Incognito

Treehugger

This guy needs medication.

Richie Incognito directed racial slur at Jonathan Martin

• By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League Editor
  • Published: Nov. 4, 2013 at 01:16 p.m.
  • Updated: Nov. 4, 2013 at 07:27 p.m.

The NFL started its investigation Monday into the situation surrounding Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jonathan Martin. With guard Richie Incognito suspended indefinitely by the team, new details emerged about the veteran guard's involvement in Martin's absence from the Dolphins.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Monday that Martin shared texts and voice mails with his parents on Saturday, and turned them over Sunday to the Dolphins and the league, according to sources close to Martin and involved in the investigation. The evidence implicates Incognito and, to a lesser extent,Dolphins center Mike Pouncey. Breer reported that Incognito used a racial slur and threatened violence in one of the voice mails. The NFL and theDolphins have heard the voice mail.

"Hey, wassup, you half (expletive) piece of (expletive)," according to a transcript obtained by Breer of an Incognito voice mail to Martin. "I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. I'll (expletive) in your (expletive) mouth. I'm gonna slap your (expletive) mouth, I'm gonna slap your real mother across the face (laughter). (Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

The transcript was among the evidence given to the NFL and NFL Players Association.

Martin, who is expected to be placed on the non-football injury list this week, notified the Dolphins on Sunday about alleged player misconduct. Incognito was suspended later in the day for conduct detrimental to the team.

"We received notification today from Jonathan's representation about allegations of player misconduct," theDolphins said in a statement Sunday. "We are taking these allegations very seriously and plan to review the matter further. We have also reached out to the NFL and asked them to conduct an objective and thorough review. As an organization, we are committed to a culture of team-first accountability and respect for one another."

A Dolphins source, who was addressing Incognito as a player, told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport last week that the team wasn't planning to bring back the 30-year-old -- who's due to earn $4 million in 2013 -- after this season.

Five weeks ago, I was hoping the Giants would add this guy to their line since our O-line is playing like a bunch of girls, and he's nothing if not feisty and nasty.

Now I wouldn't touch the guy with a ten-foot pole. Dude is clearly mental.

Maybe he thought his name would keep him under the radar.

Weird stuff.....really can't defend the guy at all.

Things can get taken out of context, especially stuff going on in the locker room. But talking about his "real mother" is totally over the line, even if one gives him the benefit of the doubt that it was simply hazing. Throwing in the "half-N" epithet is fucked up, too.

Like CD mentioned, apparently this guy has a track record with other people as well.

Anyway, he's fucked up his career....if the NFL needs to make a lesson out of people, go for it.

Five weeks ago, I was hoping the Giants would add this guy to their line since our O-line is playing like a bunch of girls, and he's nothing if not feisty and nasty.

Now I wouldn't touch the guy with a ten-foot pole. Dude is clearly mental.

Maybe he thought his name would keep him under the radar.

Great point....I'd pull a ton of crazy shit if my name granted me a cloaking device.

Weird stuff.....really can't defend the guy at all.

Things can get taken out of context, especially stuff going on in the locker room. But talking about his "real mother" is totally over the line, even if one gives him the benefit of the doubt that it was simply hazing. Throwing in the "half-N" epithet is fucked up, too.

Like CD mentioned, apparently this guy has a track record with other people as well.

Anyway, he's fucked up his career....if the NFL needs to make a lesson out of people, go for it.

The funny thing is, I mean this isn't Incognito's first time pulling this.

NFL.com had an article and video up about him how after being cut by the Rams he was able to "reform" himself with the Dolphins even earning the "Good guy award" from some sports organization.

However reading past that team mates and friends said it was all a shame by him, he was just putting up the act so he could keep playing the game, he was still the same asshole and dirty player he always was. Trying to gouge players eyes out in college, taking cheap shots after plays were over.

I'm glad this guy is never going to play another down in the NFL.

So if he did not call him a half/N-bomb do we never hear of this?

The guy he was harrassing quit on the Dolphins a few weeks back, had an 'incident' with Incognito in the cafeteria and just left, so it was already an issue.

The funny thing is, I mean this isn't Incognito's first time pulling this.

NFL.com had an article and video up about him how after being cut by the Rams he was able to "reform" himself with the Dolphins even earning the "Good guy award" from some sports organization.

However reading past that team mates and friends said it was all a shame by him, he was just putting up the act so he could keep playing the game, he was still the same asshole and dirty player he always was. Trying to gouge players eyes out in college, taking cheap shots after plays were over.

I'm glad this guy is never going to play another down in the NFL.

If this is the case, fuck him.....sounds like another Romanowski, and nobody needs that shit off the field.

If the kid doesn't stand up for himself, we'd never hear it.

If the voice mail this guy left did not call him a half nbomb I doubt the media makes any sort of deal about it. Like Tree said this guy quit for being harrassed and yes it was reported but 0 fucks were given.

You run this story without that, it is dismissed as locker room banter... you dont think guys say things about others moms? Say they are going to kill one another?

Obviously Incognito (if that is his real name) is an asshole piece of shit... but I doubt that is uncommon in the NFL.

yeah this stuff happens all the time around a bunch of ego crazy 300 pound monsters... they will get at one another... but the media is making a play for this due to the fact that the N word was drop.... Martin could of handle it a little better... whenever one of my upstate cracka buddie's call me a rice eating yellow bastard i always tell them i'll cut their throats and burn their house down.. it's all fun and games until someone decides not to play anymore..

If the voice mail this guy left did not call him a half nbomb I doubt the media makes any sort of deal about it. Like Tree said this guy quit for being harrassed and yes it was reported but 0 fucks were given.

You run this story without that, it is dismissed as locker room banter... you dont think guys say things about others moms? Say they are going to kill one another?

Obviously Incognito (if that is his real name) is an asshole piece of shit... but I doubt that is uncommon in the NFL.

...or the U of Neb Cornhuskers......you got him...Suh....bunch of nut jobs in Lincoln.

C.

Gorilla, this was a story days before that voice mail went to the media. The n-bomb is an afterthought.

Yeah people got to realize, this was a story well before what Incognito said made it to press.

The NFL started investigating and reporting on it not to long after Martin dismissed himself from the Dolphins.

Martin is on the non-football injury list, why do people keep trying to say that he "quit"? He may have walked out one day but the man sought help after constantly being treated like a rookie while not a rookie. And there's the fact he was threatened by a loser.

Guy sounds like a serial douchebag....

http://nypost.com/2013/11/05/how-richie-incognito-became-nfls-no-1-villain/

College

Fall 2002: Ejected from Nebraska’s game against Penn State for fighting. Was suspended for the first half of a game against Iowa State the following week.

Spring 2003: Suspended by former Nebraska coach Frank Solich for unspecified reasons.

Feb. 2004: Charged with three counts of assault stemming from a fight at a party. Found guilty of one misdemeanor assault charge after a three-day trial and paid a $500 fine.

Sept. 2004: Suspended from Nebraska. Withdrew from university two weeks later. Two weeks after leaving Nebraska, enrolled at Oregon.

Oct. 2004: Kicked off Oregon team. Coach Mike Bellotti said he failed to meet certain conditions.

NFL
Modal Triggermartin1.jpg?w=680&h=450&crop=1

Incognito and Martin together during Dolphins training camp.

2005-09: Played parts of five seasons with the Rams. In 44 games, he racked up 38 penalties, including seven for unnecessary roughness.

Training camp 2006: Got into an altercation with Rams cornerback Dwight Anderson. The 6-foot-3, 320-pound Incognito and the 5-foot-10, 180-pound Anderson had to be separated twice.

Nov. 2008: Criticized fans for not knowing how or when to cheer for a team that was 2-8 at the time. Taunted fans who were booing him during a game against the Bears.

2009: Was named “NFL’s dirtiest player” in a Sporting News poll of 99 players. That season, twice head-butted Titans players, and engaged in a verbal altercation with head coach Steve Spagnuolo. Was released two days later. After being released by St. Louis, he finished the year in Buffalo then signed with the Dolphins.

Sept. 2012: Criticized by Houston’s Antonio Smith for dirty play. During a preseason game in 2013, an enraged Smith swung his helmet after being incited by Incognito, which earned Smith a three-week suspension.

June 2013: Involved in an altercation in Miami night club that led to a trespass warning.

Summer 2013: When talking about his time in St. Louis, admitted to NFL.com: “I mean, we’d have practice the next morning, and I’m out until all hours of the night, running the town. Drinking. Doing drugs. I was doing everything that a professional athlete should not be doing.”

Martin is on the non-football injury list, why do people keep trying to say that he "quit"? He may have walked out one day but the man sought help after constantly being treated like a rookie while not a rookie. And there's the fact he was threatened by a loser.

The initial stories said he'd "left the team".

The NFL is like salami. You enjoy it, but you really don't want to know what's inside it.