SportsWrath

Jason Pierre-Paul to report back to Giants Tuesday, have hand re-examined by team doctors: sources

Mr. P

Jason Pierre-Paul is ready to take another shot at convincing the Giants he's ready to play.

The injured defensive end, who has been out of football since nearly blowing off his hand in a fireworks accident on July 4, is planning to travel to New Jersey on Tuesday to be re-examined by the Giants doctors, a source familiar with the situation confirmed. It will be his first time meeting with the team and being examined by their doctors since early September, when he tried to convince the team he was ready prior to Week 1.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, who first reported the meeting, also said that JPP had asked the Giants to have Nike make him a special glove for his injured hand, but the Giants declined his request since technically Pierre-Paul is not a Giant. He is a "franchise" free agent, since he has yet to sign his one-year, $14.8 million franchise tag.

When JPP met with the Giants in Sept., the Giants determined he was nowhere close to being ready to play, according to a team source, and the damage to his hand was worse than they expected. He is, of course, missing his right index finger, and his recovering from a fractured thumb and burns on his hand. He also reportedly is missing a small part of his middle finger.

The full extent of the damage was visible in exclusive photos obtained and published by the Daily News. Since then, JPP has posted several workout videos in an attempt to show he's ready for football, including one where he is doing bench presses with a towel on his right hand to help him lift.

More to come on this developing story ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/jpp-report-back-giants-hand-re-examined-sources-article-1.2401902?cid=bitly&utm_content=buffer541fa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=RVacchiano+Twitter

You know, maybe I'm a little paranoid, but if I had fresh skin grafts, the last place I'd be is anywhere near a spot where there is a chance there might be MRSA; unless I had to for treatment.

On the other hand...

thanks for pointing that out