SportsWrath

Shepard in concussion protocol.

BlueInCanada

I'd heard that at Tuesday's practice he was on the sidelines pretty coherent, and was laughing and joking around with his teammates.

EDIT: was hoping this meant it was not serious.

I think a concussion protocol you are pretty much guaranteed to miss a week unless it's deemed minor.

I'm not concerned, lets go through the process with Shepard since we just gave him a contract extension. Give other guys on the roster an opportunity to fill in and maybe find an answer for third down.

Pretty much this.

No point getting upset, concussions happen and with Tate gone till week 5, might as well just give the "boom or bust" players a chance.

I'm actually not expecting much drop off, the Bills strength if their secondary, they should target Engram 20+ times this game and give Barkley a lot of work.

Pretty much this.

No point getting upset, concussions happen and with Tate gone till week 5, might as well just give the "boom or bust" players a chance.

I'm actually not expecting much drop off, the Bills strength if their secondary, they should target Engram 20+ times this game and give Barkley a lot of work.

So, 16 carries this week?

Well shit.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853760-report-nfl-nflpa-investigating-possible-giants-concussion-protocol-violation

The NFL and the NFL Players Association are reviewing concussion protocol procedures after New York Giants receiver Sterling Shepard suffered a concussion against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 1 but was permitted to finish the game, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Shepard has been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.

During the third quarter of Sunday's season opener, Shepard collided with Cowboys cornerback Anthony Brown and fell to the ground. Though the 26-year-old wideout appeared to be shaken up, he was not removed from the game.

Smh that sucks. He is probably our best WR. Him and Jones seem to be on the same page as well, from what little we saw.

Did they say how long he is out?

I was hoping it wasnt the case but I believe a calf injury.

Shepard is the best WR as of now, however Jones has the chemistry with guys like Fowler and Shepard (the cheap one).