SportsWrath

Tom Coughlin to join NFL's football operations department

Mr. P

If he can't coach why stay? Organization has plenty of figureheads and voices. If they did more for Coughlin during free agency while he was coaching, he would probably still be here coaching.

If he can't coach why stay? Organization has plenty of figureheads and voices. If they did more for Coughlin during free agency while he was coaching, he would probably still be here coaching.

He was part of "they"

He was part of "they"

I think free agency is more of a Jerry Reese thing. Hard time seeing Tom Coughlin saying no year after year to talent in free agency when it didn't develop from the draft.

I think free agency is more of a Jerry Reese thing. Hard time seeing Tom Coughlin saying no year after year to talent in free agency when it didn't develop from the draft.

My feelings were he was an offensive coach first and he relied on others to focus on the defense. In a sense, that's similar to what you're saying but a head coach needs to focus on the team. That and the damn injuries sealed his fate.

I feel bad for whoever will be supervised by him... The dude is too old and times have passed him by...

And for those saying he should have stayed or that he was thrown under the bus... no he wasn't... the team had losing records when he was a the helm.. The team let him stay 2 years too long out of goodwill... it was time to move on (2 years late) but i'm glad we finally pulled the plug.

What's the "NFLs football operations department?" It's like saying you joined Pepsi's cola beverage department.

Very good question, I wondered the same thing:

"The NFL’s operations office, currently headed by Troy Vincent, regulates the game’s officiating and rules, and helps to further communication with players and coaches concerning the game as it’s played every week."

I feel bad for whoever will be supervised by him... The dude is too old and times have passed him by...

And for those saying he should have stayed or that he was thrown under the bus... no he wasn't... the team had losing records when he was a the helm.. The team let him stay 2 years too long out of goodwill... it was time to move on (2 years late) but i'm glad we finally pulled the plug.

I'll recheck this post when we're 2-14.