SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

I watched almost none of the Mets v Yankees this weekend just because of how busy I had been and then the fucking Sunday game was on ESPN at 8pm. I was happy to hear that the Mets got one win out of it all and the pitching held up for the most part against that Yankee lineup

I don't know why Seth lugo isn't a fixture in the Mets rotation. Every time I've seen him, he has been good. Good stuff..gets better every year.

Why isnt he in the rotation..he is their third best pitcher imo.

If they want to trade him, is take him on the Yankees in a heartbeat. I really like him.

How do you Mets fans feel about him?

And it doesn't make a difference which team is better when it comes to the subway series...theyre always close games no matter where each teams sits in the standings and or how they're playing leading up to it...i never bank on a sweep..most of the time it's like 4 games to two or 3 to 3 for the season series

I don't know why Seth lugo isn't a fixture in the Mets rotation. Every time I've seen him, he has been good. Good stuff..gets better every year.

Why isnt he in the rotation..he is their third best pitcher imo.

If they want to trade him, is take him on the Yankees in a heartbeat. I really like him.

How do you Mets fans feel about him?

And it doesn't make a difference which team is better when it comes to the subway series...theyre always close games no matter where each teams sits in the standings and or how they're playing leading up to it...i never bank on a sweep..most of the time it's like 4 games to two or 3 to 3 for the season series

I really like him. He is was such a value coming out of the Bullpen especially when you see the starters (aka Harvey) give you three-four inning starts and he could come in and give a great 3-4 innings. But after giving up just 2 hits to the yanks for 6 innings, stretching him out to a starter might not be a bad thing... especially with putting pitchers on the trade block

The Yanks are 68-47 against the Mets in interleague. Not saying they do not normally have good games against eachother, but the Mets have come up short. On one hand the Mets v Yanks rivalry is fun, but in the spirit of competitive fairness I think they should do it more like football where your division plays one series against all the teams in another division... Like this year NL East plays AL East, and then next year the NL East plays AL Central.

Crazy...it's a game of youth and the Mets position players are mostly on the wrong side of thirty. Nimmo was a first round pick, he should be playing every day.

No first baseman no second baseman a young ss that needs to develop and an ancient outfielder other than nimmo.

You know who has young infielders and outfielders? The Yankees.

It's like they're meant to trade with each other.

Drury us a 25 year old infielder who hasn't reached his potential..he is a all star if he just got the playing time...unfortunately andujar and torres aren't going back down, they're the future.

Clint Frazier, Billy McKinney are major league ready outfielders..even Tyler wade can play the outfiel.

Comforting, nimmo and Frazier or McKinney is a good, young outfielder.

Turn hurtspedes into a first baseman and there's a start

Funny.

I remember when Jay Bruce was a top, if not the top prospect in baseball...not that he's had a bad career...just hasn't been the 40+ hr, 300 ave, 400 obp, hitting monster he was projected to be.

That why you trade prospects...they rarely become what they're hyped to be

• 2 weeks later...

They’ll either get hosed on the deal or the returns will get hurt.

And that is the forever curse of being a Mets fan... We know there will be nothing good to come from trading him because the front office blows.

Realistically even now the Mets are 2 bats away from being a competitive team. Shit, one of those bats could even be Cespedes coming off the DL for his leg strain or what the fuck ever. But they have nothing to trade, unless maybe someone wants Tebow to bring in fans to the AA ballparks

They actually won a fucking game... in extra innings! They got so lucky though that Cabrera did not bunt into a triple play in the 10th. If you were not watching, no outs- men on first and second Cabrera comes up and squares to bunt first one is popped foul behind the plate and the catcher just missed it... it was actually in his glove and he dropped it. (Note last time he "bunted" he popped it to the pitcher) The first and third basemen walk in close to guard against the bunt, and instead of having him swing away he bunts again... pop out to the third baseman. If that 3rd baseman had thought he would have dropped it and had an easy triple play.

Was glad to see Wilmer come up though and smack that double down the third base line

Just trade deform across town...cashman was quoted as saying, people have said we can deal right now, but I don't like what they're asking in return and my team has the best record in baseball so I'll wait...we can win with what we have.

Gangsta ass ninja cashmoney

Just trade deform across town...cashman was quoted as saying, people have said we can deal right now, but I don't like what they're asking in return and my team has the best record in baseball so I'll wait...we can win with what we have.

Gangsta ass ninja cashmoney

Other than Sonny Gray getting smoked by the Sox the other day... that might have sparked a bit of a flame under the ass of a team looking to win the world series.

• 3 weeks later...