SportsWrath

Camp 2016

UK-Giantsfan

Ok ......so Training Camp is finally here !

What are you guys looking for most of all ? ( apart from a lack of injuries )

Will Cruz and JPP ever get back to be the players they once were ?

Can Apple look to contribute immediately ?

Is the O line good enough to keep Eli upright ?

Is Shephard a potential star in the making

Are rookies Perkins and Thompson as good as we hope they are ?

Can Kennard become a real playmaker ?

lots to look forward to

Go Giants

regards

UK

Seeing who the #2 WR will be. Seeing if our overall height (lack of) at WR will be a problem.

RT - enough said.

RB depth is reportedly good...seeing how it shakes out as far as starter and number of touches will be interesting.

Secondary - inclusion of new guys Apple and Thompson. It'll help if they constantly line up on OBJ, one of the best WR in the league.

D-Line - again, a couple new faces...just want to see some consistency and some cohesiveness as they recognize each other's strengths.

Overall, the lack in sheer practice time concerns me in that we have quite a few new guys to work into the mix. The good teams have guys who work well together, not just play their individual parts. I think our guys are good enough to play well individually, but it's that in-between stuff that makes the difference. One guy has his island in good shape while another guy has his. But working together to protect the waterway inbetween is the difference maker.

I'd like to hear that Shepard is running good routes and catching what's theiwn his way. I'd also like to hear that Apple isn't grabbing like he did in college. A Cruz return to form would be a pleasant surprise.

Aside from that... I'm not sure what there is to look for. Eli is solid as always but aren't the players barred from actual tackling/hitting/football as part of the CBA? Maybe they're allowed some light contact along each line?

I wanna know why Snacks is on the PUP already...

Thomas and bromley too. It's annoying but they are saying none of the injuries are a big deal.

At this point all I can do is shake my head and laugh that a guy who hasn't missed a game in 3 years didn't make it to the first day of training camp as soon as he put on a blue jersey

I wanna know why Snacks is on the PUP already...

Teams are more likely to put a player on the PUP list during training camp since with the new CBA rules there is barely any physical contact anyways, most reps are mental or walk through.

Half of the Patriots starting offense is on the PUP list, just a precautionary thing to do since training camp is useless for anyone who isnt a rookie.

Teams are more likely to put a player on the PUP list during training camp since with the new CBA rules there is barely any physical contact anyways, most reps are mental or walk through.

Half of the Patriots starting offense is on the PUP list, just a precautionary thing to do since training camp is useless for anyone who isnt a rookie.

Been in jury duty with limited access today. Found out its precautionary but still. Shit like that is concerning.

I'd like to hear that Shepard is running good routes and catching what's theiwn his way. I'd also like to hear that Apple isn't grabbing like he did in college. A Cruz return to form would be a pleasant surprise.

Aside from that... I'm not sure what there is to look for. Eli is solid as always but aren't the players barred from actual tackling/hitting/football as part of the CBA? Maybe they're allowed some light contact along each line?

You mean like this?

Modal Trigger

There seems to be a fresh , clean and more refreshing feeling about the start of camp this year under McAdoo . We were certainly getting a bit stale with old Tom with all the same stuff and excuses and injuries we had heard before after 3 losing seasons. The roster looks ok , we have cleaned out a bit. im feeling more positive than normal in late July.

There seems to be a fresh , clean and more refreshing feeling about the start of camp this year under McAdoo . We were certainly getting a bit stale with old Tom with all the same stuff and excuses and injuries we had heard before after 3 losing seasons. The roster looks ok , we have cleaned out a bit. im feeling more positive than normal in late July.

Yeah getting rid of the after practice stretch is really gonna help the Giants record of players in IR.

Ok ......so Training Camp is finally here !

What are you guys looking for most of all ? ( apart from a lack of injuries )

lots to look forward to

Go Giants

regards

UK

- No but I'll settle for a 20% improvement on JPP. I've pretty much written Cruz off so any showing is a plus.

- Not expecting much from a rookie.

- Yes. It did last year.

- Yes.

- Nah.

- Yes but inconsistent. I'm looking at Robinson to shine though.

- No but I'll settle for a 20% improvement on JPP. I've pretty much written Cruz off so any showing is a plus.

- Not expecting much from a rookie.

- Yes. It did last year.

- Yes.

- Nah.

- Yes but inconsistent. I'm looking at Robinson to shine though.

Heard something disturbing about that earlier. The sacks weren't there but of Eli's 653 drop backs he was hit on around 220. Damn near 1/3 of his passes he ended up taking hits. Not good. I'd like to keep him around at least til the end of his contract.

Eli not getting sacked much last season doesn't tell the whole story. He was hit and hurried way too often. I remember the complaints here that we didn't go deep often enough - and in fact, I saw an article recently quoting Harris (I think), saying they want to throw deep more this year - but the OL didn't give Eli enough time for deep routes to develop......and God knows, we couldn't run the ball worth a damn. Short drops and quick releases masked a weak OL (esp the right side) last year.

I'd like to hear how Apple is doing in the first few camps.

Most rookie CBs take a couple years before they hit their stride, I imagine it might take a bit more with how raw Apple is coming out of college.

That's the only thing that irks me off over the draft, is how the 10th pick in the draft might not even be a starting player for the next couple of seasons.

1st team Defensive line up in Camp today ( as follows ) with Harrison on PUP

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul

DE: Olivier Vernon

DT: Johnathan Hankins

DT: Greg Milhouse

OLB: Devon Kennard

MLB: Jasper Brinkley

OLB: Jonathan Casillas

CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

CB: Janoris Jenkins

FS: Darian Thompson

SS: Landon Collins