed for buying championships

Guest StrahansGap

The 2006 New York Mets.....The Best Team Money Can Buy. How does it feel Met fans? We heard it for years and years, now it's time for YOU to hear it.

Guest StrahansGap

Sorry, but I don't give 2 shits about Corey Lidle. Shame on him for flying around Manhattan with no experience. As a matter of fact I heard a good joke about it: "You know A-Rod wasn't flying the plane because he couldn't hit anything"!

To come in here now talking about Buying championships is ridiculous.

Mets fans...Omar did start spending the money, you cannot argue that. It just seems that it's the nature of the beast in baseball...the good talent costs money, plain and simple.You can have some home-grown talent as well, but overall.....

..but to complain about spending money as a Yankee fan, can't do it. I can say what took you guys so long to start spending :TU:

To come in here now talking about Buying championships is ridiculous.

Mets fans...Omar did start spending the money, you cannot argue that. It just seems that it's the nature of the beast in baseball...the good talent costs money, plain and simple.You can have some home-grown talent as well, but overall.....

..but to complain about spending money as a Yankee fan, can't do it. I can say what took you guys so long to start spending :TU:

The Mets have been spending money for years, problem was it was never done properly, Bobby Bonilla, Bret Saberhagen, Eddie Murray, Vince Coleman, Mo Vaughn , Robbie Alomar, etc.

WHat the Mets have done is attempt to model what the mid 90's Yankees did, start with good homegrown talent(Reyes, Wright), sprinkle in a young superstar(Beltran), aquire some good vet all stars(Loduca, Delgado) and get veteran role players that will know their role and do the little things to win(Valentin, Chavez) and build a great bullpen. In fact I can argue that the Mets are still playing because they did what the Yanks use to do. Spend large market money wisely on a collection of players that make up a complete team.